/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General: Edward Snowden Edition

/Cyb/er/sec/urity general is for the discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

New OP taking too fucking long.

What is cyberpunk?
>pastebin.com/jS37Vu7A

Nothing to hide? - The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.
>youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

Resources:
Cyberpunk:
Cyberpunk directory:
>pastebin.com/9JaJFqB2
Cyberpunk resources:
>pastebin.com/7DWCsAc8

Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity essentials:
>pastebin.com/JWx5xeEM
Cybersecurity resources:
>pastebin.com/NaUPUDF0

Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN!
Shit just got real: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe

The Old Skool: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

IRC:
Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Sup Forumspunk - Requires SSL
>#Sup Forumssec - Requires SSL
IRC guide:
>pastebin.com/bh3Uyq3a

Thread archive:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Thread backup:
>cyberpunked.org/

Previous thread:

Suggestions for new resources are welcome.
The Gentoomen /sec/ community is looking for CTF team members, contact them at the IRC channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

darpa.mil/news-events/2015-01-19
darpa.mil/about-us/bridging-the-bio-electronic-divide
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-02-08
darpa.mil/about-us/less-invasive-neural-interface
darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-04
youtube.com/watch?v=F_brnKz_2tI
darpa.mil/news-events/2017-07-10
youtube.com/watch?v=vjac3RBoK1c
google.com/patents/US6729337
technewsworld.com/story/42081.html
wireheading.com/misc/matrix.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3428140/
nature.com/nature/journal/v530/n7588/full/nature16492.html
nature.com/nbt/journal/v34/n3/full/nbt.3428.html
jcjc-dev.com/2016/04/08/reversing-huawei-router-1-find-uart/
jcjc-dev.com/2016/04/29/reversing-huawei-router-2-scouting-firmware/
jcjc-dev.com/2016/05/23/reversing-huawei-3-sniffing/
jcjc-dev.com/2016/06/08/reversing-huawei-4-dumping-flash/
jcjc-dev.com/2016/12/14/reversing-huawei-5-reversing-firmware/
odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c2_dotmatrix
zachtronics.com/tis-100/
zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/
nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Libreboot-Installation-X200/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for new thread

Is it worth doing certs/courses irl or is there enough material online? Having guidance from a teacher seems handy

Reminder that you will never be secure until your device's bootloader is Free as in Freedom.

This. OP never added the libreboot info to the pastebin :(

reposting

Reminder that CBC is considered harmful.

7th for OP literally came from death.

Any advice to libreboot thinkpads with an odroid?

If it has SPI support, figure out how to enable it and get breadbox cables and a Soic8/16 clip. Libreboot documentation has more info on identifying your hardwre and what you need.

darpa.mil/news-events/2015-01-19
darpa.mil/about-us/bridging-the-bio-electronic-divide
>New effort aims for fully implantable devices able to connect with up to one million neurons

darpa.mil/news-events/2016-02-08
darpa.mil/about-us/less-invasive-neural-interface
>Minimally Invasive “Stentrode” Shows Potential as Neural Interface for Brain

darpa.mil/news-events/2016-03-04
>As an initial focus, NGS2 will challenge researchers to develop and use these new tools and methods to identify causal mechanisms of “collective identity” formation—how a group of individuals becomes a unified whole, and how under certain circumstances that community breaks down into a chaotic mix of disconnected individuals.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_brnKz_2tI
>The Mind-Controlled Bionic Arm With a Sense of Touch

darpa.mil/news-events/2017-07-10
youtube.com/watch?v=vjac3RBoK1c
>Neural Engineering System Design program sets out to expand neurotechnology capabilities and provide a foundation for future treatments of sensory deficits

Past news, still related:

google.com/patents/US6729337
>Method and system for generating sensory data onto the human neural cortex

technewsworld.com/story/42081.html
>Sony Patent Details 'Matrix'-Like Brain Stimulation System

wireheading.com/misc/matrix.html
>Sony patent takes first step towards real-life Matrix

