/w4v/ - Daily Wait for Vega Thread - The Final Countdown

Hi all,

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

Last time: Tonight is the night where it all ends. Gentlemen, it's been an honor collectively waiting with you. Live long and prosper.

The latest:
gaming.radeon.com/en-us/signed-radeon-rx-vega/
videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-radeon-rx-64-series-pictured
videocardz.com/newz/msi-radeon-rx-vega-64-pictured
videocardz.com/71417/amd-radeon-holocube-will-not-be-shipping-with-radeon-rx-vega-in-august
videocardz.com/71399/amd-releases-official-pictures-of-radeon-rx-vega-64
videocardz.com/71393/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-rumored-pricing-and-clocks
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/carl/amd-teases-radeon-rx-vega-exclusively-with-linus-press-unhappy/
youtube.com/watch?v=twkZz5WyVJs (sorry suckers, no Holocube for you)
videocardz.com/71339/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-limited-edition-and-liquid-edition-launch-gallery
videocardz.com/71334/amd-showcases-radeon-holocube-and-rx-vega-64-le
videocardz.com/71325/first-amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-limited-edition-shown
gaming.radeon.com/en-us/vega-freesync-budapest/
videocardz.com/71292/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-official-pictures-leaked
videocardz.com/71280/amd-vega-10-vega-11-vega-12-and-vega-20-confirmed-by-eec
videocardz.com/71246/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-coming-in-two-variants

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/71430/amd-announces-radeon-rx-vega-64-series
twitter.com/hardwarecanucks/status/891467348187766784
smallformfactor.net/news/exclusive-fleeting-glance-vega-nano
youtube.com/watch?v=Su418ixxZZs&index=3&list=LLGmb0CwvsaZxzs7KBHRguxg&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=uxVzDQtHzqo
anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/3
pscp.tv/OptimistechR/1DXxyOnkQQbGM
pscp.tv/OptimistechR/1djGXLmbXaNGZ?
translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=https://www.golem.de/news/id-software-wolfenstein-2-unterstuetzt-fp16-und-vulkan-1707-129201.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

india superpower 2020

First for team brown
Surely it will not be a flop

i dont even need it but i have an urge to buy a vega. why am i such a consumerist whore?

Uhoh looks like the numbers are confirmed: videocardz.com/71430/amd-announces-radeon-rx-vega-64-series

Vega confirmed to cost $1200 just like all the endless retarded anti-AMD shitposters said. Thanks Obama.

>The TDP is 295W

>This model has higher TDP (345W)

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

6 replies and half of them are already shitposting. This thread is just going to be a dumpsterfire.

>CARDS ONLY AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW

WAIT(TM) SOME MORE, AYYMDPOORFAGS

twitter.com/hardwarecanucks/status/891467348187766784

Rate my dinner

You gotta go back

I seriously don't get why they are delaying the cards even more. What's the fucking point? The 3+ months of waiting didn't make HBM2 memory cheaper. Memory got more expensive since then because of the Micron factory incident. And since FE Vega benchmarks came out, the hype and anticipation of people wanting Vega has gone down. Not even the miners want it with the poor showing that it has with mining.

The only thing that would've been a positive was that this delay may have brought some time for drivers to get better but even then, was that really worth the wait?

>Micron
Micron is not fabbing HBM2.

Come on, really? You're going to nickpick on one portion of the sentence and take it out of context?

I was talking about the memory market as a whole. Even if Micron is fabbing HBC which is different. the memory market is very sensitive to pricing disruption, where NAND can be affected by DRAM pricing and vice versa even though they are completely different memory types and are used differently. So it doesn't matter if HBM2 isn't made at Micron, it's just that the pricing increase from the disruption will increase the price for HBM2 as well.

i bought a 1080ti

I'm waiting for my tax return, then I'll be building a Ryzen system. I'll decide after that if I'll get Vega. Hopefully I won't be disappointed

That is estimated price. Not September.

Looks like a hot mess. Does presentation mean nothing anymore?

Fu off.

VEGA NANO CONFIRMED
smallformfactor.net/news/exclusive-fleeting-glance-vega-nano

>Tacos al pastor.

Mi negro.

Posting this one last time because this video is the entire fiasco that is the vega launch rn.

youtube.com/watch?v=Su418ixxZZs&index=3&list=LLGmb0CwvsaZxzs7KBHRguxg&t=35s

i dont know shit about amd but are all these new vega things that people are hyping the fucking gaymer $800 types or are there shit-cheap $60-$120

they had to cut costs - not even woodscrews are visible.

Well, I always wondered why they had such a big PCB if the ram is on the same package.

IT'S HERE

1080 performance today on the official AMD drivers.

Where will it be in a few months on Mesa?

Speaking of Fiji, there’s been some question over whether the already shipping Vega FE cards had AMD’s Draw Steam Binning Rasterizer enabled, which is one of the Vega architecture’s new features. The short answer is that no, the DSBR is not enabled in Vega FE’s current drivers. Whereas we have been told to expect it with the RX Vega launch. AMD is being careful not to make too many promises here – the performance and power impact of the DSBR vary wildly with the software used – but it means that the RX Vega will have a bit more going on than the Vega FE at launch.

anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august/3

I told you niggers you should wait

pscp.tv/OptimistechR/1DXxyOnkQQbGM - livestream

God damn it Ryan I know you're better than that, what the fuck is up with the HBCC and geometry performance? DSBR is important but it's only 1 out 3 important features and you didn't ask for the other two? Fucking hell

how do I make the stream upright?

Rotate your monitor fgt.

it should automatically rotate if your browser is full size and monitor is 16:9

maybe my monitor is too small resolution

At least it confirms what we already knew .. disabled HW features in drivers. Just Waiting for actual benchmarks on August 14th now.

there we go, didn't see the sidebar close button

According to the footnotes, this is tested with reference V64, meaning expect clocks under 1400MHz sustained.

