pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMX6MUh0hHs
eteknix.com/ocuk-cherry-mx-keycaps-rubber-o-ring-mod-review/3/
youtube.com/watch?v=zKJ0-ORL8DQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>New PBT keycaps aren't getting here for another 12 days
I've never tried them, but everyone keeps shilling them. What's the first thing you guys thought when you got to use them?

2st

Sold my pok3r and minila.

Using mxboard 3

Wat now?

Buy another new keyboard after you get bored of that one, rinse and repeat. Nothing will ever satiate the existential dread that consumes you otherwise.

i got horny and went on to fuck my gf ;_;

tada68 and keep it forever
its endgame stuff

Think I'll just move to /fit/ instead

Does it come in iso?

it does
but kill yourself isofag

Sorry to hear about your disability

>KP Hybrid Theory
>Cherry Profile Dyesub
>349CNY ($52)
Should I try this?

taobao/item/556128442605.htm

Yeah, those are fine. Many manufacturers have their own version of that set and they're all pretty much the same.

So I got nowhere last thread, so I'm gonna try my luck again in this thread.

So the stabilizers on my keyboard are more unstable than my foreseeable future, is there any way of reducing the amount of play in a stabilizer or how to just replace it without desoldering everything?
>webm familiar

Depends on what you're after. It could be one of those new Model Fs, it could be an Ergodox with Matias clickies, it could be a Topre board, or it could be something completely different.

Or if you don't wanna go down any rabbit holes, and just want a good keyboard, and like compact form factors, then the tada68 is probably endgame.

>Budget - 80 pounds
>Location UK
>Preferred switch type - black / red
>Layout / ansi (yeh i know.. ansi in UK lul....)
>Form factor - tkl
>Backlight - not importand

Probably gonna order a tada68 from taobao today, which switch should I get?

I once tried a couple of keyboards in a store, liked how a linear switch felt, hated how (I think Logitech) tactile switches felt. I'm gonna use it for gamedev and slight gaymeng. I hear tactile switches are better for this,
but the shitty ones I tried felt very light and very membrane like.

Should I get a stiffer tactile switch (blue?), or just go with linear and get black?

>tada68
excellent choice

i personally have them with gateron blues, very good and not inconsistent at all, people who shittalk about that are retards

logitech has custom switches called romer g and they are indeed shitty, you cant compare them with gat blues

so yeah go with blues, or greens if you like heavier switches

How do you order from taobao? I tried navigating the site, but I wasn't even sure what I was ordering. I'm the user from a couple of threads ago that got it from KBDfans on ali, with a bunch of missing screws scrambled all through the keyboard.

I'm looking to buy one with some black switches though cause blue is too loud (i'll use it at work).

The thing with every 65% (I think?) layout is that, in trying to resist putting one more column on the right, their Shift key is always tiny (1.0u), which one might or might not care.
Here, they decided to solve that problem by committing an even worse sin: Moving the / key to make space for a normal-sized Shift key.
No way in hell can I stand that. YMMV.

I googled some taobao guide, haven't bought anything yet

>Hybrid Theory

Wouldn't buy it on principle.

Guys, what should i buy?
Ducky One or Logitech G413?

Ducky

Or tada68

Didn't you ask this last time? Buy the Logitech board just to realize what a big mistake you made.

Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 vs Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum vs Corsair K95

who wins?

This is how I masturbate

The Jews.

You forgot the (((triple parenthesis)))

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Got my chink braided sleeve from ali. 5 meters for 2 bucks. Gonna try sleeving a cable on the weekend. Hope it'll look good on miami dolch when they arrive.

serious question.

Which would you get and why?

>Greetech switches

None of them.

What's wrong with them?

Also hypothetically let's say you only choose from these, what would you pick?

Suicide.

No silly answers please.

I'm being completely serious.

you have to pick one of 3 and there's no other option. You can't walk away,you can't kill yourself, you can't stop breathing, you can't knock yourself out or anything, your consciousness only exists solely to pick one of those three and use it and also give a reason as to why you are picking the one you pick.

I turn 360° and fly away

You can't. You don't have wings or the means to even turn away.

You don't need wings to fly away now

You have absolutely no means of getting away and you must make a choice.

I choose to crush the switches

Why?

Total noob about mechanical keyboards here. So, let's say I bought a blue switch kb, can I replace them later by let's say black or red switches?

Depends on the keyboard you bought. If its plate mount you have to desolder all the switches, then replace them. If its PCB mount then you can simply open up the switches and replace them. Some high end keyboards come with custom plates that allow you to open them with out deslodering. And some keyboards have hot swapable switches.

Are you retarded? Just replace the stabilizer. You've got two types cherry and costar.

razer but all three are kinda pleb tier

What would you recommend?