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3428140/
>Non-invasive transcranial stimulation of rat abducens nerve by focused ultrasound

nature.com/nature/journal/v530/n7588/full/nature16492.html
>Bioresorbable silicon electronic sensors for the brain

nature.com/nbt/journal/v34/n3/full/nbt.3428.html
>Minimally invasive endovascular stent-electrode array for high-fidelity, chronic recordings of cortical neural activity

Maybe this sounds retarded but I've read out there freedos is used to flash bios. Why can't they libreboot?

jcjc-dev.com/2016/04/08/reversing-huawei-router-1-find-uart/
>Practical Reverse Engineering Part 1 - Hunting for Debug Ports

jcjc-dev.com/2016/04/29/reversing-huawei-router-2-scouting-firmware/
>Practical Reverse Engineering Part 2 - Scouting the Firmware

jcjc-dev.com/2016/05/23/reversing-huawei-3-sniffing/
>Practical Reverse Engineering Part 3 - Following the Data

jcjc-dev.com/2016/06/08/reversing-huawei-4-dumping-flash/
>Practical Reverse Engineering Part 4 - Dumping the Flash

jcjc-dev.com/2016/12/14/reversing-huawei-5-reversing-firmware/
>Practical Reverse Engineering Part 5 - Digging Through the Firmware

AES for dummies (how it works).

this is pretty good. i saw this a couple months ago. shame i dont have the equipment to work through it.

Electronic symbols and functions.

This is the good shit.

DIY movable HQ.

Basic elements of packet radio.

Guide to EAMs.

user stop, I'm about to cum.

yeah it took me a few months to collect those articles, you don't hear often this kind of news on cybernetics research, I really like this kind of stuff tbqh.

>tfw too many responsibilities now to sit down and learn about security stuff all day
>tfw was interested in computers as a kid but fell for the video game meme and never learned a thing
>all those wasted years

fuck, i could have been a reverse engineering god by now

kek you will have to hold your bodily fluids then because I'm out of stuff to post.

Same boat user, but I am learning the stuff right now.

>Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
>both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings

O-Onegai. . .

>tfwiktf

On older thinkpads you could, but newer hardware you can't… I'm gonna ask on their IRC right now because that is a good question.

I've read is because some BIOS are write protected. But I want' to know which ones so I can skip the all "flash from external devices" thing. But I just want enough documentation to flash my t500 with my odroid, or alternatively have enough luck to libreboot with freedos (or flashrom?).

Ok, it's what I figured. Parts of the flash chip are protected on the OS. Tehnically you could install some kind of custom bios from an OS, but you'd be stuck with part of the ME engine and a block of propreitary boot code. Using external hardware bypasses these registers.

I would consult #libreboot on freenode. Only very very old Thinkpads can be flashed from the OS only, and the odroid doesn't have any documentation relating to libreboot. However, as I said, if you can enable SPI access on that device, it's very possible. I used a Beaglebone Black, and the process was very simple (I just had to use an outdated BBB firmware image).

I am reading it doesn't support hardware SPI but "GPIO-based bitbanging SPI Master", do you say I can trust this? odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c2_dotmatrix

Also in a test mentions that while "is set to 500 KHz, it is actually operating at 390KHz". How can I reliable determine this or can I trust a slight change won't fry the motherboard?

I'm uncertain, I'm far fron an expert on this subject. Like I said, your best bet is to ask the IRC.

Another user, but just reading I got what you said

>Since the C2 doesn't support Hardware SPI. This Example is using the GPIO-based bitbanging SPI Master.
In this case, the maximum clock is about 390KHz.

Then
>Set to 500 KHz, but it is actually operating at 390KHz.

Previously says "maximum clock" so. . .

Another user, but just reading I got what you said

>Since the C2 doesn't support Hardware SPI. This Example is using the GPIO-based bitbanging SPI Master.
>In this case, the maximum clock is about 390KHz.

Then
>Set to 500 KHz, but it is actually operating at 390KHz.

Previously says "maximum clock" so. . .

Thanks guys, I am one step closer to libreboot.

two games that will teach you assembly:
zachtronics.com/tis-100/
zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

i'm reading the unix programming environment and they are able to octal dump a directory and view its data, but i can't. it says __ is a directory. is there a way to work around this and see its contents?

read assembly language step by step but know that the tools it recommends are outdated and if you're on a 64 bit machine you have to do things slightly different

I wanted to get the kit too but it's kinda expensive, I wonder if the chink ones are good enough, those have more affordable prices.
It would be nice if someone who already owns one of them wrote a review about it.

