Well, user, here at xyz startup, we use skype for business, office 365 with hosted exchange, windows 10...

>well, user, here at xyz startup, we use skype for business, office 365 with hosted exchange, windows 10, windows server on azure, and windows 10
>oh, and we issue macs and use bootcamp to do all real work
>how much experience do you have with these technologies?
Well, Sup Forums? Can you compete in today's modern tech world?

>windows 10, ..., and windows 10
Fuck, meant to say "visual studio, ..., and windows 10"
I clearly can't compete in today's modern tech world.

PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>I'm sorry, user; we don't hire autistic weeaboo pedophiles.

>visual studio, windows 10, azure active directory
>we issue macs and use bootcamp
You guys are complete retards and I now have no interest in working for you.

Ok, but can I listen to that new Tyler?

i would learn it

heh, no need, brought my own device

Sounds more like a shutdown

ayyyy

Well sir, if you hire me, I can help you improve privacy and safety while at the same time, reducing costs for propriety, closed-source software. I can guarantee that a reduction in user error and software error will greatly benefit this company. It would be a pleasure to work dor you sir.

I have experience both using and developing for all major desktop operating systems. I have the least experience with MacOS, but I can get by.

I have no experience with Azure because I don't do web development.

I've used everything on that list other than azure (just installed windows on a friend's macbook using bootcamp today as a matter of fact)
Going to have to learn how to use microsoft's cloud platform, but other than that I'm good, just dualboot niggers it's not that hard to keep your shit on *nix

autistic weeaboo terrorist pedophiles*

Do companies think you're so stupid you can't learn to use a GUI application for making video calls?
Do I actually have to put random software names down in my resume if I want to get an interview?

This

it's a bit of a tossup
at the company i work for, whenever we do hiring, we (the managers) do resume reviews.
we have been instruted to toss any resume that lists buzzwords like a list
meanwhile, at my previous job, hr did resume reviews, and they looked for buzzword lists before anything else...
it is always nice to be able to toss people who threw down shit like MS office and windows server without elaborating as to any specialized skills they developed around them

What do you mean specialized skills?
How do you indicate familiarity with said software?

>we issue macs to run windows
do any companies actually do this? all of my employers have used Dell business laptops

In the case of office what the fuck did you use it for, Desktop Publishing, Database Management, Database Migration, Data entry, what did you do?

job requirements for dev jobs are totally negotiable. They're more like a wishlist. If you have enough experience with all kinds of shit, it stops mattering if you have lots of experience with a specific type of shit.

if you're applying for a computer science job and you put down MS word as a skill, you deserve to be unemployed.

It's not the craziest thing I've ever heard, unusual to be sure but in a place like Silicon Valley it wouldn't surprise me at all

A friend of mine worked at a mobile game company in Toronto before striking out on his own, and they gave employees Macbooks.

gottem bang swagging on those wincucks whores

>they gave employees Macbooks.
I know some companies issue macbooks, one of my friends worked at a company that did this. What I don't get is issuing MacBooks that you intend your employees to run Windows on.

Now that I think about it, since he developed mainly for iOS, that's probably why they got macs.

>I'm sorry user, but I don't think you'll be a good fit on our team. Have a good day.

This is a startup? I'm sorry I thought I was interviewing for a job at an actual company. I'll see myself out.

for office, if you put down that you are a master at excel, i'm more likely to take you seriously. using word to make brochures is also a good way to make sure i take your resume with 2 grains of salt.
for windows server, i want to know if you can setup active directory, configure hyper v, do dfs replication, use terminal server and IIS, etc. if you just put down "windows server", for all i know, you could just have a vm that you use from time to time

I'm not sure how applicable most of those are to me being a nanochemist are the machines even compatible to run with a windows 10 PC?

>what is bootcamp

Something that doesn't play friendly with external machines.

What are you talking about? Bootcamp is literally just the dumbass name Apple gives their bootloader and the software used to create the new NTFS partition. Once you've installed Windows via bootcamp it functions exactly as if it were any other Windows laptop.