What happened with the rebranding effort?

What happened with the rebranding effort?

#NotMyProgrammingPenguin

No one cares about the logo. You never see the logo. The average person doesn't even care about the kernel nor do they ever "interact" with it in any way.

Brand isn't a logo, it's the whole package of how people perceive the item. If the perception is of shoddy, unfriendly or obscure software then that can be remedied by presenting more image content that looks professional. Plain text websites go against that. They may be useful for documentation but not to present the systems to possible mainstream users.

Year of the Linux desktop isn't happening without Year of the Linux rebrand effort.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as The Programming Penguin, is in fact, Tux/Programming Penguin, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Tux plus Programming Penguin. Programming Penguin is not a mascot unto itself, but rather another original character of a fully functioning Tux system made useful by the Tux likeliness, wing utilities and vital penguin components comprising a full mascot as defined by Torvalds.

Many computer users see a modified version of the Tux character every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Tux which is widely used today is often called Programming Penguin, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically tTux, developed by the Tux Project.

There really is a Programming Penguin, and these people are viewing it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Programming Penguin is the nickname: the name in the system that allocates the viewer's attention to the character they view. The nickname is an essential part of a mascot, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete original character. Programming Penguin is normally used in combination with the Tux mascot: the whole system is basically Tux with Programming Penguin added, or Tux/Programming Penguin. All the so-called Programming Penguin characters are really OCs of Tux/Programming Penguin!

Fuck off.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Fuck off, is in fact, Off yourself/Fuck off, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Fuck off plus Off yourself . Fuck off is not an insult unto itself, but rather another variation of a fully functioning Off yourself insult made useful by the fuck off likeliness, offensive utilities and vital faggot tears comprising a full insult as defined by Torvalds.

Many computer users see a modified version of the off yourself insult every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Off yourself which is widely used today is often called fuck off, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically off yourself, developed by the off yourself off Project.

There really is a fuck off, and these people are viewing it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Fuck off is the slang: the name in the system that allocates the viewer's attention to the insult they hear. The slang is an essential part of a insult, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete insult. Fuck off is normally used in combination with the off yourself insult: the whole system is basically off yourself with fuck off added, or fuck off/off yourself.

>plain text website
That doesn't mean what you think it does.

No one goes to the Linux kernel website anyway.

LOL!

epic

something about the head looks sinister

KEK

off yourself / fuck off

I think the shittyness of the design is what gives Linux it's charm.

>What happened with the rebranding effort?
Draw me like those french penguins

Everyone realized marketers are parasitic beings that deserve nothing but a shot to the back of their heads.

What's needed is a new black & white themed logo that not only harkens back to the penguin, but also looks forward to capturing the hearts and imaginations of the intended demographic

that penguin doesn't look stupid enough i dont like it

Tux is the logo of Linux u retards, and by Linux I talk about the fucking kernel, stop trying to associate things like gcc and emacs to my kernel

What's needed is an OS-tan.

Should be tux rideing a gnu with a massive systemD dragging on the ground.

Kool progi pengu OP! :}

>png
>has alpha
>no round corners