why do these retards still exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.blog/2017/06/15/developers-use-spaces-make-money-use-tabs/
youtube.com/watch?v=BjDiDpvOsFg
strawpoll.me/13568346
youtube.com/watch?v=CCwxxO-Nc5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their sole purpose in life is to annoy you

This, just reject the commit, and, if you're not in charge of accepting the commits, why the fuck do you care?

>he doesn't have an editor that can seamlessly translate between whitespace styles and save in the original format

It's like you just want to be a retard or something

Why don't you just search and replace 4 spaces for tabs?

Spaces masterace reporting in.

>willfully cluttering your files with extra unnecessary characters
>2017

shiggy.

this

code isn't text you dumb nigger

stackoverflow.blog/2017/06/15/developers-use-spaces-make-money-use-tabs/

tabfags on suicide watch

>correlation is causation
get the fuck out of here fagget

>he doesn't know the difference between correlation and causation

Why don't you people use editors that insert spaces for tabs so it seems that you interact in tabs while in truth multiple spaces are placed and removed? Both sides are happy in the end.

Any editor that's capable of doing this is also capable of transparently switching between formats on load and save, allowing the programmer to use their personal preference without imposing it on anyone else in any way.

No. Not that thread again.

DELET THIS

>spacefags don't know what correlation and causation are and that they're not the same thing
>have to resort to Sup Forums memes

8.6% HIGHER EARNINGS
%

H
I
G
H
E
R

E
A
R
N
I
N
G
S

the more autistic and disfunctional you are, the less of a life you have, and the more you spend working, so you earn a bit more than the non-autistic people

Be glad. It will be the same in every editor.

shooo alien

i dont understand what difference it makes. tell me which one of these I used a tab on and which one i used space for.
a a
a a

or do you mean string formatting?

If only someone scientifically proved this hypothesis...

Oh yeah? I've got people committing trailing white space. It's very annoying and fucks up my diffs because my code editor automatically strips white space.

You can't reject if they commit directly to origin/master. Have you ever worked in small projects with just a handful of people?

It matters if the entire project is using 4 spaces and some smartass decides to use tabs.

Will fuck up / cause unnecessary commits

>meet qt programmer grill (female)
>find out she uses spaces

The issue is text editors that configure how much space a "tab" is equal to. It's super simple to fix any code to exactly the way you like it by just changing the tab width, but when everything is spaces you're fucked and can't change it.

It's a complete fucking non-issue though because most text editors also have a "convert spaces to tabs" and "convert tabs to spaces" functionality in them.

>her face when I sperg out

wtf did she expect though? a man has his limits

Vim does this. I'm pretty sure all editors do this, treat indentation in blocks if spaces

>Not having an IDE which converts tabs keystrokes to spaces
You people are seriously retarded

>IDE
Any text editor does this. That's not the point though.

I note that tab users get far more mad about spaces than space users get about tabs

>use tabs
>every text editor treats tabs differently

>use spaces
>4 spaces is always 4 spaces

Most text editors can automatically convert a tab press into how ever many spaces you want, and deletes those spaces as if they were a tab anyway.

no shit, space "people" are retards, and retards are happy more often, because they're too stupid to realize how retarded they are

Small minds get upset over small things

What is continuous integration?
What is testing?
Idiot.

tfw I just don't indent. fuck yall.

>I'm a retard
>haha

hey Sup Forums, are you hardcore enough to decline pussy over programming principles?

youtube.com/watch?v=BjDiDpvOsFg

strawpoll.me/13568346

Hold the fuck on, median is under 50k? What the actual fuck kind of dev is this? Is it possible I don't know how good I have it?

you're just an americlap so you've got a higher salary to compensate for the risk of getting shot by a negro randomly or getting killed by cops or no healthcare or w/e

>he doesn't convert one tab into 4 spaces
are you retarded on purpose?

Every time I see a thread like this I just imagine someone coding in python just slamming the spacebar like a machinegun in his cubicle. I like tabs. Just 3 levels down you have to slam it 12 times or what have you. Do it quick and ratatatatatatatata

>What is continuous integration?
>What is testing?
>Idiot.

