Doom Benchmarks on Vega 64

nVidia buttblasted lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

slickdeals.net/f/10407968-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-directx-12-gv-n1080wf3oc-8gd-8gb-newegg-ebay-apply-code-pcollege10-464-98
guru3d.com/news-story/asus-to-launch-four-rog-rx-vega-64-gpu.html
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Vega_Microarchitecture_Technical_Overview/7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHmV3c7H1Q
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>only showing AMD's best preforming game
What did they mean by this?

Anything more than 60 fps in 1080p is a waste of money
t. non-gamer AMD fag

>only 30 percent faster than a fury x, two years later

AMD are fucking hopless

t. AMD owner

Some people have high refresh rate panels, which, if you've ever experienced, ruin 60Hz panels forever.

1080fe performance one year later
$599
400watt

>1080

yeah this i cant wait to get a pascal gen 2 in a couple of months, fuck amd they are fucking useless at gpu's

Is it Vladimir Putin?

Well yeah, Vega 64 competes with the 1080, not the 1080Ti price wise.

The 1080 was literally $450 today

slickdeals.net/f/10407968-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-directx-12-gv-n1080wf3oc-8gd-8gb-newegg-ebay-apply-code-pcollege10-464-98

144Hz monitors will never be a thing.
Heck, not even 4k on desktops are going to be a thing anytime soon

man vega is fucking dead in the water.

I must inform you that the happening of a 'thing' is not restricted to your basement. 144Hz is a thing, so is 4K. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean others don't. My 144Hz monitor doesn't cease to exist because you don't think it does. Dumb fuck.

guru3d.com/news-story/asus-to-launch-four-rog-rx-vega-64-gpu.html

Asus makes 4 cards. Early september, fast for asus. It will all depend how 56 variant performs, if it's 1080 level for $400 it's good.

as a fury x owner, vega is a fucking disappointment

I was hoping to switch to it because I was hoping it would be at least twice as performant (4k gaymes are pretty damn gpu intensive), but it looks like I'm going to have to wait... for navi

just switch to pascal already you faggot

nope

This. Benchmarks are always bullshit.

it's also best performing nvidia game, accidentally

>These results
>Own Fury X on a custom loop
So, there's no point in upgrading to Vega? Ok.
I mean, if they're stupidly cheap and have a custom loop block option I'd maybe consider it, but fuck paying the price of a Fury X again, and then the price of a custom block + backplate just to get it back into my system.

>TFW same boat
I'm here for you brother.

390 Nitro 1440p here
if it's 70% more performance of $400 variant i will consider it.

Take that space heater out of your machine and get a 1080 you fucking faggot.

They're on sale for $450 at least once a week.

Stop letting the poojeets stick their brown dick in your ass continuously for decades. They can't release a good GPU for fucks sake.

>144Hz is a thing
I'm yet to see any of my colleges using 144Hz. Unfortunately your gaming cave is not ``real world``.
>4k
Yeah i've seen some 4k screen, not very common in workplace

Yeah doom runs amazing on everything

Sub 10% gain on Volta.

There's only so much you can do without a two node jump lmao.

Nice try Jen-Hsun Huang

>waitâ„¢

|
|
|>
|
|
|

it will still be a 300watt+ card tho

air cooled is 390 powerdraw
irrelevant, for me at least, anything 390 and below is okay

the 390 is a 400 watt card at peak user, the 1080 is 300 at its absolute max

nah

I'll defend 120Hz panels. 144Hz+ has lower latency but is 1) more expensive. 2) requires more demanding framerates. At the very least replaying older games with a high refreshrate is cool.

you make vega sound even better to me
650w PSU runs 390 nitro easily, meaning vega won't bother it at all

>TDP matters for GPUs
is the worst bullshit marketing nvidia won the market with ever conceived
CPU power draw is important because it has to go through the socket, GPU are fed directly
electricity bill differences between 200w and 300w TDP are what? under 5%?

>Implying navi will be any better.
Stop kidding yourself m8.

>MCM GPU
Yes.

