C was designed in the 1960s, when colonialism was still rampant, and that is reflected in the language design...

C was designed in the 1960s, when colonialism was still rampant, and that is reflected in the language design. C ignores array bounds just as the imperial powers ignored the boundaries of tribal societies. Rust can free us from syntactic oppression, and provides "safe spaces" for everyone's data regardless of their culture or previous gender.

>Rust can free us from syntactic oppression, and provides "safe spaces" for everyone's data regardless of their culture or previous gender.
Exactly, this is why it's garbage and shouldn't even be considered.
What's your point?

I hate sjws

Sorry, not all techies are racists like you.

c and html is the only language that doesn't require shills
/thread

I don't give a shit about color or whatever.
You produce good code? You're in else fuck off and don't talk to me and my wife son ever again

>c doesn't require shills
C would have been dead right after the creation of Unix if some metaprogramlets didn't constantly shill it.

>t. to smart to understand pointers and malloc()

You will never, never, never replace C

Nice bait. It looks like quite a few people took it

Doesn't overcomplicating a programming language exclude demographics of underprivileged people who could end up having awesome ideas?

Rust is basically: social justice, the language, just read the CoC. If some Rustnigger comes in telling you it's not important, ask him to take it down and see how quickly he'll deflect and get angry.

They've taken one or two old ideas from Ada, sprinkled in a linter and code analyser that most companies integrate into their C++ build system and called it "safe".

Then they go around assaulting communities and cursing programmers for writing "potentially unsafe code".

Their aim is to be the gate keepers of system programming, because they've seen the power they wield over people in other SJW take overs:

- Firefox: now with DRM and donates to feminism. Main driver of
- GitHub: cancer the community, gives Rust more facility and attention than it deserves
- systemd: a slow burn attempt to infiltrate kernel dev.

They even made an entire OS out of it, something is not right here. This isn't a language or a community, it's a cult.

Fuck Rust and spit on all its advocates.

>overcomplicating
Having control over what you're doing is considered overcomplicated?
What the fuck is wrong with code pissers nowadays...

wtf I hate C now

Being able to manage your own memory is like having your own fire arm. It's dangerous and pointless when police officers can protect you. Besides, it puts you at an advantage towards protected minorities who may not have access to memory management knowledge.

C apologists are NSA shills plain and simple. Rust makes it harder to produce vulnerable programs as it actually implements safety precautions like Bounds checking, dangling pointer prevention, data race prevention, lifetimes etc. This is against the interest of the NSA and so they are shilling C so that people continue to produce exploit prone, unsafe and vulnerable programs.

Ignore the NSA/C shills. Programming in C should be banned and outlawed.
Say no to security exploits, say no to the NSA. Your data and your privacy is worth preserving.

> wants to replace C
> doesn't understand that most languages are implemented in C at some point, atleast when you actually want to excute anything with your selected processor

C can't be replaced. It's too deeply baked into hardware and software "ecosystem" (kernels, drivers, boot systems...)

Rust is just as bad, if not worse. It pretends to enforce those rules but at the same time continues to provide a safe, or rather "unsafe" harbour for those that refuse to respect the bounds.

If I'm a char that was allocated as an int, Rust wants me to feel "unsafe" in order to express my real type, and it even enables some users to disable my right to cast myself however I want. C on the other hand accepts us for who we are, and recognises that type is a social construct and fluid.

Well this is true. However I have noticed that interest in C is slowly diminishing

C is a disservice to intelligent programmers. It has almost 0 features that a modern and intelligent programmer uses to be productive. Since C is such a timesink, it's popularity is falling more than any other languages in the market.
C is dying and it should die ASAP. C programmers are actually retards in general. C is a small language to grasp, exactly the kind of shit that makes things retard friendly.
C has no advanced features like C++ does.

But as a newfag you are kinda in the right direction. C is for newbies. Think of it this way:
During ancient times, counting to 10 was a big deal and a person who could count to 10 was considered to be "wise".

Fast forward a few century counting to 10 is so trivial we teach this to toddlers. Now toddlers appreciate the vast "knowledge" of counting to 10 while matured brains are busy with modern technologies.

C is from stone age and the people who still preach it is like overgrown toddlers that can't learn advanced things. C is for lesser programmers.
C doesn't have delegates
C doesn't have resizable arrays
C doesn't have strings
C doesn't have string concatenation
C doesn't have namespaces
C doesn't have exception handling
C doesn't have closures in the standard
C doesn't have unit tests
C doesn't have Function overloading
C doesn't have memory safety of any kind
C doesn't prevent memory exploits and has no bounds and runtime checks
C doesn't support dynamic method loading/creating
C doesn't even have generics and templates
C doesn't have meta programming
C doesn't have mixins
C doesn't have higher order functions
C doesn't have contract programming
C doesn't have inner classes
C doesn't have function literals
C doesn't have array slicing
C has a very limited support for implicit parallelism
C doesn't even have string switches

C is a cancer that plagues the modern software industry. If you want guaranteed memory exploits and security vulnerabilities in your program with timesink development period then use ASM, not C.

