Time travel scenario

What would you do if one day you were transported to 10 years ago with a single device that connects to the 2017 internet? This would be a device you currently possess that is somehow still linked to the future.

Younger you is still around so you can run into yourself, but you have no idea whether or not that's safe.

You have no other knowledge but this.

Buy a web site and post details of everything you do everyday and what happens, check the 2017 web for a tutorial written by your most successful future self.

Since I'm not granted a place to stay or any money: I'd beg for money on the street, a few dollars will do.
I will look up in 2017 winning numbers for the lottery, this is where it gets tricky.
I need to play for smaller amounts and let them add up, so I can make my living like this anonymously. If I win big I have to reveal my identity to cash it.
I would probably have to find a way to craft a new, legitimate identity.

I would make my way to the embassy of some country, the details can be sorted through research on the 2017 internet.
I would prove that I am from the future and promise to provide large benefits to that country with my knowledge if they give me a new identity and discretionary plastic surgery to alter my appearance.
I would probably have to tell them that I was holding valuable information that would be released to the public if I did not disable it. I would also have to have a quick way to kill myself in the case I am captured and tortured for the information instead.
But, if all goes well I'll have a new identity and appearance.
I will provide said country with some nice information to make them happy and then use what I know to get ahead. I would then live in comfort.

shitpost with better knowledge and maybe predict moot, and teach myself to lift

A website costs about 3 dollars, I could set up a free blogspot page at first fuck it though.

One way ticket to getting raped in a gulag, instead buy a winning lottery ticket and sell it to some gangster or drug dealer for 10k in cash, do that 3/4 more times then go buy plastic surgery.

How would I have discretion in doing so then?
I would also practically speaking need a new, legitimate identity in order to not draw attention to me.

That's the only way I can think of!

Pretend to be a drug addict or something, give the guy a lottery ticket for cash, some guy getting offered a 900k ticket for 10k in cash isn't going to be asking too many questions.

Once you have 60k in the bank move to Brazil or something and buy a new identity there.

The problem with telling your younger self a winning lottery number is that we don't know if time is linear.

If time branches off into an infinite amount of alternate parallel realities, then the only thing that'll happen is the you in that time will be rich, while the you in the future will be exactly the same.

Basically, nothing you do 10 years in the past will impact anything in the future. However, this also assumes you plan on going back to your timeline.

I suppose you could just live in that timeline, but you'll need to live in a different country since having duplicate ID's/fingerprints/DNA will be problematic.

When you can see the future you'll find out pretty fucking quickly if time is linear.

It's linear until you travel back. Doesn't matter what you do, just by existing in that past, you've already made a change to the total amount of matter that exists in that universe, therefore it will branch off.

Unfortunately me ten years ago would be too old to molest, so I would just pic related tbqh

People win jackpots all the time and don't get raped or robbed. If they do, it's usually by a friend or close relative.

Even so, all the money in the world isn't going to stop a dedicated individual from killing you.

Well I don't know how to travel back to the future so I don't give a shit about future me.
Also I am trying to avoid past me at all costs! That's why I'm playing for low amounts.
That's why I'm doing the different identity shit.
All to not be me, not be ever associated with me.

I let everyone know that the NSA is too powerful and that democracy itself is being threatened.

the purpose was the government would quickly find out and i would quickly be snatched up if they learned a future person was around

what the fuck is wrong with you?

way to steal snowden's thunder

>All to not be me, not be ever associated with me.
Why? Don't you want to share your wealth with your family and such?

I know, but you can always help your past self anonymously, or let your past self know and tell him to shut the fuck up about it

That's probably a less risky way to do things I'll admit.

Invest in bitcoin back when some guy spent 10k to get a single pizza and bang whores the rest of my life.

My parents are deadbeats, so not really. I don't really care to help 13 year old me either because he was a shithead and needs to learn how to function the hard way.

Fucking bitcoin?
Then use THAT money to buy a fuckton of GPUs and sell them at markup for the various mining booms, to turn it into legit money.

What would you do in the meantime? Bitcoin didn't get to where it is overnight.
You need to live!

I guess we know time travel doesn't exist in the future yet, else we'd have multiple individuals drawing the winning numbers.

Well I think that they would be smarter than that and try to fly under the radar with smaller wins.

Work for 9 years as a Jaba dev investing in amazon, then move my savings from that into bets on Brexit and Trump
While Im not at work I'll make TempleOS great enough to compete with Linux

i will go to a year that downloading information and knowledge is possible
i will search for the more prolific patents made after 2017 till the day that tech is invented
i download everything on my head
time travel back to my time
i have already fucked up my timeline just being back with so much knowledge barry allen style
it doesnt matter if i win the lotto or not or magically get money or not
i have all the knowledge to produce every patent that was profitable for a lot of years
i end up a billionaire maybe a trillionaire in a short amount of time
i will hire every single mad scientist there is with only one premise
find a way to travel between realities
finally a breakthrough!
i can travel in each realitytime travel to each reality at 2017 start companies with the very same patent idea
i am now sins of a solar empire kind of rich

This implies timetravel doesnt cause timeline splits and we arent in the base timeline

how would you time travel back to your time

you were transported, so you'll have to invent a time machine before you can go back, good luck with that!

thats the thing people dont understand
its not about the machine its about the physics thats why the theory states that the time travel is practicly limitless

this is an 18+ site

i could go on and on about this...
there are so much examples i can give about invention of "machines" that will elliminate the purpose of it...

truth is the machine will just make use of the properties of time and nothing more you arent going to invent some new physics to be able to time travel enstein already did that for us according to him infinite time travel is POSSIBLE as long as we find a way to travel not only via space but time itself
this is the premise of time travel according to einstein the invention of a machine that make use of those propierties isnt gonna make it any different what so ever