Why is MacOS so comfy?

Why is MacOS so comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

ix.io/w6A
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/htitle/
forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8726-asus-k55vm-sierra-1012-update-250916/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That setup is kinda shitty tho. Any DE on Linux can do that.

But yeah you're right. There is nothing comfier then macos

>watermark on wallpaper

>tfw no good book reading application on GAHNOO+Lynux
>inb4 calibre
A piece of antiquated shit. Gee Billy, a program for organizing your library AND a shitty book reader with trash tier rendering?

Welcome to the big dick club OP

just werks
how the hell do you get twitch to fullscreen inside the browser
i mean i use vlc but still

I see someone is running Nightly with the new Photon theme. Best browser choice. Stylo is enabled, fingerprinting protection turned on? How many content processes?

Comfy is a codeword for boring dbh

Seriously, why are you reading a PDF while watching a LoL stream?

Spiritual UI design desu

In Mac OS if you can't get something to fullscreen, you can just use the Accessibility feature to zoom in on the screen.

>/lolg/
Isn't it infested with lots of foot fetishists? There's one in particular that's obsessed with one champion's too if I recall, right?

It is, but it lacks customization on a bigger level even than Windows. And that is not a good thing. Sure there's consistent design and such but there are many things you have no way of changing so it forces a change on yourself rather.

The difference with Linux is, sometimes you don't get what you want, but when you learn how, you can adjust things to adapt to you, rather than adapt yourself to them, if that makes any sense. Problem with linux is, of course, it doesn't get the decent proprietary software support from macOS, and graphics drivers are quite terrible so you always have to fix something. Always.

But then macOS lacks things that can only be added with paid applications. But those applications exist, they might not exist on linux so you would have to resort to something "similar", like a google drive client. Speaking of that, such thing is free on macOS, but on linux you have to rely on shoddy slow shit or actually pay for it (unless you use KDE, as kio-gdrive does a decent job).

btw I must say that, macOS font rendering by default is pretty decent. On linux it's a mixed bag where you can get either the best, or something rather worse. And I haven't managed to find a pdf reader on linux with good font rendering, whereas macOS has pretty much what is needed to comfortably read anything on a PDF file.

just curious - how much ram does osx use?

Just use something like ubuntu or fedora and you'll get a good font rendering.

For a PDF reader use evince.

What's the opinion on Hackintosh?

it's mostly because of the PPI desu

there's a font pasta in the linux thread from time to time for freetype (which applel uses as well) 2.7+

mupdf

Windows 10 is far more comfy.

ubuntu's fonts settings are horrible, they seem to use dejavu for sans

>gnu/linux font rendering is ba-

Ubuntu handles it nicely.
macOS makes it a blurry mess.
Windows looks way too sharp.
Chrome fucks it all up.
Firefox handles it nicely.

Anyone who likes macos font rendering just needs to smear vaseline all over their screen for the same effect.

I didn't say that, in fact I was using that exact same font rendering on openSUSE. I don't know how to get that with Kubuntu though. For me that IS good font rendering but I didn't manage to get the same results on pdf readers.

can it actually RUN LoL? otherwise you are confirming it's overpriced webbrower machine

Christ, this. I never got why people go
>zomfg best font rendering evah
And then post a Gaussian Blur fest. Try Fedora sometime on a high PPI screen, thank me later.

ix.io/w6A
mupdf

>how the hell do you get twitch to fullscreen inside the browser
just hiding the chat?

Web Content Processes 3/4
Stylo false (disabled by default)

Should I enable Stylo?

To look cool ofc.

It's full of anitards and lulufags. I am actually sick of that place but sometimes I go there to rage on my failures in the game.

And what font rendering will you get with that config?

>Even tho I hear low noise in my headphones when I move a mouse. And sleep doesn't work.
How do I get my hands on MacOS ISO, if I don't have access to a Mac?

>macOS makes it a blurry mess.

You've never seen that rendering in a proper high resolution display have you

rutracker hackintosh

With that abomination of a wallpaper + firefox you've managed to make macOS look pretty terrible in your screenshot, it's actually pretty impressive

How safe are those?

What's the appeal of locked down Unix?

I have, I worked on a MBP for a year.
It's blurry.

Torrent.

>

The Jewlufags I know are god awful, far worse than the foot fuckers but some of the fuckers have made names for themselves, no?

>comfy as an arbitrary descriptor for something good

>just werks
>just
You only pay out of your nose for the hardware that is compatible with it.

Is this the excuse nowadays? lmao pathetic

It's basically a macOS virtual machine image. What you actually need to do is:

1. Download such image
2. Use a VMWare or VirtualBox following the special instructions that are usually included with said image
3. Create an Apple account to save time
4. Once you got in, log in with said account into the app store
5. Download Sierra from the app store
6. Download the tools needed for hackintoshing (if you go with tonymac you basically have a installer that's really piss easy to use)
7. Attach usb to the virtual machine and use it with said tools

It's a slow process, that's for sure. I have my flash drive dedicated to that.

are you joking, right?

dont be fuckin autistic.

look at the picture you dumb nigger

Not him, but I get the same exact thing without going through all that shit by just using the appropriate fonts.conf on my xubuntu and Chromium/Chrome. Exact same.

>iterm not open
>shitty e-sport gaymes
>watching other people play
Back to

Sorry, kubuntu. I would guess it's the same though.

I thought I need to burn the ISO to a USB like a regular Linux distro.
How safe the VM images?
Could it be tampered to attack the host machine?
And what if a VM is locked?

I don't know why he posted that embarrassment. Here's mine.

No, it's not as easy as a regular distro installation.

