/sfg/ *fetch general

">Outdated kernel" edition

Previous thread: Post your desktops, with or without *fetches, and discuss your rices.

*fetch programs:
Neofetch: github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch
Screenfetch: github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch

>"I want a nicer terminal color scheme!"
terminal.sexy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cdN2bfov9JQ
techsviewer.com/install-macos-sierra-vmware-windows/
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372
sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
i.imgur.com/keiZFsQ.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Help

Hello from my X200!!

Felt it was time to finally switch from gnome to i3. I'm loving how easy and natural it is to navigate my desktop.

>awoo posted
Thread is now blessed.

jimmu edition

is your desktop forged from irony?

macOS is and always will be the best. Fuck, it's even more updated than you linux freetards. While you guys are using an outdated kernel such as 4.12, I'm sitting over here safe and secure on on the newest kernel, 17.0.0. Have fun with your outdated software and lack of security and updates.

I am very /comfy/

My Mac even comes with a second built in touch screen display.

that's pretty sexy. wallpaper?

Lol is that your girlfriend

tfw cant hackintosh

youtube.com/watch?v=cdN2bfov9JQ

mega lame op pls dont make this again
why?

I don't know how

>Sup Forums bullies my desktop for being plain
>every linux desktop looks the same

rly gets that noggin joggin

YoI was a lot better than I expected, definitely one of my favourites. The skate song collection is also great.

set up a vm techsviewer.com/install-macos-sierra-vmware-windows/
download the sierra installer from the app store in the vm and run support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372
install clover to the usb sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

google your specific hardware for any kexts you'll need and what clover settings to use, put the kexts in /EFI/clover/kexts/other on the usb
install normally, then once it's booted reinstall clover to the actual drive instead of the usb and copy the kexts over

it might sound kind of complicated but it's easy and doesn't take long (as long as your hardware is compatible)

I think I'll just buy a Mac instead

its not hard...

Good idea

>buys cheapest netbook-tier macbook USED for cheap
>suddenly thinks he's better than everyone for it
rly makes u think...

I tried that method and it was too hard for me, I ended up using Hackintosh Zone, and it failed many times in installation until I finally got it to install, but then it was just horse shit from there. Thanks for trying to help, but I think I'm just going to buy a MacBook Pro.
Thanks

I bought it new, and it does everything I need in a computer. I'm not saying it makes me better than anyone, I think that's your own subconscious issue.

I bought a refurb, no regrets whatsoever

System Information: Model: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) • CPU: Intel Core i5-6267U (4 Threads, 2 Cores) @ 2.90 GHz • Memory: 8.00 GB • Uptime: 1 day • Disk Space: 250.03 GB • Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 • Display Resolution: 2880 x 1800 • OS: macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13, Build 17A315i)

go away kevin

No thanks.

top shit tier

I heard you like fresh kernels

I got bullied yesterday so I took my conky off

Heres it with it conky on

Thanks. The wallpaper is 4k, so I can't upload it here.

Have a link instead:
i.imgur.com/keiZFsQ.jpg

I've seen this pic a couple of times now.
I like that you want to try out proportional fonts in your terminal, but doesn't it look broken to you? It doesn't fit at all.
Also why do you include a compiler error in your fetch?

he fell for the bad fonts = good meme

Sorry, it looks like shit desu

Here we go

The font I'm using there is actually monospace, it just looks weird because you're not used to seeing anti-aliased serif monospaces. This is what a real proportional font looks like in a terminal, and it's even worse.
Plan9 is neat in that it can handle proportional fonts in it's terminal, since it doesn't support 'full screen' CLI applications, and it handles line breaks and wrapping differently than most terminals.
The compiler error was just what was open when I took the screenshot.

>3.16
kek

please be gentle, it's my first time

>running linux on windows just to post in *fetch thread

Well Im using Debian for my Servers and on my Laptop im using Windows for Games.