twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's way better shit than that turd.

okay, grandpa

Windows 8.1 with classic shell

Windows XP X64 was pure gold, especially for Far Cry

>April 2009 was 10 years ago

only good OS itt
/thred

Are computers finally powerful enough to run Vista smoothly?

people complain about this OS running poorly, if you bought a computer preloaded with it, it just werx.

all those people complaining probably trying to run it on office computers from 2002

>when safari on windows was good

fuck that takes me back

Vista was (very) good since the begining on a decent gamer desktop. On a laptop, even 7 years after the launch it just didn't werk at all.

Functionally 7 is practically identical to Vista, just with a slightly worse aesthetic. You only remember it more fondly because you didn't try to run it on your Pentium 3 shitbox and subsequently run into big performance issues, and because hardware manufacturers actually released proper drivers for 7 instead of broken shit that would BSOD every 20 minutes.

Vista was just ahead of its time

Don't forget less botnet, Sup Forums seems to forget about all the botnet shit that was added to 7, especially later on in ""security"" updates.

Yes and no. I had an e8500, GTX 280 and after 6 Months I had to reinstall as it went to shit. Ended up going back to XP in early 2009

the feature set of 7 was worse than vista in everyway besides a couple.
im still using hax for wmp11.
wmp12 is fucking stupid

this

soon

reactos.org/

the sad part is, that vista felt more polished than windows 7 subsequent later releases

No-no it wasn't user it's only been 8

math must be hard for you :(

>Ultimate Bloated
Home Premium is the sanest choice.

>mfw very tech savvy grandpa died and this was his last OS and I wish I was older to chat tech with him today

The fucking emoji filename

tfw there will never be an email client as good as this ever again

Vista was shit even on a decent spec computer. There's a reason the vast majority of people prefer 7. You're just being contrary hipster faggots with stockholm syndrome.

>10 is the "last" version of windows
>Enterprise might as well be fucking Home at this point
>LTSB will probably be phased out or slowly become as cancerous as every other edition

Go die fucking emo hipster faggot, W7 was a fucking piece of shit and its UI was fucking horrendous.
There's always a fucking loser like you everytime a new windows version shows up, first it was W98, then XP, now it's W7, it won't take long before it is W10.

I'm not the only one who downgraded from Ultimate to see less bloat regardless if you are tech savvy enough to do it manually right?

this

>Vista was shit even on a decent spec computer.
Not the fault of the OS, though. Software developers took a long time to make their programs UAC-aware, which caused virtually all of the problems with UAC (programs that needed admin permissions would run without them, programs that didn't need them would ask for them, etc), and hardware manufacturers took forever to release stable drivers. The OS itself is fine, it's just NT 6, virtually no different from Win7.

Yeah this, until you find out the hard way
>no drivers

Feels bad man

The sad part is that Windows 7 will be the last great OS that is just that "an operating system" and not some fucked up hybrid pile of shit that tries to do it all (touch/desktop/store bullshit,etc) and sucks at it all. God, stupid MS fuckers, forgot that maybe 90% of all people use a computer for is simple e-mail, web surfing, and office work, plus the downloading/transfer of photos/music. What the hell can Windows ten or 8/8.1 do to make those tasks easier? Not a damn thing. I do all that and more with win 7 just fine thanks. My tasks hasn't changed that much from what they were in the Win 9x days. Only differences are addition of photo/video editing and transfer of photos (started doing those with Win XP)

No drivers meme was never a problem for me, even ran it on a Samsung i5 laptop from 2010. Wouldn't do so today of course but it was easily the best OS for that hardware at the time.

That's what one would tell themselves until they actually hit that road bump and question if it was even worth taking 64 bit. Of course YMMV, but it's not worth taking the gamble and worth hassling to reinstall. It's not like you have the next half a decade mapped and all figured out and decided that you will never to install a particular driver ever again.

If you're a weeaboo, Ultimate lets you switch between English and Japanese language packs easily.

People post this a lot but other than the taskmanager shit I do not see the problem. 3rd party programs clashing visually is the problem of the 3rd party developers, not Windows. Powershell is supposed to have a different color scheme by default to distinguish it from the old command prompt, and I don't see how the top bar doesn't fit the navigation buttons, they're both glass-like. I'm not a fan of Aero at all but 7 had a consistent UI.

I disagree. I ran it from beta on a Latitude D620 with 4GB RAM and it ran just fine.

The biggest thing people remember from the Vista days is that most computers said "Vista Compatible" yet only had 1-2GB RAM. It ran like shit on 1-2 GB RAM.

Its the endgame OS... i have devuan and slackware on my laptops but i have a (mostly) airgapped win7 machine for audio production and my hi res library...

same install image since 2009 its totally comfy as fuck.... i am probably going to die before i fuck with that OS image TBHF

Running it on an x220, pretty damn comfy.

Isn't that's just running windows 8 but trying to have it behave like windows 7?

>having such a shitty taste
so this is how it's like to be a pajeet
hmm....

>mostly airgapped
>mostly

wtf m8

Windows 8 brought plenty of exploit mitigation techniques, while windows 10 has further improved security from exploits by leagues.

