/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask your stupid questions ITT.

Please take few seconds to Google it before asking and read the sticky first.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxbabe.com/desktop-linux/compile-notepadqq-debian-ubuntu-raspbian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I calculate cost per minute.
For example, I want to charge $0.7 per minute for 2 minutes and 54 seconds, how do I calculate this?

Is it just 0.7 * 2.54

I should have over a thousand peers on my i2p XOfR router.

Why do I only have 10?

What's the best website and/or book to learn about Linux commands?

Is kik botnet?

.7*(2+54/60)

Is it safe to install i3 alongside xfce? I'm currently using Xubuntu and I want to try i3. Should I install it or it will mess up some config files etc?

I'm looking for a cheap motherboard I can use PCIE and 2 Opterons + DDR2 ECC. The current cheapest one I found is 75$. Any suggestions?

Who invented programming?

Why can't I properly boot windows with the Rufus USB? I remade without quick format and it's still not working.

Which ISO are you using?

If I encrypt my android phone will it affect things like listening to music while the device is locked? Is encrypting it worth at all?

How are you trying to boot to your USB?

I'm not sure if explained well, but I want the total cost.

en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso

Which is the better budget TV: Samsung UN55KU6300 or TCL 55P607?

Im trying to make a tp link tl-wn722n usb wifi adapter work on a w7 guest on virtualbox but no matter what I do I keep getting code 10 errors. This is not the first time I use usb passthrough so I don't know what im doing wrong, googling the adapter name + virtualbox gives results of people complaining of similar problems. Any help? VB Extension Pack is installed, filters are correctly set, drivers on the guest are properly installed.

wtf is happening here Sup Forums?

My pi locks up randomly about daily. This time I happened to be using it and it spat all this at me before hanging.

(I know I created a new thread on this, was meant to reply to this thread first time).

There was this guy who made a mechanical calculator or something in the 1800s. Maybe him.

second this

So my computer is constantly giving me the Windows "new device connected/disconnected" and i have no idea what is causing it.

I only have mouse/keyboard and an external drive connected via USB and they all work perfectly fine.

Device manager gives me a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" which doesn't tell me anything.

Is there some filter or go-through that actually makes Youtube a usable platform instead of something that recommends a bunch of annoying shit?

What's a good taskbar to use for Gnome?
Something at the bottom which shows all the current running programs.

Which compiler is best for C++ and why?

Can someone confirm if I understand this correctly? A naked pointer is any pointer that isn't a smart pointer and has to be manually deleted using "delete". Smart pointers are preferred over naked pointers because when they no longer point to the memory, it will automatically delete itself?

If this is true, is there ever a time where you would be using naked pointers over smart pointers?

I have tried mounting Centos 7 using fedora live usb whatever. When its done and I try installing it on my laptop it keeps taking me to a screen that says Unknown Keyword in configuration file. Any ideas?

If I decide to create my own website, is there a way to hide my personal info (address, phone number...) from any whois?

put in fake info

IDE's in Linux that have their own consoles?
Something similar to Notepad++.

Notepadqq is basically Notepad++ for Linux. Not sure if it has what you're talking about though.

Why can't I get OneeChan to use Terminus font? It just uses a fallback font.

>registrar doesn't offer a private registration service
>2017
Shiggy.

micrUSB is a shitty power connector and phone chargers don't even care about regulation at the far end of their cables. Try a better PSU.

0.7*2
+
0.7*((60/100)*54)

Maybe this way, im tired

Any hubs in the mix?
Is the external drive getting enough power?

mpv

if you want to see programs that don't have windows, use top or something

that does

>PPA repo is 404'ing
Well fuck

So yesterday I tried installing linux mint on my laptop, and I decided to switch to Zorian. During the install for Zorian I get stuck like this and it does not change, any ideas on how I could make it install properly?

bump

IF MS is planning to remove Pain from Win10, what other software Im supposed to use?

Of course, I can simply not update at all (I didnt run any update since more than two months on my Edu) but it still annoying to find updates removing software. Especially since Paint was perfect for small modifications like cutting out parts of pictures, screenshoots and so on. Gimp is huge and not working as fast and I dont see the reason why I should use Swiss Army Knife when I only need to cut some bread.

How do I make the home folders for different users on my server private? Is it enough to change everyone's home folder's permissions to 750? 700? What's the best practice here?

Just compile from source.

am i a dumbass for swapping from CS to IT/security major in college in terms of career outlook?

are there any chaturbate archives other than upstore?

It will mess up nothing.
If you already have a nice graphical login screen (i.e. have a session manager installed), it will justt add a new option to the list of sessions to choose from.
If you uninstall it again, it may leave behind config files in your home directory, which do nothing and can safely be deleted or left there.

What's the best VPS I can get for $30/year?

fuck yes, youre on the same level as a retard

>mpv
Seems to just be a drag & drop video player and not a site browsing tool of any description.

