The RAM in my PC build is the most expensive part, even more expensive than the CPU and GPU

>The RAM in my PC build is the most expensive part, even more expensive than the CPU and GPU
Will the prices ever come down or are we fucked?

is this a ram with a built in flux capacitor or what

>tfw using ddr2 ecc memory and can get 45$
smug-anime-girl.png

Stop buying gold-plated ram, you retarded nigger.

>mfw still using the 2x4G kit I bought in 2011

Nope, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz but I'm pairing it with a R3 1200 and a RX460 because I'm going to upgrade them later so I need solid components elsewhere

I always wondered what these little 'gamers' were thinking when they got 32GB ram. Did they think their games would load fast or something? To show off? I mean I know they don't actually do anything productive.

Its to show off. 32 GB of ram makes you seem rich. But also stupid.

>But also stupid
Well not necessarily.
I can see 32GB being utilized if they wanted a 16GB ram disk or something( at which point, just use an m.2 or something if you need that much space for cache)

Someone running multiple VM's will probably have a server setup. Not even your typical Sup Forumsuser does that.

So really, that just leaves 3D artists, video editors and game developers that need large amounts of ram.

I have 32gb of ram. Mostly use it for ramdisk. I also have my pagefile completely disabled. Fuck paging.

I was specifically talking about gaymers who use that much ram.

>He bought le gaymur ram
Why would you ever do this?

What the fuck are you talking about, what would non gamer RAM be if Corsair Vengeance LPX apparently classifies?

Obvious troll is obvious. Only dumbasses disable their paging file. You're supposed to go into C:\Windows and delete it or it starts during boot.

Some games, such as X-Plane 11, will gladly eat through over 16GB of ram all on their own.

Op is right, even old ass ddr3 2400mhz is expansive today, prices never come down. That's some major bullshit, even in second hands its hard to find good deals.

So, you're paying an extra $300 because you're impatient and don't want to wait the extra month to save up for components you'll ultimately get?

>Extra month
Try extra year, I'm not going to upgrade until at least Zen 2 is released

>have literally hundreds of thousands of ram sticks in stock
>still raising the price instead of lowering it
it's like they enjoy wasting storage space on this shit

but really retailers realized they could charge whatever the fuck they want, and it'll still sell because of autistic morons

Most games use up alot of ram if there is alot of ram available. Most games will run perfectly fine at 4gb ram.

You'll need a new Mobo anyways or better ones will come out by then.

Just get moderate speed RAM and a 1080 r5

I have 8, even when taskmanager says 50+% free windows starts to choke and swap due to some games being memory hogs and MUH VIRTUAL MEMORY. bonus points when a shit game crashing due to memory and it takes half your other programs with it.

I assume I'm being trolled, but why would you do it that way instead of disabling it?

>stupid
not if you actually use it
wish I didn't fall for the 32GB of ram is enough meme. And that swap is on a 2GBps ssd array which is still balls

No, AM4 will be supported for at least 2 years, if not 4 or more. I don't care about having the state of the art stuff, as long as it does what I expect it to do.

What is wrong with your font and its kerning?

fuck im so glad i built my skylake last year.ddr4 ram prices have more than doubled, ridiculous

Jesus Christ that keming gave me an aneurysm.