ISP Comparison Thread

So I am currently here in México, and my ISP is "Megacable" (megacable.com.mx/)

I got a 200 Mbps Internet for $1,100.00 MXN a month ($60.00 USD Month)

I did some tests at speednet, and the results are this:

194 Mbps download
3 Mbps upload

Yep, that's right, 3 Mbps upload, and that's for a internet package intended for business. How on earth am I going to be able to see my goddamn security cams?

Megacable response:
>We can offer you "dedicated internet access";
>Symetric 10 Mbps for $6,380.00 MXN ($355.00 USD month)

>You will have to sign a contract with us for a minimum of 3 years.

Good news is that we are going to change to another ISP, Telmex, which offer us:

200 Mbps download
50 Mbps upload
for $1,500.00 MXN month ($84.00 USD month)

What is your ISP/Bandwith/Monthly fee user?

Feel free to share

Get Totalplay you fool

I had Megacable for 5 years, made the switch and never looked back

I fucking hate Megacable. Got the 10 Mbps on me home, because fuck paying them more for shit they won't actually deliver.

I own a drug store about 8 blocks from where I live, and over there I have the optic fiber Axtel for business thingy, 650 MXN aprox, including cable TV, 20 Mbps symmetrical ( I think, not there at the moment), never had any issues, we don't really have the need for super fast internet (look up meds names, sell cellphone credit, etc), and check the 8 cameras I've got set up.

Unfortunately, their optic fiber coverage ends up a couple of streets from where I live, so yeah, I'm fucked. Last time I was with Telmex it was utter shit, so yeah.

Don't they, like, group several modems under the same IP, thus if one nigga gets banned, that bñock gets banned?
Don't really know if I'm waiting their coverage. Fucking ghetto ass place I live in.

That doesn't sound right, I mean if someone gets banned why would they take away all the other paying customer's service?
I've had them for about a year now and have honestly encountered no problems
Unlike Megacable or Telmex it doesn't matter what time of the day you're on you get the same speed at all times of the day

Verizon FiOS, 1gbps no data cap, $70/month

Actual realized speeds are basically as advertised, 940/940mbps on speed tests and I've seen upwards of 900mbps in steam and P2P star citizen updates, torrents upwards of 700mbps.

Oh, I meant it like, if one guy from your block* gets banned on a certain forum, like the 4chins, everyone on that block* gets b& as well, since their modems share a common IP.

*citation needed, gonna look that shit up.

Also, just checked my bill, I'm supposed to get 20/5 Mbps, which I'm apparently getting on this test I just took, but check dat history graph. Couple months ago suffered through sub 1 Mbps speeds. They shield themselves saying it's because of how far I am from their dist. center, because of the traffic, because of maintenance, etc. And the IFT (Federal Institute of Telecommunications) allows it.

> Being a spic
> Switching to Telmex
> Ever
ISPs are a fucking gamble. Just stick with Megaable. Telmex could be far worse depending on where you live. It probably is

Megacable:
200 Mbps download
3 Mbps upload
Must pay $100 MXN extra per month for a "Public IP"

Telmex:
200 Mbps download
50 Mbps upload
Public IP included

Fuck Megacable

This is what canadian internet looks like

There is Bell, but unless you want 25mbit DSL there are not many other options.

Nobody cares. Build the wall.
>How on earth am I going to be able to see my goddamn security cams?
Too bad that you won't be able to see when they rape and decapitate your wife and daughters.

Lmao, 3mbps is probably just enough to send ACKs for a constant 200 mbps.

Verizon FiOS
no cap
$70 a month

>1,100 pesos
are you idiots ever going to get your inflation under control?

BUILD WALL

>>>/Mexico/

Axtel is god tier nigga, symetric speeds on every plan. Get it, you won't regret it.

I pay $20 for a 20/20 connection.

2mbps here, fuck my life back in 2007 I had 6mbps from a cable company in Quéretaro for like $200 with phone and TV then I had to move.
The best part is that it started at like 128bkps and then gradually in less than two years it went up to the 6mbps for free.

I want beaners to go

>What is your ISP/Bandwi(d)th/Monthly fee user?
YouSee
300/60 Mbps
418 DKK per month, or 56 EUR.

Behold, this is what paying for 300/60 Mbps looks like. Static IP, no data caps or other restrictions on what I use my connection for.

Switch to Totalplay faggot
I would glady go to your country and enrich your """"WHITE"""" culture

Totalplay user here.

Its OK. Got 20mbps download and 5mbps upload.

BUT, every fucking PORT is blocked. So you'll have some trouble to setup your security cams i guess.

VDSL2
80 down
20 up

Actually get

74 down
18.5 up

£37.50 a month with static IP.

Plus.net

>muh USA internet

Fiber optic 50 per month
800 up and down

Pesos are fucking embarrasing. With the burgermoney i pay for an In-N-Out combo, i can buy myself a steak. 50 pesos is sad for a steak. Thats like 2-5 dollars depending on the worth, which i havent checked. It usually goes between 15-20 pesos per dollar.

lmao, you mexicans don't even have culture

>Don't they, like, group several modems under the same IP

That happens with Megacable as well.

Also, this

Methanol comas and rape?

I also got megacable 200mb with 20MB UPLOAD
the problem is they have put everyone behind proxies and slow servers
download pingplotter, and ping anything, you will see how you are behind 7 servers, and high ping and packet loss

if you call and ask for "public ip" (ip publica) for 100$ pesos extra, you will be put behind 2-3 servers with low packet loss and ping

thats what i had to do, i used to pay 1300 pesos but now i pay like you 1100+100
so far so gud

Also the cable modem sometimes craps up and gets insanely laggy and has to be reset to be fixed :c

No mate, telmex is 7mb upload no matter what you pay, its right there on their website and contract, show me real speed test to florida or NY test and i will switch tomorrow

and i mean for around 1100-1300 pesos or less