Konrad Zuse.

Getting problems with it.
First installed QT5, now it's asking for lrelease?

me tbqh

Paint3D

How do I figure out what driver I need for my ethernet controller if I have no internet and my laptop is a no-name?

I remember using a site before where you plug in certain manufacturing codes and it figures it out.

Wilhelm Schickard

Kimsufi
Online.net are a bunch of overselling surrender frogs, and G-d help you if you have to talk to any of them. Their English is terrible and they drink at work on top of that. I fucking hate the French so goddamn much.

Hold on.

If 54 is the seconds, then why are you adding 2?

What's the problem? You're bypassing your package manager, so dependencies aren't installed automatically, so you need to install them manually. Install any stuff it bitches about until it works.

time4vps.eu probably. Their servers are located in Europe (Estland I think) though.

Two minutes plus (54/60) minutes, right?

>remove pain from windows 10
not bloody likely, kek

exactly

>drink at work

Did some more tests and the adapter works perfectly on Ubuntu. So it doesnt seem to be a host problem, any help?

last bump

They're not removing it. It will still be installable from their store thingy. It just won't be preinstalled any more.

Meant for

It's two minutes and 54 seconds at a rate of $0.7 per minute.

So it should be 60/( ([minutes]*60) + [seconds] )
Then multiply all that by 0.7

[spoiler]right?[/spoiler]

how do i figure out what's stopping my gpu from idling?

Okay I managed to build it using make.
What do I do now? How do I run it/get it running in Bash?

you can probably start it by typing 'notepadqq' in your terminal

cock box. though they are sold out right now box.cock.li

Nah, command not found.

Best portable program to add and edit ISOs for Windows?

linuxbabe.com/desktop-linux/compile-notepadqq-debian-ubuntu-raspbian

Did you do 'make install'?
If not, it can't work.

>Any hubs in the mix?
>Is the external drive getting enough power?
Bit of a late reply but I figured out what was causing it.

Some dirt, dust of other debris must have made one of the empty USB ports short circuit or something like that which caused Windows to think something was constantly being plugged/unplugged.

After cleaning it it finally stopped.

should be time*value, not value*time
should be 0.7*(((2*60)+54)/60) ($2.03)

if you're unsure if what you've come up with is right, you can always ask wolframalpha with fairly plain english

Where is a trust worthy place to get Internet download manager, for free, if you will?

or probably better;
0.7*(2+(54/60))

Das it. Thanks fammy

Guys should I update Windows or install drivers first after doing a fresh install of Windows?

you seem like a vlc kinda guy

probably better to install updates first, both so;
a. windows update drivers don't clobber the drivers you install
b. to avoid issues with drivers that expect an up to date system

how can I get a large widget-style clock and weather to put up on my second monitor? windows 8.1 doesn't have it. I want to avoid spyware bloated bullshit if possible.

Are all modem/router combos bad as the TG862 botnet one?
My ISP might give me a different one.

You might like something called Rainmeter. Years ago it was popular for ricing Windows. It gained a bad reputation for the very cheesy desktops that people made it, but it's a good program.

with Samsung magician on a seperate drive running windows, can I manage another drive running linux or will it fuck something up

why is bundled software still a thing?

>why is bundled software still a thing?
Because jews are still a thing.

does someone know what these strange folders are?

Adware folders created by malware.
Run Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.

that is inside of the folders
cant access the textfile

Most efficient file compression method? I'm assuming lzma

Pretty much about to kill my retarded self for not being able to pair and connect my bluetooth headset to my desktop in Void Linux. Been going to the same sites trying to figure this out. Should I just install WIndows 10?

I'm trying to set up a vpn gateway on a remote private server. They host a turnkey linux openvpn image. So i'm using that.

the vps ip is xxx.xxx.118.104
gateway ip is xxx.xxx.118.1

I point the address clients connect to as xxx.xxx.118.104. then there's a step to set up the subnet. default subnet is 10.193.113.0/24. Right now the clients time out. How can I set this up to route clients through it?

so apparently installing mozilla and chromium together makes windows 8 have this weird taskbar and left click glitch.

what browser can i use to install tampermonkey and adblock to? i want to be able to use 4chin and not end up clearing cache all the time when i get b&

Use chmod g-rwx,o-rwx
If you use 700 you will make everything executable.
Well, I think it is o for other, not owner. Sometimes I get confuse so you might want to check the man page.

Is that the temp folder or program files?

it is in c:/

Felt pretty good about getting the installer to recognize my nvme drive, getting wifi and sound to work, etc. But this? What the fuck man

I remember once seeing an user post a link to various MS ISOs, anyone know what link that was? It was a direct http or ftp site, had links for W7, W8.1 and the various versions of W10.

>using void
>too retarded to set up bluetooth

both didnt find anything
i just deleted the folders but i guess i am still spied?

Can you install Ubuntu on an ARM based Android tablet?