This is better than I expected, I thought these tests were run with the 1670MHz watercooled one.

If this gets enabled latter on the reference V64 should be hitting over 1500MHz sustained.

son of a bitch, the guy finished it in the middle
where's the rest?

Geometry performance is fine. The problem is in scheduling or memory latency. You can look at compubench scores and see it performs against a 1080 in openCL tests exactly as it performs against a 1080 in games. DSBR will improve bandwidth efficiency (effective bandwidth goes up) and power efficiency (power goes down) but I doubt it'll make a big difference in actual performance. But I could be wrong, we'll see. I don't believe openCL tests should load the bandwidth so I doubt it's the real problem here but it could make a difference in games.

Its the worst launch ive seen since the 290 and 480

doom and titanfall bench where

He got busted.

It's more about removing the bandwidth bottleneck(effective memory speed is 300ish GB/s on Vega...) and enabling higher sustained clocks.

god he is such a shitty presenter, fucking fire him.

pscp.tv/OptimistechR/1djGXLmbXaNGZ? new link - livestream

>even AMDumbfucks are just waiting themselves because they're worried about vega too

>take your new gpu on a party for a year
>the performance is equal to a year old model 1080ti
> still not released
Raj is money laundering

The performance isn't anywhere near a 1080ti tho
You mean 1080?

what the fuck is in the pack?

Discounts for your recommended accessories.

Basically you pay $100 for the GPU for $120 of games, $100 off a 1700X or 1800X with one of these three motherboards, and $200 off an $800 Samsung ultrawide

Two games and coupons

Er, $100 extra for the GPU for those extras. And the extras are all instant rebates, so you'd need to buy about $1500 of the cheapest Vega GPU, a 1700x, the msi motherboard, and the samsung display in order to take advantage of the lower prices.

dumb fan boys forget the Nvidia GTX 590 it was VERY HOT and very very power hungry.

HBM is nothing compeared to Fermi boyo
Picrelated.

Kids these days LOL.

>Ryzen 7s
>X versions
they could've tempted more people with price off all Ryzen units

Vega 56 with ca. 1080 performance + FS 2 monitor + Wolfenstein 2.
Give me that nice deal, AMD. This is EXACTLY what I want.

nice bait

>2 GPUS in One card

Of course it was hot, you clod.

why do nvidia fans care to argue in a thread that's obviously for people interested in amd products?

What? Nothing is above criticism. I actually love to see comparisons and criticism of as many products as possible. I just never like it when its its unconditional love/adoration tier like the stupid console war threads on Sup Forums.

it would be nice if could actually win an argument in the internet nigga

I really want one of the silver Vega cards. It'd look great in my case. How limited do you guys think it'll be?

>I have no idea what Im talking about

I would never buy a gpu with a missing memory chip, disgusting.

They pack a monstruous vrm on the pcb wich can go really hot. It is overkill and thry know it.

The combo packs are actually pretty nice. Too bad I already built my PC and bought monitors ~6 months ago.

It's hard for anything to look good with those shit brown Noctua fans.

pretty neat actually

Building up stock or optimizing drivers further.

Can anyone tell me in simple terms how much more powerful a RX Vega 56 is to a RX 480?

Im considering buying one when they release.

Thanks

> 10.5TFLOPs vs 5.8TFLOPs

More

So I was going to get a 1080. Get the 56 right?

shiiiiit time to buy rx vega 56

>drivers vs no drivers

>10.5 tflops
How is it on par with 1070? It's even higher than a 1080.

because half of the architecture doesn't work

That's the 56, not the 64 (just for clarity)

Vega also has botnet.

Because they let the Chinese develop Vega and it's a piece of shit that can't use all of its compute

>SRIOV
so wait does rx vega support it?

>EU don't even get the Freesync voucher.

and I've just purchased a Freesync monitor after my old one failed last week. :(

Are these packs only for america?

No but the FreeSync monitor is.

The games can be gotton for free from other places anyway. That monitor is a meme and overpriced even for $600.

So you pay an extra $100 to get a $100 rebate for a CPU + Motherboard bundle? This is a shit deal.

how much does nvidia pay you to make these slide threads?

Tell me about the RX Vega. Are Nvidia going to lower their price for the 1070 in reaction?

Not likely unless RX Vega is released with godlike perfect drivers and performance is closer to a 1080 ti than a 1080. Which also is not likely.

Isn't that monitor the one with screen flickering issues under freesync?

Irrelevant since the prices will stay high due to mining.

but I don't want that monitor. Is it just that monitor?

BENCHMARKS WHEN

translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=https://www.golem.de/news/id-software-wolfenstein-2-unterstuetzt-fp16-und-vulkan-1707-129201.html

>New in the version of id Tech 6 developed for Wolfenstein 2 - The New Colossus are FP16 calculations. These are done with half precision, which leads to a higher image rate with some shaders without affecting the graphics quality visibly. For what exactly id software on FP16 instead of FP32 put, AMD did not. Post-processing effects, such as Bloom. The performance should rise in the double-digit percentage range, id Software did not want to comment on this.

Should I even build a ryzen system now? I never mix and match

>Anyone wondering where all the die size of Vega went, wonder no more.

>It has 45MB of SRAM on die. GP100 has 23MB, GV100 has 33MB.
>God knows what they're doing with all of that and still somehow being hungrier for bandwidth.

So where you going to get the Intel GPU and NVidia CPU?

>in b4 integrated trash and muh tegra

I was going to do Zen and vega but might just wait for coffeelake and Volta now

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that counts as mixing and matching. Unless Intel and NVidia merged while I wasn't looking.

Intel and nvidia go together