Related.

"The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time is now."

An apt quote for those feeling as if they squandered earlier years, it's never too late to start learning RE or any other security field.

that is confusing as fuck

It's from 2006 after all, but right now I don't have a better infographic.

>AOC
I wanted to get one of those screens, is it good? the price looks good at least, but I'm worried about pixels dying early and bad colors.
I will use it a lot, like 18 hours or even 24 hours a day depending on what I need to do.

Just fucking use the x86 ref like a normal human

Those games will only teach you the very basic syntax of assembly and introductory concepts of registers. It will teach you nothing about memory management, which is 80% of what you end up doing in assembly.

Honestly, they're games for people who already know assembly and want to dick around with puzzles. Glossing over an online tutorial (or god forbid, a Wikihow page) for a few seconds will teach you more about asm than these games will.

I got that display at a church sale for $5. It's in perfect condition, but it's just a common TN panel with only a few inputs, and it's silly about lining the image up with the panel sometimes. Colors are eh, view angles are eh, but if you can get it for a good price it ain't bad. I only use it for a home server head, I don't think I've ever actually used it with a UI.

>claims he does security
>Isn't even at defcon right now
Pathetic

defcon is for corporate faggots

>tfw the hack works and you're in

I have a detailed Libreboot guide for the X200 if you want to add it to the OP or anywhere else

Wrong that's black hat
Defcon is for skids and CTF gods

Yes please

Tried to make it as beginner friendly and exhaustive as possible. Mail or reply if you find inaccuracies and will fix

nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Libreboot-Installation-X200/

>claims he does security
>is posting on a CIA funded honeypot

(not him) i got one and i think they're pretty decent for the price.

also sorry the potato quality but that's the best i can deliver

>ZDGGV
What did user mean by this?

hi im a brainlet with little time for freetardation
is there a nice goowie that quickly creates openvpn server/client configs, certificates and keys?

we're back! :D

Where are malware creators storing stolen data?

Every time when they transfer doc/pdf/jpg it must be stored somewhere with ip address how it happens that those severs are not seized/turned off immediately.

How they manage to stay anonymous when you can see where is data transfered with wireshark?

cute kot

Very complete guide. Do you have one for other models and with other SBCs?

There's no guarantee that the destination IP is where the data is actually stored. It would be extremely simple for a malware creator to set up a server that receives data and only forwards this data to their undisclosed server. Even if the public-facing server was raided, they would still have the data.

Thanks, hope this helps since I know I struggled finding extensive guides when I got around to flashing

unfortunately I don't have any knowledge on the process for other SBCs since I was only doing this for a personal device with what I had.

If you or someone else have tips for other SBCs (or anything else) I can always add them to the bottom of the guide.

ok wtf.. there's no way this is really you.. if it is mr. assange.. just.. woah i dont even know what to say

can someone explain this in simple English please, so far it looks like you guys just want much more privacy on the internet? and what's with all the electronics and cryptography? looks kind've cringey, since i don't see its strict relevance in hacking + protecting yourself. Also looks a bit ott to what extents you use to protect yourselves?

cyber security is an entire, look it up
we have generals for code monkeys and webdevs, so why not a general for the fastest growing sector of computing?

If you are against privacy then give your credit card number, email, passwords, etc etc.

If you don't, FUCK OFF.

You are an obvious bait and this fucking propaganda against privacy HAS TO STOP.

bapadoopa diggely-doo
change this faggot into poo

it's the cheapest 1080p with HDMI that I can get on ebay, for less than 100 usd at least.

looks great, thanks.

I just found the cyberpunk bit hard to understand, but it seems everything to do with security is shoved into this one very general place. I'm for privacy but these guys just seem pretty aggressive about it. I like the look of this though. Good learning materials i guess.

How do we keep the internet free when all governments agree to whitelist sites and protocols?

VPN, tor would be rendered useless.

I've decided that my life goal is to defend the free internet from governments, and to a lesser degree from corporations.

