Nano is back

Nano is back.

Single 8 pin. Looks like an 85mm fan again.
I was hoping for dual fans that overlap partially (like on the 1080 Aorus), but maybe it'll be fine.

Nano what? RX580? what model? What a low quality post ffs.

That's the Vega logo scheme so probably some cut down low end vega

Its Vega.

Full fledged Vega64, exactly like the Fury Nano. Just lower clocks and lower sustained boost to bring down the power target.

ur retarded

>400 watts
>one fan

Ok

>le 400 watts maymay

No this chip actually will draw 400 watts at max clocks.

Faggot here, why should I care about tdp except for the fact that it means there's less room for overclocking? I'm retarded and don't get the meme

It's performance you're paying for and willfully discarding for some unknown reason.

>Performance from your power supply
ftfy

I just hope it won't cost $600 again.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Why wouldn't it? It's a niche.

It probably will be around that $500 to $550 point.
Its a full Vega64 just clocked lower, and the small form factor itself is a niche gimmick.

Not even the watercooled Vega is 400 watts you stupid dipshit.

t.retard

So you don't know why tdp is important either, cool.

#pwned

>overlapping fans
dumb meme design with less fin area

>power consumption and tdp is the same thing
you're both retarded

It's 150 watts for GPU+VRAM on the Vega Nano.

The Fury Nano's weren't half bad once they were massively cut down in price

I suspect this will have the same fate

It's not a dumb meme.
Though one deep fan might be better. It's also too thin.

In the Aorus case it's stupid because there is so much wasted space that's just shroud where they could have used 2 120mm fans instead of 3 100mm.

In the Nano's case, it makes sense because they can't do a higher diameter fan as it's already roughly to the edges of the PCI depth that they're trying to stick under.
Fact is that the previous Nano got noisy under full load.
Hopefully this time they improved the fan and heatsink design, because it's only like 10-15 watts lower power than the Fury Nano.

Yeah, at $450 the Nano were alright. At $650 no way.

But it looks like they will be over $500 this time... If it was $450 i'd buy it, but obviously isn't since the Vega 56 is $400.

vega.
you can't make a card small enough with gddr5 all around.
this is probably the best amd card that is not retarded.

I liked the minimalist brushed alumininum brick design on the normal version but this just looks retarded. Still cool stuff.

full fledged vega fe with watercooling on max oc draws 400 watts
idiots on Sup Forums says a card with lower clocks a lower cooling solution and lower overhead will draw also 400 watts

sometimes i think i just want to be barry allen to fuck up the timelines and just kill some mothers so that idiots like those never to be born

CUTE

>I was hoping for dual fans that overlap partially (like on the 1080 Aorus)
The only reason they can do it on the Aorus is because it's 3 slots thick. Try it on a dual slot card like the Nano and you're left with no room for the heatsink.

You could do 400watts on a 1080 as well if Nvidia unclocked the voltage.
whats ur point?

The fans on nano are pretty thin, is the thing.
or what if they had intersecting fans like a chinook? HMMM

shills always shills thats the point

they dont even have a decent iq to be at least decent on shillng let alone smart

One 8 pin puts the max power draw at 225W (150W from the 8 pin + 75W from the slot).

how dare you come here with technical knowledge and even more dare to share it with us!

Cute!

There's only 30~32mm to work with. You're not going to be able to stack two 10mm thick fans and a useful heatsink in that space.

Intersecting fans would require that they be geared together, which would add a lot of extra noise and complexity.

C U T E

Belts are quiet.

It'd have to be a toothed belt to maintain the blade spacing.

In theory it might work. I'm not sure the gains over a single, larger diameter fan would be worth it, though.

Again: The problem is that you're limited to 85mm if you don't want to exceed the standard PCI height.

Hmm, where in the power spectrum would a 150w vega nano be?

GTX 1030, GTX 1050? Somewhere around that, right?

turbo brainlet.

I'm merely abstracting the 450-500w vega cards down to a 150w tdp.

Okay, fair enough.

There's still the question of whether the trade offs would be worth it though. Consider that the R9 Nano had part of the heatsink cut out for the fan (see pic). With dual fans, you'd be losing some of the heatsink in exchange for the second fan. There's also the space taken up by the torque transfer belt, and its own potential to block some airflow.

Also, the fans would likely need to have fewer blades and different blade geometry (straighter) to allow enough room for the enmeshed blades not to collide. That would have some impact on fan performance.

The proximity of the fan blades to eachother might generate extra noise, as well.

>85mm
Enjoy your tiny jet engine. Maybe when someone designs a kawaii liquid cooler block like they did for the Nano it will be a viable card.

