Snapdragon 835

>Snapdragon 835
>8gb/256gb nand
>microsd slot
>24 bit 1920x1080 display
>6000/10,000mah battery
>possible 4x4 mimo antennae
>rugged design IP68-rating
Is this phone too ugly for you Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

agmmobile.com/en/news/Global-developers-wanted-for-AGM X1
aliexpress.com/store/product/g/326420_32792537440.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>physical multitasking and back buttons
I like it other than that. what's it called?

AGM x2, and x2 pro. I like the possible battery, and the microsd card slot.
10,000mah with a 1080 screen has to last for a long ass time. Almost my whole smartphone wishlist would be granted if they make this sub $500 with a replaceable battery.

>sub $500
hahahahahahaha

>24 bit colour space
wow did the 90s call or something?

Probably just means 8-bit color, just looks better to do 8+8+8 to make it look better

Their last flagship was $288 in china/$400 in U.S.
It's very possible that this phone will be sub $500, because it's an unpopular china manufacturer who makes ugly phones.

sheit, that's pretty cool. i'm in the market for a new phone too. when is it supposed to release?

>mimo antennae

SAR value? sounds like hand burner guaranteed

>>rugged design IP68-rating
Very nice if true. Most people stick their phones in a big, chunky case regardless.

Not sure about the release date, or even if it actually released like with another brand name.

>Back and multitasking buttons are on the wrong side
>No stereo speakers
>Buttfucking ugly design
>Way too thicc even if thicness is sometimes nice
>6k-10k mAh means its over half a kilogram
Enjoy half a kilogram hitting your leg if you put it in the pocket
Enjoy having to hold on to this monstrosity everywhere you go because it doesnt fit in your pocket

>see side view images
>see top down and bottom up images
>the thickness represented by the top down and bottom up images is considerably thicker than the side view images

Ok, what the fuck is up with that and what the fuck is that round thing centered at the top in the top down image?

Aside from that it looks like a copycat clone of a Galaxy S7 Active which I had last summer and loved to death, fucking 4 days of battery life with the 4000 mAh battery and that was using the stock ROM since Samsung shit is so fucking locked down.

If only I could have unlocked that bootloader and put a proper custom ROM and voltage altering kernel on it, my god, it would have been my perfect smartphone bar none and powerful too.

I would literally go close to 90 hours between charges, with 12-14 hours of SOT per charge without any problems at all with the GS7A, I really really miss that device.

The Galaxy S8 Active is a piece of shit, now they've gone and removed the physical buttons on the front and I really did love those. I don't give a fuck what a phone looks like 99.999% of the time and the GS7A was damned fucking awesome, it truly was.

Gotta wonder about this one in the OP now, however, but that disparity between the image views, that's a problem.

>Back and multitasking buttons are on the wrong side
Same layout as my current phone except it's using.physical buttons.
>No stereo speakers
I use earbuds, headphones, or bt speakers.
>Buttfucking ugly design
Yea. It looks hagrid as fuck.
>Way too thicc even if thicness is sometimes nice
Looks rugged like it can take a fall from a ladder, or handle some mud.
>6k-10k mAh means its over half a kilogram
Saves me a pocket for an external battery, so this is nice in my opinnion.

>is up with that and what the fuck is that round thing centered at the top in the top down image?
Maybe a ciggarrette lighter?
>Aside from that it looks like a copycat clone of a Galaxy S7 Active which I had last summer and loved to death, fucking 4 days of battery life with the 4000 mAh battery and that was using the stock ROM since Samsung shit is so fucking locked down.
It looks more like the oem who makes cat branded phones, and it's a snapdragon cpu, so rom root cgances are high.
>Gotta wonder about this one in the OP now, however, but that disparity between the image views, that's a problem.
They look like early renders, so final design will probably look a different kind of ugly. I'm not worried, because it looks like a high specced phone that won't grab the market, because of aesthetics. This might be one of those cheap sleeper bargains imo, so I'm paying attention to it.

I'm interested in it because of the similarities to the GS7A as I mentioned, don't care about who makes it as long as it's solid. Apparently the company does support outside developers creating Lineage ROMs for their devices, they even have a video on YouTube in their branded company channel linking to such a ROM for the X1 model so, hopefully this X2 thing will have that kind of support as well.

If it's a good price, great, I'll consider one. Sad that nobody at XDA seems to give a shit about these devices, barely any threads about them overall, the PDA.ru forum of course has one thread about the X1 that's like 161 pages long now, unfortunately I don't speak/read/write Russian and Google translate isn't always perfect but it's a start I suppose.

Regardless, an interesting potential device to keep an eye on, absolutely. A proper actually decent 10K mAh battery, coupled with a Snapdragon 835 and a 1920x1080 AMOLED panel, shit, that should easily (and I'm being completely serious here) provide 5 days of battery like and at least 22-25 hours of SOT on a charge given some tweaking.

Absolutely interested, no doubt.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MUH MONEY

So is it thicc or not? Top/bottom views are telling a different story than side views

k-10k mAh means its over half a kilogram
haha, shut the fuck up.

Also:

agmmobile.com/en/news/Global-developers-wanted-for-AGM X1

That makes me wish I was a ROM developer, even some simplistic help with that project could probably end up getting an X2 for free for the effort, dammit.