The internet is going to fall in the name of feelings.
Not under my watch.

Government use politics, and politics is power. Sooner or later all people have to get into politics, or politics will get you.

convince people who care about preserving the internet to actually clean themselves up and run for office, instead of eternally bitching about it online

I was expecting a more technical answer, something like mesh networks.

I fear complete internet censorship us inevitable at this point.

The powers that be are feeding the "hate speech" narrative with this purpose.

As for politics, I believe in personal freedom. I also believe in science, including eugenics.

I appreciate this thread!

>forty-six (46) years old
>looks as though death is on his doorstep
why do white people age so terribly?

defcon is /cyb/

Who's partying tonight?

Even forming mesh networks requires social interaction. Why is there no commitment to form local mesh networks then? I am sorry but I refuse to let my answer be a simple braingasm or whatever luddite behaviour foster.

Yes, you can try to make a mesh network, shill hard certain software in the forums, incentive kickstarters about specific hardware, or at least modified routers.

At the end politics will have the power to take all that away, and you let it.

Try being exiled for years in a tiny embassy building because you *know* the eternal fucking Anglos won't give you a fair trial. You'd age terribly, too.

>is cooped up in some cramped embassy without access to sunlight or his family
>probably has eaten the same shit for years
>constantly working to publish government files in order to weed out the corrupt politicians
>get labeled a terrorist by old neocons, and it's believed by boomers and other naive fucks
>regularly have death threats made against you by said neocons (and know they mean it)
>normies still think you are a rapist from the fake Swede allegations
>know the moment you walk outside you will be tackled by a small army of bongs
>know you will then tragically commit suicide while in custody
being Assange is suffering

It's simple, a separate internet needs to be born, something that's decentralized and self-hosted, with relays through all the territory worldwide.
For example, anons could host their own relay on a mini pc 24/7, that could act as server and access point too, which connects other anons to other relays, similar to the way TOR works, actually imagine it like TOR but without access to the clearnet.
This network would run entirely on wi-fi so the speed would be unlimited, as long as all the relays on the way from sender and receiver aren't capped, any PCI-E wi-fi card can easily pull 200 mb/s for example, each user's speed would then be affected only by the number of users using the network and by the distance delay/lag.
For overseas communication, there're floats that can be used to host the relays and servers, which would be powered by the energy generated from the motion of waves or solar energy, or both.
This is what I believe will be a cool solution to live freely even in times of oppression, however, it's not gonna be cheap and needs a lot of volunteers who would be willing to spend time and money to create these floats, otherwise communications will be limited to land where it's more easy to self-host.

Conventional wi-fi naturally doesn't have much coverage, but hosts can always get amplifiers or even use wimax antennas and repeaters.

Has any other ethinics groups in the history of mankind caused more harm to the world at large than Britbongs?

just (((one)))

not even from Sup Forums, but The Jews come to mind. After all, they snitched on Jesus Christ and had him arrested.

>I was expecting a more technical answer
And that is a problem.

You can find technical solutions for technical problems and this works well. Technical solutions for human/social/non-technical problems do not work that well. A mesh network might help communications but will not go anywhere near solving the root problem.

Oh mine isn't 1080p, it's 900p. I'm away from home, couldn't tell you the model number.

>the jews rat out a prophet to the cross for saying bad things about a group of kleptocratic rabbis
>spawns a branch of abrahamic religion that'll stifle Europe for a thousand years and cockblock technological development in america another thousand years later
>britbongs then turn around and give those assholes a nation state to call their own and legitimize their agendas
partners in crime, really.

Politics are fucked.
Just like the western culture.
This is borderline Sup Forums, but once whites are a minority, politics and the internet will go to the sewer.

Whites are a global minority tho.

Israel and zionists are creating a mess in the middle east, and zome big names in industry are from a jewish oligarchy, but arguing all jews are only distorts the problem and splits opinion. This is exactly what benefits these oligarchs, to divide and conquer. While we should be naming one by one the roots of our problem we just end up saying "the jews". Like, give spefic names, some of the bastards are atheists cunts, other fervent evangelists.

I do agree some jews are part of the problem, but when you imply all jews are the problem, then you are helping the problem.