>2017
>C

You have been asked to print the sum of two numbers.

Normal people:
void print_sum(T)(T x, T y)
{
writeln(x + y);
}

Mentally ill C tards:
void print_sum_ints(int x, int y)
{
printf("%i", x + y);
}

void print_sum_floats(float x, float y)
{
printf("%f", x + y);
}

void print_sum_float_int(float x, int y)
{
printf("%f", x + y);
}

void print_sum_int_float(int x, float y)
{
printf("%f", x + y);
}

>If I'm a char that was allocated as an int, Rust wants me to feel "unsafe"

Sounds a bit like a bigot.

>If I'm a char that was allocated as an int
>not bytes
Why do people do this?

Yes it is but only because hardware (processor speeds, RAM sizes...) is so powerful nowadays.

You can code very high level and inefficient code (which is much cheaper) and your program can still be as fast as highly efficient program on 10 year old hardware.

Optimization isn't the number one priority anymore.

HOWEVER you can't code low level stuff (kernels, drivers, engines, boot systems...) with high level languages.

That's why C will never die. It won't be used in high level programming anymore but C will never go away from low level programming. Never.

Low level code will be written in C as long as we continue to use traditional transistor CPUs.

FYI Rust can go low level too.

Why the fuck do programming languages need a CoC?

Show me a processor microcode written in Rust. Show me a boot loader written in Rust. Show me a payload written in Rust. Show me a system driver written in Rust. Show me a graphics engine written in Rust. Show me a kernel written in Rust. Show me a instruction set written in Rust.

Try to understand this already. C can't be replaced. You're 45 years too late. Our modern hardware has been designed on top of previous innovations which have lead us to point we're now.

Try to understand that THE ONLY reason you're able to write in high level language like Rust is that someone else has already done all the leg work for you that your life is easier. And C is one of those leg works.

Your Rust code won't execute a shit without C language being part of the process.

C is here to stay. As long as we use traditional processors.

>Show me a kernel written in Rust
redox os

Hey man. I saw your post in about Rust and check your posting history... why are you so obsessed with Rust (and with Mozilla for that matter)? Not everyone, including me, who uses Rust is a degenerate lefty cuck. Looks like you want to ruin the reputation of Rust, for some reason. You realize that the Code of Conduct is only limited to the "official" Rust community, which is infested with trannies and other degenerates... right? Rust itself is just a language, that's it. And besides of the SJW commuity Rust is great, much better than C and C++.

I'm interested in your response :))

what

> redox os
> kernel

The future truly seems to be so bright we don't need eyes to see anymore.

An OS has a kernel, idiot

itt: everyone shitposts about C while using browsers and operating systems written in C.
(Or C++ but it's just C with upgrades).

C was a mistake. Bring back ML

Are you pretending to be retarded?

This. It will probably take another 10 years before mainstream programming culture finally accepts that ML is superior. Until then they're just going to keep ripping features from ML and bolting them onto object oriented monstrosities.

>overcomplicating
Have you looked at rust? They're trying to make something more complicated than C++

>It's dangerous and pointless when police officers can protect you.
Not when they take half an hour to reach my house.

What happens if I write
print_sum(1, 2.f);

Is T a genderfluid type in between int and float? Retard.

Why did you think it'd be any different, dumbshit?

import std.stdio;

void main(string[] args)
{
print_sum(1, 23.1f);
}

void print_sum(T, U)(T x, U y)
{
writeln(x + y);
}

triggered """""""programmer"""""""

we talked about this in a class of mine because some dumb cunt author wrote an essay about this, and the prof was chimping because none of us agreed with him or the idiot author

kill yourself

C was designed in the 1960s, when mathematics education was still rampant, and that is reflected in the language design. C ignores those who cannot penetrate it's intellectual boundaries just as the imperial powers ignored the boundaries of tribal societies. Rust has given into those who will never free us from it's own form of insidious syntactic oppression, and coddles the fearful with "safe spaces" for everyone's data regardless of whether they learn mathematics, or how to convince people they have a previous gender.

You're the actual bigot, bigot.

>muh politics
fuck off

>Low level code will be written in C as long as we continue to use traditional transistor CPUs.
Actually, C will continue to live as long as we use CPUs that follow the Turing machine computation model.

Which is forever from the looks of it.

void print_sum(T, U)(T x, T y)
{
writeln(x + y);
}