I would pick green

So, it's possible but it also takes a lot of work to not fuck it up. Thanks for the answer, user

Ducky, Cooler Master, Leopold, all the Costar boards in general, and Unicomp

TADA68

You forgot to include the official guide in the OP

What's a solid "silent" mechanical keyboard? I'll be in a college dorm with a roommate so I don't want a loud ass keyboard that'll distract him.

youtube.com/watch?v=HMX6MUh0hHs

Its the other way around buddy. Get a model M and establish your dominance. If he gets pissy bum fuck him, but just use the tip. However if you get paired up with chad and end up taking all nine inches, then get a matias quiet click, cherry pink, or topres

What about the Cherry Clear/Outemu purple? How are these sound wise?

Razer Killyourself are the best razer switches

With O-rings they should be decent.
But you can't go quieter than Matias quiets or Topre silenced

green because tactile & clicky

Those are still way too lound since the sound of bottoming out is louder then the actauting mechanism of the switch

>what are o-rings

>what is not slamming your keys like a retarded monkey

Anything with Cherry Silent Reds or Blacks is as quiet as you're gonna get.

Clears are pretty quiet, the only noise is gonna come from bottoming out your keycaps.

O-rings don't help all that much
And even if you don't mash them, mechanical keyboards are still about x2 as loud as a normal rubber dome.
eteknix.com/ocuk-cherry-mx-keycaps-rubber-o-ring-mod-review/3/

O-rings 1. don't do much and 2. only affect bottom out, not the clack of the stem hitting the upper housing on return.

lol fuck off, then every keyboard is too loud by your reasoning. and thick pbt keycaps dampen the sound and make it lower pitched

yeah no difference at all

fucking retards

>blues
>not bottoming out on purpose
>still twice as loud as rubber domes
Great chart moron

What can I do with a switch that gets stuck for a split second sometimes and is a bit harder to press than other switches and doesn't sound right?

Desolder it then solder in a new one

kill yourself retard you're a clueless fucking joke and you're absolutely sick in the head for posting those shitty unscientific pcworld measurements

Fuck. I actually have some spare switches but I don't have a good soldering iron and no desolder pump and I've heard desoldering is a pain in the ass in general.

The whole point was that o-rings aren't very good at making your keyboard silent compared to a switch that has both a dampened up and down stroke. Also
>blues
Are you retarded user? We're talking about o-rings

you don't even have a single clue about how decibel measurements work. just look at this video and hear the difference for yourself

sorry can you say that again. Your keyboard is too loud

this is what mental illness looks like folks

Did you make that video yourself? Its a pretty shitty video and proves nothing.

>all three are very loud
>blues just have a higher-pitched clicking noise mixed in with the clacking of bottom out and return
What is this video supposed to prove?

i don't have to "prove" anything to you you worthless fucking sperglord

you're deaf

fuck off retards i'm leaving, and ok you "won" whatever that means to your retarded sperg brains, enjoy your deluded circlejerk

>And even if you don't mash them, mechanical keyboards are still about x2 as loud as a normal rubber dome.

My Matias quiet click is quieter than any rubber dome board I've ever had.

Take your flipped space bars and keyboard science XD back to

I know I have one, but I already mentioned those in my earlier post, we were talking about non dampened switches with o-rings

You best be careful with that, you could rip the skin
>"is there any way of ... Just replacing it without desoldering everything?"
>"Are you retarded? Just replace the stabilizer"

Nice reading comprehension there, champ.
Anyways, they don't seem to want to come out at all, after unlatching them, they feel like they're on the verge of bending or breaking when I try and force them.
I've found nothing on replacing stabilizers as when I try and look it up, I just get stuff on installing them while you make the board itself

>O-rings
When will you manlets learn, the only good sound dampening methods are internal. Get some Cherry silent blacks or Matias quiet clicks in your life.

>can't use google
just replace the stabilizer moron

there are clips that dampen the up and down stroke tho

They only work with certain keycaps, otherwise they'll only dampen the up stroke. Internally dampened always works regardless of keycap choice.

I've got bad news for you bub. Cherry stabilizer are supposed to wobble a bit like that. Its costar stabilizers that you want

>Doesn't work on high profile keycaps
wow its nothing

Or with low profile keycaps, or with boards that have north facing LEDs, or basically anything other than Cherry profile with south facing LEDs.

wrong

The ones on my Razer keyboard doesn't wobble nearly this much. It at least helps keep the spacebar relatively stiff horizontally.

What switch should I get if I don't want a mechanical switch?

Topres

I know Topres uses rubber domes but does it feel exactly like a regular membrane keyboard?