I've got 144hz monitor and have had one ever since they Have been around, Even a bunch of non gamers of friends of mine also have a 144hz.

If making shit up helps you forget your housefire 1 year old performance "flagship" then so be it.

>no two node jump
But he's right.

Did vega end up having any useful new features? If they used IF on threadripper systems to combine multi gpu setups it would be useful.

Oh cute, suddenly the endless "housefire" shit you've been spouting for the past year across Fermi and Kaby Lake is all okay when AMD launches a record setting housefire card.

I thought last gen's cards already did this.

>they actually think that any cards if as 'advertised' will not be bought up by cyrptomaggots and push the prices up by at least $100
And it would be like they didn't even make any cards at all for the enthusiast market.

Vega will probably overclock like dogshit because of the high thermal properties. The fact that it already fucking absorbs 30-40w at stock should tell you that.

>Work
>Colleges

Sorry kiddo, pretending you're the elite tech God doesn't change reality

No, not even TBR is enabled (yet).

Isnt' the best selling and the fourth best selling monitor on newegg a 144hz?

Yeah, it is.

Just like the incredibly scaling GCN and that amazing HBM saved Vega!

I have 3 4k and two 144hz Freesync lol.

At work all the monitors are 4k

Nuh uh, doesn't matter. My colleges and my workplaces I don't see them so they don't exist!

(You).
Now go make fucking interconnect Jensen.

>144hz TFT

Eww

TN*

I own the 24" model and it looks nice especially considering it's generally only $180.
That's not the point though, the point is they sell like fucking crazy. Every popular peripheral(zowie fk2, g403, etc) on amazon has it in the customer's also bought section.
Second and third best sellers on US amazon also 144hz.

>looks nice
Yes gold plated dogshit looks delicious if all you've had to eat is dogshit.

Looks fine to me. I'll keep my rx 470 though since I'm at 1080p.

But hey nice to see amd doing well.

enjoy your 60hz slide show then

seems like everyone else is all over 144hz

Yeah what the fuck their logic is fucktarded

t. 390x owners

>60hz is a slideshow
>Movies are 24fps because high framerate looks goofy and cheap
>I need muh 144hz for twitch shootans

Eat shit gamerkid.

>bwaa! sour grapes

I actually use it for WoW mostly but yeah every game looks dramatically better even at just 90hz like ME:A which is all my 980ti can do.
Don't watch movies but if i did I would probably have a monitor that's good at that as well. 144hz is dirt cheap

>sour grapes
>Implying anyone who can afford a IPS screen can't just simply buy a 144hz TN piece of shit if they needed or wanted to play muh FPS games

Kek

>144hz is dirt cheap
It's because TN panels are dirt cheap

okay but the point, once again, is that they are selling very well and are certainly a "thing"

desu people will tolerate substandard images as long as they think they will get the best gear for their elite fps games, huehuehue,

this board has the best word filters

They're selling well because they're
1. Acer
World renowned for decades for making cheap shit.
2.Cheap

Delete this you fucking dumbo

>Implying the shitty fa m and tb h filters are specific to this board

Go back to r eddit.

movies are 24fps to save some jews a few pennies on film reel 100 years ago. They didn't change it because luddites complained.

>AMD Product released 12 months after competing product is less than 10% faster overall
>IPC increase comparative to FuryX is non-existent, all gains are through frequency alone
wow, this is fucking shit.
Raja confirmed for fired.

been here longer than u nigga
t. 2007
k but i was talking to this guy

>Longer than me
>2007

Kek no, children.

AMD should drop out of gpus and focus solely on killing Intel on cpus

Their sole major source of income is making APUs for all current gen Consoles, that's not happening anytime in the next decade at least.

>550 watt psu
I'm gonna have to upgrade that aren't I?

They wish they were getting frequency gains, its only about 25% faster for a 50% clock increase.

>2007
I guess that's 10 years now, but you're still a fucking newfag cancer faggot.
lurk moar.

-t old domain

1050 to 1650 isn't 50%...
Also without the power features and no reliable reviews outside AMD - I'm not entirely sure it's even hitting the 1650 boost clock at all times and might be throttling.
The Vega64 base clock is on 1382mhz...