What the fuck are you doing, writing unit tests for fucking whitespace?

>Python
lmao

Also after posting this I realized IDEs auto-indent, so no need to pelt the spacebar. But I want to believe there is some guy writing code in notepad doing just that.

spaces > tabs

>that hipster fuck that writes everything in vi or emacs

Basically the same as notepad.exe.

>You
lmao

don't editors convert tabs to spaces?

mine does

If you had a job you would know this is standard. First you define your syntax style for the project and reformat commits automatically. You guys are discussing problems that were solved years ago. But of course you don't know since you are a NEET

Indeed they do, which confuses me even more. You can even set the number of spaces tab converts to. Therefore it does not matter if you press tab or space, the end result is the same. I guess some people just like spacebar in an intimate way.

>after a date they go home and write code
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

they have jobs

>unit testing fucking whitespace

That's the most retarded, anal thing I've ever heard of in my entire life.

MFW someone submits code with spaces and it's not properly indented

I use spaces for real development (C/C++)
Tabs for webdev languages like PHP and JS.

this is retarded. just use tabs

Hard tabs are for fucking losers. Post code. I bet it's JS.

>You can't reject if they commit directly to origin/master. Have you ever worked in small projects with just a handful of people?
Really? This is cruel.

>mfw someone puts a tab somewhere in the yaml file

Look it up if you don't believe me. And I didn't say unit testing white space, I said syntax checking and making optimizations on commits automatically

If you give everybody push rights to the master branch then you're fucking retarded and I would fire the lot of you.

Nobody here is professional. These people probably have fucked up propagation paths. And its not unit testing for whitespace... that proves all the numales using python.
>Not using stylecop, checkstyle, linting, etc.

I realise this makes me seem wildly autistic, but when I rewatched SV I noticed that in the pic related scene where Dinesh and Gilfoyle have told Richard they're staying with Pied Piper despite him leaving in protest, they have his code up on the projector and it clearly uses 2 space indents.

>what are adjustable tab stops

tabfags on suicide watch

>the group of space users with larger salaries are all management people who don't actually do any coding and call everything a "space"

> its a non issue because editors worked around the issue

pretty much every text editor in existence lets you set how many spaces are equivalent to a tab, and they let you replace tabs with whitespace.

>not being able to mix and match spaces and tabs
fucking scriptkiddie
learn a real laguage for once or consider the rope

>proofed wrong
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh correlation and c-c-c-c-c-causatioooooooooooooooooooon
niggers

>the group of space users are non shit devs who don't make shitty salary

>uses spaces instead of tabs
My code - my rules, so fukof, dude.

I have some mild OCD and a minor obsession with the number 4. So I really need to do four spaces otherwise feel really wrong and uncomfortable until I manage to forget it.
Until I get randomly reminded, then I'll open up the project in the middle of the night and make it spaces.

>programmer grill (female)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My employer requires me to use two spaces instead of tabs. It's retarded but I manage

Why would anyone press a button 2, 3 or 4 times instead of 1 time to get the same result? Especially when it's something that's used so often...
That's so inefficient and pointless.

How do you retards still exist?

nice ad hominem there brainlet
answer my question if you think you're so smart

any popular text editor or IDE has the option to automatically insert x amount of spaces when pressing tab.

and your point is?

>press a button 2, 3 or 4 times instead of 1

>clutter your file with useless spaces

Spaces are better.

You're right, gotta save those precious kb.

>2017
>still a virgin
youtube.com/watch?v=CCwxxO-Nc5I

>not setting your editor to insert 4 spaces when tab is pressed
Pleb

you're still pressing tab there buddy

Nice reading comprehension there.

Another dumb fuck who can't read. I was quoting a brainlet user.

tits or gtfo

We can read just fine you moron, it's your comprehension that's fucked up

>newfag doesn't know the rules for blue boards

sorry for ruining your safe space fag

the question is who the fuck uses both

you are the one trying to use Sup Forums as an autistic safe-haven

it's called free speech
if you're triggered by me you can get out
I can use this place however I want, just like everyone else

Tabs for indentation and spaces for aligning, I guess. That's what I do.

linux, llvm, chromium et al. all use spaces.