Why does macOS suck so much?

MacOS is just a glorified linux
prove me wrong.

I installed Hackintosh and it ran perfectly.

I liked how everything worked, but I just couldn't get used to it. Never touched again.

There's nothing in those machines that can harm your system, I'd be more worried about pirating VMWare workstation pro which I don't think it's really a requirement in any case.

Hackintosh is not easy to handle at first. However after a while any reinstallation (unless it's a beta for a major release) will be no more painful than installing Windows and you get to keep a pretty stable system.

Wait, you need to repeat this whole process to upgrade versions? You can't just upgrade through the App Store?

Linux is not UNIX.

>Try Fedora
I like Fedora but its font rendering is complete shit out of the box. Is there any way to make it better?

No, it isn't. Look at this and tell me it looks like shit

No no, you read that wrong. You can just update the normal way. The thing is, over the years people have had some issues and after point updates there's this usual need to install sound drivers again or something similar. These days with some setups this just doesn't happen.

Where you might have trouble is updating to major releases, specially beta versions, like Sierra to High Sierra. Most of the time it's wise to wait until a .2 version comes out to actually update (like 10.11.2, 10.12.2, 10.13.2...) because I don't know how they manage but everytime they release a new system there's a lot of shit that stops working despite there not being any apparent changes. With High Sierra it's more of a thing since APFS is finally supported for system drives.

I would say that you may have to get comfortable with the idea of reinstalling the system maybe once every year and a quarter if you want to get the latest shit that is. There are people still using El Capitan without many issues, consider that too.

But it doesn't look like that on my machine.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/htitle/

isn't it based on freebsd or something

It really does, kerning makes it slightly difficult to read. Also you're using high DPI. Many people still don't have displays above 1080p and good font rendering is crucial on that.

thats just arial/sans

mind you faggots explain yourselves

those are from infinality and handle a bunch of font faces online

>It really does, kerning makes it slightly difficult to read.
That font has no kerning user, and kerning was made exactly to make fonts easier to read.
>Many people still don't have displays above 1080p and good font rendering is crucial on that.
Funny how this point wasn't brought up when discussing macOS in a macOS thread, considering ALL computers that come with macOS have high DPI, but the second I post Fedora on a QHD screen it gets pointed out.
I don't know what you want to me to about this. It looks good on 1080p as well.

>look at the picture you dumb nigger
i was asking more about just the os user not with a bunch of shit

Are you using the official Fedora with Gnome, or some spin like KDE?

I think the real question is why you are watching that faggot

cause your IQ is below 30
that's why

>reading books on PC
Get an ebook reader.

i haven an iphone and a mac book so i'm locked in for the mean time. it isn't too bad.

i'd rather use ubuntu budgie though, they are comfier to me. currently not even double booting because it's a hassle and there's nothing i can't do with osx that i wanna do.

this, either watch mommytron or get the fuck off

uwu

owo

I know right user. MacOS is the comfiest thing in existence I swear.

Enjoy your overpriced AIDS machine, faggot

>fagOS

Jesus fucking Christ

Ok user. I'm pretty comfy here though. Watching my anime, chatting to my friends and drinking some nice warm tea.

ikr, wish my desktop was that cute

>watching streamers
>watching League of Legends streamers

disgusting

long boot time
audio problems
sleep problems
shit touchpad support (if your touchpad's good and you have used it on win 8 or 10 you'll notice)
after reboot expect having no gpu accelaration or os not booting at all
pray when upgrading
(all in all it's shit)

>long boot time
>audio problems
>sleep problems
>shit touchpad support (if your touchpad's good and you have used it on win 8 or 10 you'll notice)
>after reboot expect having no gpu accelaration or os not booting at all
>pray when upgrading
>(all in all it's shit)
So just like a real mac.

>try hackintosh on a laptop with shit support
>this means all hackintoshes are shit
retard

forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8726-asus-k55vm-sierra-1012-update-250916/
it's compatible with most of the hardware except wifi adapter and card reader.

obviously not if you were having problems like that
I've never had any of those issues, works perfectly here

>buy $50 g5 case off craigslist
>buy $500 in parts
>build "$5000" mac pro
>sell on craigslist
>never hear a single complaint about it since mactoddlers are brainlets that care only about the logo

Easy life.

It's pretty good, but there's issues. My hardware is completely supported supposedly, but my screen has flickering when running through DP and I had to install a few things to get my mouse working the way it should.

Then there's the limitations of macOS itself. Lots of problems with openGL because of the antiquated version they don't support higher than.

It is nice to actually use. I've given up on it as a daily driver, but I would use it for everything if it didn't have issues.

It's not

>but my screen has flickering
#JustAppleThings :^)

On my i5 4460 and 280x hackintosh works almost flawlessly.

I say almost because there's still sleep problems. But power management is good, graphics are good, sound is basically putting a fucking file in a folder, I don't know how difficult that is for some people but it really seems very hard, in months it hasn't given me issues and I did 3 point upgrades without backing anything up, expecting everything to work just fine, and it fucking did.

Heck I loved it so much I fucking bought a magic trackpad that works flawlessly with it.

However I changed and now I'm using Manjaro. Why? Because I'm fucking bored. Hackintosh in my case has been the most stable OS I used in a while, and that's counting Windows 7 as well.

Oh hey, it's what I had with linux when radeon dpm was not a thing

what happened to your finder bro

holy fuck
os x is worse than I thought

retard

>Mac
>fullscreen

ayyyyyyy

It just is

Here's my finder

If we're ascribing diseases to OSes, than Linux is ass cancer, even basic functions get a little dicey

just part of "I won the lottery" starter pack