Why do my expensive "gaming" mice tend to break every 2 or 3 years at least (double clicking when I only clicked once...

Why do my expensive "gaming" mice tend to break every 2 or 3 years at least (double clicking when I only clicked once and before that scroll wheel not working to give examples of the most recent problems) but my shitty cheap keyboard has lasted a decade now?

because "gaming" hardware is a joke at the expensive of anyone dumb enough to buy it

To clarify, I don't get anything that's actually branded as gaming, but stuff like Logitech which is usually recommended for gamers. I don't actually game much but I like having more buttons.

>pic
I seriously hope none of you do this

If you've got a better way of cleaning a PSU, I'd like to hear it.

Never had this problem.

Take it apart and use compressed air.
Water will ruin the fan bearings.

Now plug it in, user.

youre some retarded phone keyboard poster

My cheap chink mouse doesn't even last for half year.

>cheap keyboard has lasted a decade now
While OMRON switches offer 20 million clicks and 5 million key presses for the common membrane keyboard, I'm sure you don't press the same key as often as mouse.

because "gaming" actually means worse

>HDD in my prebuilt PC bought in 2008 has been on 30,000 hours and still works
>HDD in my first build dies after 3,000 hours
what did they mean by this?

>Own the same mice for 5 years
>Start double clicking
>Greedy bastard
>Open mouse, fix it
>Works for another 3 years
>Double clicking again
>Open and fix it

What's your excuse, you fat-fingered OP? Do you like throwing away money?

I have a razer death adder I have abused since like January 2012.

once broke the scroll wheel, opened it and fixed it in like 3min cause it was just a bent plastic bit. screws were under slide pads and just superglued pads back on.

Don't call me fat-fingered just because I use a special typing wand. I actually do try to fix things but often it's not very effective and I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. It's just annoying spending so much and having things still break.

Spent less and it break sooner.

Ususally gaymer hardware will break, unless you have a g600 of course, had this for about 4 years and it feels just like i got it brand new

Open it, remove fan, brake cleaner on psu, compressed air on fan, reassemble

I had the same cheap $10 mouse for about 7 years before use had literally worn a trench into the plastic button presser and it wouldn't press the little internal button anymore. The problem is all this RGB faggotry that necessitates shoving fucking ARM processors into the god damn mice and keyboards.

Because Omron figured out how to make mechanical switches that die after exactly 3 or 4 years in a mouse. Which is why everyone uses their shit.

There are a ton of mouse repair videos on YouTube if you wanna try to fix it. It's pretty basic bitch repair work.

Buy a mouse with optical switches since they never go bad due to switch wear. Check out the ones from Bloody.

Every gaming mouse I owned broke after months. First one was wireless and stopped working one day. Second one had a broken left click and the third one a broken right click.

I've been using the same Logitech G500 for like 5 years.

Because you're buying razer and steelseries. steelseries is owned by msi, and razer designs their products to fail after a certain period.

Because its not the mice but how you using it
I had the G11 Logitech keyboard for more than 10 years now
When my friends buy something i have bought it usually breaks in a year or so just because they abuse it, literally

>double clicking when i only clicked once
>open mouse
>bend springs under buttons
>reassemble
>new mouse

been doing this to my cheap chinese made mouse that cost $5 (bought in China). works like a charm.

>Logitech
>I don't get anything that's actually branded as gaming

wew ,':^) lad

Just fix it then, you have 0 excuses with the amount of tutorials and documentation present

Hard drives are finnicky and it doesn't matter if you get it in a prebuilt or a custom built, they're all ticking time bombs waiting to stop working.

DPI doesn't matter. Comfort and reliability are the only things that matter. I've never used a gaming mouse that satisfies both of these, but I've used plenty of random cheap mice that do.
The best mouse I ever owned was shaped like a car and cost less than $15. I would throw my Razer off a cliff to get it back.

i always used cheapo bargain bin office mice and only switched to a 'gaming' one recently
it's way better and the sensor difference is very noticable
i like it

replace it, don't mess with psu's

>tfw its needed a few repairs but my G400 is still working 6 years on

Open it up and use an air compressor

Because you touch yourself at night

>tfw bought $5 mice 12 years ago
>tfw it still works

>Logitech
>gamer shit
Refrain from posting.

It's called planned obsolescence. My Logitech G9 broke after the cable got loose eventually. On the internet I could find people who had the same problem. So I guess it was planned by the engineers to break like this eventually.

I've had a logitech g700s for over 4 years and the only issue is that the hyper-scroll toggle button is a little finicky. Maybe you just buy from shit brands?

I have a razer deathadder in black that I bought in 2011. I drop the fucking thing constantly and I get that rush of "welp RIP time to start shopping" but the thing keeps working.
I know nothing about razer so I don't know if their quality has gone downhill, but if not, that's what I recommend (use their legacy drivers, not their new cloud based bullshit).

my dad bought this for his laptop it sucked

kek, my friend had one of these

Funny thing is that his rank on CS:GO was higher than mine.

lasted 2 years so far. aluminium is a meme because its always painted and that paint wears off eventually

Same honestly, I got my Deathadder and Deathstalker keyboard in 2012, and 5 years later they both work fantastic. Except my keyboards F9 and right ALT key have stopped working. I'll replace soon.

That's why I got this thing, every mouse I ever had dies from that. This fucker let's you pull out the switch. No soldering needed.