>should have learned ROM development years ago
>still spinning my wheels
>oh well, another missed opportunity

I was actually a product reviewer for the Galaxy S7 Active 8500 mAh external battery case created by ZeroLemon and loved it (that pushed my battery life close to 7 days). I also currently own a Galaxy Note 4 with the ZeroLemon 10K external battery case, it's about an inch thick, DILLIGAF.

I don't care about having a thin fucking device that needs recharging too frequently, I care about having a working device that runs for as long as it possibly can without me having to scramble for a place to plug in and charge.

It's a completely different mindset, son, and for those of us that are actually productive and not sitting around on our asses playing fucking games on a smartphone, battery life sits at the top of the priority list.

Someday you'll figure it out, but then again, I do have my doubts.

They have a phone/walkie talkie hybrid. It has a magnetic SUCC
aliexpress.com/store/product/g/326420_32792537440.html

Too bad the battery us build in and it costs £400

I'm buying it for sure if it's smaller than 5"

muh pic

That looks nice.

How does magnetic suction charging work?

I'm guessing it just means its a magnetic connector like some macs have. Is it a standard connection on walkies?

Well, this might make me think otherwise, the LTE band support really is shit:

FDD-LTE:800/1800/2100/2600(B20/B3/B1/B7)

And that's for the INTERNATIONAL version so, here in the US that's not gonna work for shit considering AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon share bands 2/4/5/12/13/17 with some use on 12 and 17 as well and Sprint uses 25/26/41.

Dammit, and here I was thinking this could be a useful device, shit.

Thanks for this. I might give it a go user.

A rom could probably unlock the other bands, and depending on the antennas it might just work.

I don't like the look of the rubbery parts but otherwise I prefer this utilitarian look.

ROMs don't unlock GSM or LTE band support, that requires software that can reprogram the NV items in the Qualcomm firmware and a bit more complicated to accomplish, it's possible sure but it depends on the device and finding someone willing to risk bricking theirs to discover the particular NV items that need altering.

Guess I'll have to pass on these AGM devices, sadly, seems like such a waste to make a device and call it "International" if it won't support all the global LTE bands out of the box. I'm sure it would work fine on HSPA+ networks here in the US as it does show the proper GSM bands needed but even so, without LTE that's a problem as AT&T and T-Mobile (the primary GSM providers in the US) are doing everything they can to shuffle people off the HSPA+ side of things to LTE so they can re-purpose those network towers towards the newer 700 MHz band operation.

These anons get it.
The specs+battery is a fucking godsend for some.

>These anons

It's just one person, me, come on, pay attention.

All it needs is Lineage OS support and I'd buy it instantly. Something I've come to learn with phones is that if you can't install your own OS, it's not worth a damn. It should be possible though since it's not Mediameme or Samdung hardware. Unlike I'm hoping it'll be under $700. That's about as much as I'll ever be willing to pay for a phone. Last time I bought a Note 5 for $800 and had the worst software experience.

As noted in they intend to get Nougat on that device but of course it's a matter of time for development to happen. It'll ship with Marshmallow of course then it could be months before Nougat comes out and there's no word on whether they'll have a Lineage Marshmallow build ready for it upon release either.

I wouldn't mind owning one of these X2 devices, I really wouldn't (the 4GB/64GB would be fantastic really for a good price) but that lack of US LTE band support is a deal breaker and people should really pay attention to that aspect.

If you're not in North America and the lack of those LTE bands is fine with you because you're in some country or part of the world that matches those specs precisely then fantastic, it's a win-win for you but, not for those of us in the US it seems.

Damned shame, really, 'cause I do like the overall look of the device and the specs are fine with me overall. I wonder what the actual image quality from the camera sensor is like however - don't give a fuck about "dual cameras" myself, that shit is a fucking gimmick.

And as an LG G4 owner, there still is no camera assembly/sensor that matches what the G4 produces, not even the hardware in the Pixel or Galaxy S8 or the OnePlus 5 produces anything that looks better to me than what the G4 is still capable of.

The buttons are on the right side

Well I'm out unless at the very least a rom will make the other freqs work. They are giving rom makers full source with nda according to link
>agmmobile.com/en/news/Global-developers-wanted-for-AGM X1
so it might be possible, but I wouldn't touch it if it just keeps bands listed here

You sound like a big boy. A blue collar big boy cuck.

Then again, you use a Shitsung.

I wish Android could be more like iOS. I wish it had an iMessage clone. I feel sad when my (potential) friends and significant others make fun of me because of green bubbles. I don't want Android to be open source, I want it to be closed source just like iOS because it's more secure. When will Android users realize that "rooting" is something that only nerds and hackers do?
In fact what I really want is the latest iPhone, but cheaper like in the $300-$400 range because I'm too poor to afford one. I know if Google releases a standard priced flagship I won't buy it because fuck that.

what's with the micro USB slot?
do the designers not know it's 2017 and even the cheapest of chink phones are using type C

that's great and all but I'm willing to bet it has lol-no-modern-American-bands

>making your text more readable is a mark of le ebil rebbit

You faggots actually believe this?

therewasatimewhenwedidntusespacesatallbutyouwouldntrememberthatbecauseyour'arefreshfromreddit

Needs an IR blaster.
The nav buttons could look better. And ad a Menu button. Maybe make them capacitive too.
But that would take away the usability while being wet.

I hope some Russian guy gets some good builts going on XDA. i'm to stupid to create anything of value.

Please

Don't

tell

me

you

think

this

is

more

readable for

you

because