Nvidia vs AMD

Nvidia vs AMD
Which company has better products overall?
this board is filled with AMD news does Nvidia have anything new coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1039809/amd-shares-are-soaring-ethereum-miners-are-renting-boeing-747s-to-ship-graphics-cards-to-mines/?utm_content=buffer6d504&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
youtu.be/_36yNWw_07g?t=6
devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cripto miners loves AMD
qz.com/1039809/amd-shares-are-soaring-ethereum-miners-are-renting-boeing-747s-to-ship-graphics-cards-to-mines/?utm_content=buffer6d504&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Volta Q2 2018?

Crypto miners have always loved amd though. That's been like that since early bitcoin.

Longevity wise amd wins. R9 2xx and 3xx cards were still relevant for years. Rx 4xx and 5xx cards take a giant steaming shit on nvidia offerings at the same price point as of now, and Nvidia has shown that they repeatedly drop any sort of support or optimization for their older products after short periods of time (hence why the 680 and 780ti run like complete fucking trash). Also, amd beats the shit out of Nvidia in dx12 and vulkan enabled games, showing that they will offer better performance in the long term with new titles using technologies that are being adopted very quickly. Freesync isn't fucking stupid expensive and works better than gsync.

Vega is completely up in the air. Hopefully they announce price points that are competitive with nvidias stuff. As long as it matches a 1080 and it's $50 less than the average 1080, they'll do fine in sales. If it's another fury, it's going to be a problem for them selling these unless miners get extremely desperate.

If they take the lowest end vega and it's better if only slightly than the 1070, that card will be a really nice sweet spot for 1440p high refresh rate gaming, especially considering how much cheaper the freesync monitors are for that resolution.

this is fucking stupid.
overall doesnt matter. look for your price range and choose the best atm.

Nvidia Launched GeForce Now Mac/PC which is eerily similar to than one service that was ran out of business a long time ago. I forgot the name of the service maybe nvidia bought them out?

if by new you mean tech developed and funded by nvidia, nope nothing.
meanwhile you can thank AMD for DDR, HBM etc etc

nvidia will buy anything that looks promising and then lock it to their platform while gimping its use on the competition (physx).. so you better pray nvidia doesn't come out with anything "new", cause it'll just mean higher prices and worse performance for everyone

So Nvidia at every price range?

the only thing nvidia developes are advertisements.

rest of the competition focuses on developing new and exciting hardware/software

Polaris had most of mid-range on lockdown before miner rape.

>the only thing nvidia developes are advertisements.
I wonder why they don't advertise on Sup Forums. This is the first nvidia anything I've seen on here in a while.

Shit. I still use a 290x because I'm a cheap piece of shit, and that motherfucker runs lots of stuff at 4K. Pretty high settings too. I know doom 2016 on ultra still pushes 45fps in 4K.

>this board is filled with AMD news
This board has become a hotbed for AMD marketers.

If buying current gen gpus for home or work then go nvidia.
If in the market for older gen cards then amd can look good because their cards will work properly by that time, and they are cheaper.

youtu.be/_36yNWw_07g?t=6

they used to
probably realized what a waste of money it was considering they jacked the price up three fold throughout their product line and still managed to sell as much as before.

tl;dr their brainwashing only needs to work on a generational basis (generation of people i mean, not product generations)

well obviously the poojeets are going to shill for their raj

You don't have to justify buying Nvidia unlike AMD.

It ultimately boils down to your experience with the product. I had an old cheap nvidia card that outlived a burned mobo and crt monitor (lasted 15 years, which is awfully close to the age of some gpu war posters). My experience with AMD was a cheap burned cpu on a laptop (lasted 1 year). For some people it might be the other way around, for others there's no significant difference or simply don't care about it enough to advertise their preferences. One thing is for sure, competition is always healthy (pushes investment in new technologies, lowers prices), so it doesn't really make sense wishing for either to fail.

As a long time amd user I'd say nvidia.

devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/

>The new Volta SM is 50% more energy efficient than the previous generation Pascal design, enabling major boosts in FP32 and FP64 performance in the same power envelope.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES CAN'T COMPETE WITH REAL PERFORMANCE & POWER EFFICIENCY

How much tho?