What's the best keyboard for Android and why is it the good ol' Google Keyboard?

it's a fucking botnet. everything's recorded.

So? Do you have something to hide?

It's SwiftKey with the classic Holo theme.

For some reason I make a shit load more typos with GBoard

The only thing i like from gboard is the feature where you can move the cursor by swiping the space button, but i always hear "hackers keyboard" is a favorite here.

Are there any botnet-free Android keyboards around? Which preferably don't cost anything?

not him, but my pr0n tastes are...
I know raep pr0n's pretty common but I feel guilty

Fleksy

AnySoftKeyboard, Hacker's Keyboard

Post your keyboards.

The correct answer is Minuum.
Literally ANYONE who doesn't use Minuum is a disgusting casual.

Chrooma Keyboard.

Fleksy forever

ok

Fleksy was just bought out.

Minuum will fuck up your thumbs with it pushed so far down the screen.

I would try it again if there was a floating option - semi transparent would be nice too.

>anysoft
>hackers keyboard
both are chinese botnets

both are open source

What's the best keyboard for typing in multiple languages?

>you don't need privacy if you have nothing to hide

Well you have nothing to say so be quiet.

AOSP keyboard

Ok.... So it looks like it'll get less cloud crap but more bloat via crosslinking apps.

Welp I'm glad I've got an old apk version that I fortunately get no crashes with.

> This one

I know SwiftKey allows that, it's a Micro$hit botnet though.

please tell me that doesn't require a second tap/gesture to input secondary characters

Why the fuck can i not customise my fucking keyboard keys.
This shit is ridiculous.

This.
SwiftKey is the best.

There is a floating option. Go into the settings and turn it on; then pick it up with two thumbs and you can move it, resize it or do whatever you want with it.
There is a semi-transparent option, as well; sort of. When you float the keyboard, it automatically becomes translucent.

I use swype because I switched to it when it first came out and haven't been bothered switching away. The only problems I have with it is that it keeps deleting my custom dictionary on updates and it seems to have shitter completion on latest update.

Fleksy sucks desu. I don't know how to type ','

Hmm maybe thsts why I thought of those.

I mean I did give it a go and had a break from Fleksy for half a year and came back. I think it comes down to liking the swiping and auto correct.

Second to SwiftKey Neural. Which did full sentence prediction rather than one word at a time. God knows why they didn't continue with that... Hated the purple though.

WHY CANT I FUCKING CUSTOMISE MY ANDROID KEYBOARD.
FUCK

This. Any keyboards that I can add a simple > so i can greentext without holding a key or switching to the symbol page

a LITERAL keylogger lmao

sure thing