It's essentially a 92mm fan with the frame removed. It was possible on the R9 Nano to mod in a regular slim 92mm Noctua fan to achieve lower noise.

Yeah but won't you end up with an inferno of a card? I'd rather wait for a waterblock

The guy whose pic that is says the card hits 75C under full load after the mod. So not bad at all.

Now imagine 4 of these on a single interposer.

It's going to make Intels bingbus mesh look like a tropical climate next to the hellish rebuke AMD is about to try and sell people.

>150 watts
jesus

2x120mm fans would put it over 9.5 inches, which is well outside itx territory

Caselets love these things

t. brazilian monkey

What's the performance like?

Nanos are neat in theory, but virtually anyone would be better off just buying a full size triple fan card and lowering the voltages and power profile.

Less cost, same power, just quieter and/or cooler.

This is some serious shitty industrial design.
It looks even worse than vega fe/rx

Its a RX 620 now packing GDDR3 memory at a stunning 200W TDP.

someone seriously finds these nvidia ufo designs good?

well at least its designed, and not an aluminium brick

I was saying on the Aorus 1080. Which yes, is not an ITX card. It has 3 100mm fans when 2 120 mm would probably fit and be better. Or 115mm maybe.

Vega design is sexy. Everyone is sick of over designed shit.

oh, another nano...

Of course an MCM GPU wouldn't use a full sized die if you were to place four of them on a single interposer. That would defeat the entire purpose. If each one used 55 watts each, you'd still end up with reasonable 220 watts. Or you could have two at 110 watts each.

so much work.
i would just zip tie the fan in front of the hole.
sticking out.

>10 series reference coolers
>don't look like shit
The 700 and 900 series we're the best looking that nvidia made.

>lets put some plastic here so they can see the aluminum heatsink!

Wrapping a belt around them makes them both spin in the same direction i.e the blades are flying in the opposing directions at the point where they "intermesh", retards.

>Full fledged Vega64, exactly like the Fury Nano. Just lower clocks and lower sustained boost to bring down the power target.
Not just that. Nano's pcb was optimized for lower power. Board power represents like a good 1/3 of gpu power consumption usually

Not if you add an extra pulley so the outside of the belt runs along the other gear. Car pulleys do this all the time.
Retard.

I wish I understood this better. Apparently Hawaii was rather power efficient for the GPU itself, but the rest of the board used a lot. Why do Nvidia boards use so much less since Maxwell?
Why don't they make all the boards use less power like Nano?

Since the GPU+VRAM on the new Nano is 150watt, the board/aux/fan must be 25watts or less.

Thank god! But why is the 8pin connector not like the old nano?

On wow, so now it's a belt that is toothed on both sides. What next, super sparsely spaced blades with an unique snowflake geometry?

>Car pulleys do this all the time.
Powered devices are all on the wuw side of the belt

Your avatar is cute.
I'm going to rape her.

I was also questioning this. Really makes no sense.

Especially why go through the effort to fit the PCI height if your connector will extend past it?

Could have made it 15mm taller and fit a 100mm fan instead with a front connector.

You think you can stop me from raping here you cunts?

desu I'd prefer a shortish pcb from a full powered card with custom block on it

>. Board power represents like a good 1/3 of gpu power consumption usually

Where on earth did you ever hear this? The power phases and VRM controller itself have only marginal losses. The power consumption of a card will always be a product of the ASIC itself, and the memory feeding it.

There is nothing on a board that is magically pissing away electrons.

So it's a low cost neutered vega.

>nano
>low cost

it will go for 550-650 to sell to stupid mitx fags.

Honestly it's probably the originally intended specs for the card before they upped the clocks to compete with the 1080. You can tell it wasn't meant to run at such high clocks by the fact the TDP is so fucking high.

Probably cost more because it'll be a binned chip that runs at a lower voltage. Maybe.

Did they really slap on transparent plastic?

>He dont pickup design that reduced your GPUs radar crossover.
Whats wrong whit you?

The Pascal stock cooler looks like absolute shit. Only a dumb gaymer retard would think that looks good.

That dumb gaymer retard spam posted his retarded photoshop into every fucking Vega thread on the board.

In addition since it's the same silicon any Vega chip could be just as efficient with an undervolt.

GPU+VRAM wise, yes, but the board/AUX/fans will use more power (unless it has a feature to turn off all but 1 fan and the heatsink is equally good)

Buildzoid goes over this on his breakdowns sometimes. Hawaii was actually quite officient. Polaris is pretty efficient too. The boards were just less efficient and had lots of wasted power.