It would stand to reason that they aren't getting proper frequency scaling simply due to it throttling at hitting 1650mhz on some workloads (which is even more hilarious in a way)

>best case scenario (Doom @ Vulkan) better than 1080
>on average clearly going to be on par with 1080
>same price as 1080

What a waste of silicon. I was really waiting for Vega as I have a FreeSync monitor but I'll just keep my RX 480 I guess.

Vega doesn't seem all that terrible. I'll just sell my Fury to a miner for $400 and get one.

why are you faggots assblasted? You didn't cry when Ryzen was 5% slower than i7 7th gen in gayming, but you get all butthurt over this?

AMD has forwarded their performance a lot by going from RX 480/580 to Vega 64. I would say almost 100% increase in FPS.

This is good if you want to avoid Nvidia with their telemetry drivers (and you need to sign in with a facebook account to update the drivers aswell kek) and 200$ price premium on goysync monitors

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Vega_Microarchitecture_Technical_Overview/7.html
The uarch is nice.
Where's the performance, especially "primitive culling" and "DSBR" parts?

I was assuming they were using the 1550mhz air version, but who knows. If they had the liquid version I'm sure it was at least stable. What card has ever launched that didn't hit its own advertised boost frequency.

Sounds more like a thermal throttling issue.
That's as fast as Vega64 will go. It's not like AMD has a history of releasing pushed to the envelope hardware that would count as factory overclocking by other manufacturers right?

>Doom @ Vulkan, aka THE ideal case scenario for showcasing AMD performance
>10% better than 1080 FE
>for some reason AMD brags about this instead of being embarrassed

>why are you faggots assblasted? You didn't cry when Ryzen was 5% slower than i7 7th gen in gayming, but you get all butthurt over this?
Are you this retarded? R5 1600 + B350/X370 is only like 9% slower than i7-7700k + Z270 over a 30-game average, but it's HALF the god damn price, runs much cooler, and is BETTER in other scenarios (VMs, development, media creation, etc.).

Vega doesn't come close to being that good.

>AMD has forwarded their performance a lot by going from RX 480/580 to Vega 64. I would say almost 100% increase in FPS.
>This is good if you want to avoid Nvidia with their telemetry drivers (and you need to sign in with a facebook account to update the drivers aswell kek) and 200$ price premium on goysync monitors
Yes there'll be benefits to Vega 64 over 1080 but there's also disadvantages like power consumption and heat output.

>literally double the performance compared to RX 480/580

They should be proud

>not buying a 100Hz+ ultrawide VA panel

>(and you need to sign in with a facebook account to update the drivers aswell kek)
Amdrone sprouting bullshit again

Will my 500W 80+ silver PSU be enough for VEga 64?

t. Ryzen 7 1700 stock clock user

>managed to catch up with Maxwell just as Nvidia are going to release Volta

Kek.

>500W
>silver
but why

>nvidia are going to release another, now even bigger, Maxwell
Hmm. Bravo JHH!

Friendly reminder that Fury X which was normally 20% behind 980 Ti/1070 was going head to head with them in Doom's Vulkan by gaining 32% performance. This GPU literally will have performance worse than 1080 in 95% of video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHmV3c7H1Q

>meanwhile AMD releases a new architecture every year that's still worse than Maxwell.

Bravo, pajeet.

>and you need to sign in with a facebook account to update the drivers aswell kek

Demonstrably not true. I just started downloading the latest driver thirty seconds ago, signed in with nothing but my burner e-mail.
You can also download the standalone driver and use no registration at all, if you're into that.

i fell for the modular power supply meme

literally could've bought an 850watt 80+ bronze spaghetti cable psu and some extension cables for around the same price

"performant" is not a word, pajeet

That would be asking for a housefire. Fully modular, 80+ gold is a minimum unless you're poor, in which case buy used.

>buying used PSU
That's only an option if you're an idiot. 80+ bronze is perfectly sufficient if you want to save some money, and there are lots of quality options available.