I don't understand why you're happy using an OS with 10 year old outdated security features.

>there will never be an OS this good again
xubuntu is better
remains better
not screwed up - microshit had to 'market' their marginal facility

yeah its hilariously insecure because its a totally un updated win7 so networking is disabled 99% of time and so i can concentrate on music and plus it holds so much valuable content its just a hard quarantine

but sometimes i have to enable networking when i buy a new iphone or need to jailbreak etc... the latest 9.1.2 jailbreak needs a developer CA to sideload cydia...

>when Safari on Windows existed

Aero is literally pajeet: the UI

>this is how it's like to be a pajeet
pajeet/other 3rd worlder ESL detected

Y'know what man, Windows Setup was comfy as fuck to use even though it was considered bloat. Before the sedimentary layer of bloat.

Linux permavirgins, OSX closet cases, 8.1 and 10 mouth breathers. Let me help you wrap this up right now.

Goodnight.

>because most people use it it's inherently good
pajeet's logic everyone hahahaa

>61617013
But I don't shit in the street, user. I shit on you.

>shitty vista
>inferior than 8
it's literally a meme os

Y'know, you're also THAT guy that pops up after they've gotten used to the new version.

I totally agree. In the last few days I've been distro hopping on Linux because I wanted to try something new but just today I realized how much I missed Windows 7 and went back to it. Did a clean Ultimate installation using simplix pack for updates to avoid everything telemetry related which ia what I recommend to everyone.

Win 8/8.1 was Windows 7 with improvements. Then some pen pusher thought it'd be a good idea to give it a tablet interface.

With Classic Shell 8.1 is as it should be - an incremental update

i had to do a fresh 7 install for achick who needed 7sp3 for adobe CC

fucking minefield... fuck that shit.. you know there will be another kb that slips something in eventually

windows 8 with classic shell etc is far less stressful of you need something current and up to date... or as linus says ... "windows 9"

youtube.com/watch?v=XzSSidHU54g

>Sydney as background

My nigga

Shit drivers buried Vista just like it buried XP64

Help, I'm about to move to win10 because some apps keep disabling aero and it drives me nuts. I want to stay on 7

Can you explain your reasining user?

have you looked up any solutions?

the only one i found is to make UXSMS restart shortcut for context menu but:
It doesn't work since restarting windows services requires admin privileges
i want to stop apps from disabling aero in the first place, not turn it back on manually every time

Watch out, best os coming thru

that's not Ubuntu 7.04

Actually my problem is way simpler than that, i just want a dark control panel that stays dark at all times.

>hipster
How can Windows 7 be hipster when even now it's the #1 most popular OS in the world

Nice

icons look selected, poor choice of background color

I thought LTSB was for ATM machines, medical equipment and the like. Important stuff- if anything it'll remain the most pure 'windows' OS imo.

(at least I hope)

KDE looks better

How many viruses do you have

Up to this date Bliss still stays the best default wallpaper of all time

they where back in the day u just had a shit pc

a dual core with 4gb of ram was perfectly capable of running it in 2006 but wasnt very good for gaming because the ram footprint was huge.

in 2007-2008 when 6 and 8gb became more popular it was alot better

It was literally just Windows 7 with a slicker nicer looking UI.

My personal worst windows ive ever used is windows 8.x especially at launch it was so horrid i never used it

Man. This one hits me in the feels lad. I remember I grew up poor, and I had a Windows 98 PC until 2005. Then a friend upgraded it to Windows ME.

Then in 09, I was able to buy a great computer (I still use that same HDD to this day in my custom PC) with Windows Vista loaded on it. It ran so well, and everything was so beautiful.

I'm on 8.1 ATM and have no plans to upgrade to 10 right now.

u can still use w7 and 10 drivers on vista

It was because of the new driver model it took manufactuers a while to catch up.

It wasnt shit at all

>have to tip toe installing your os
fucking wintards

10 is ok but the only reason to upgrade
>w10 exclusive games (lel) and dx12
are fucking worthless atm

Use the non aero theme pleb.

can someone here help me?
there is a program for windows10, it show switches to turn off updates

This that place in 2006

This is still the nicest looking OS

have to be dark. High contrast ones are to hax0r4me

vista was a pile of shit, KYS.

Fuck user, how i wish they would just make everything compatible with windows xp...

I miss the beast edition that used like 128mbs of ram and was STUPID fast.

Is this what they call summer?

Are you me?

Only reason I'm considering moving to 10 is because AMD dropped driver support for 8.1.

>Phone poster

>that ui
>that consistent design
>that feel of something made to help the user, not frustrate them
there will never be an os as good as 2000 ever again

Vista's/W7's UI wasn't exactly great, but it looks good in retrospect because Windows has since managed to get worse. For instance, I wasn't a fan of the Vista Control Panel, but it shines like a design masterpiece next to the split-personality nonsense of W8 and W10.

Meanwhile, pic related actually had a good UI with pretty much a working equivalent of the WinFS vaporware underneath it.

with aero? no.

why the FUCK would they remove something so intuitive and useful?

Because they figured nobody uses WMP.