/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/QTEJ02JY-Headphone-Mic-Silver-Pro-HD/dp/B01NBAVDIG/
amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-QTER01JY-Original-Earphone-Headphone/dp/B019FBWOSA/
youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Say my name

Jeb Gollar

Best budget headphones coming your way :^)

from last thread

Dumb question. Does it matter if I buy earpads now or later to futureproof?

Do earpads go "bad" if they're just sitting in storage or something? dumb question probably but I just want to make sure. I don't expect the OEM earpads to be available forever for some headphones.

Is it true DT 880 has now sound stage and is horrible for movies, live music and vidya?

They're breddy gud, desu

What earbuds should i be looking at? Would prefer to spend less than $30, but can go higher if there's only trash in that price range. For the life of me I can't get comfortable with the newer style in ear earphones.

Nope, have them and tested many others, they do the job quite well.

Dt 770 dude here. I love them, no clue about yours though

whoa so this is the power of the HD800....

>has no soundstage
This is not true.
>is horrible for movies, live music and vidya
This is true. It will be fatiguing for all of these because of greatly exaggerated treble response.

Continuing from
What's the difference between these two? Hybrid QTEJ02JY vs Hybrid QTER01JY? I have the latter

amazon.co.uk/QTEJ02JY-Headphone-Mic-Silver-Pro-HD/dp/B01NBAVDIG/
amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-QTER01JY-Original-Earphone-Headphone/dp/B019FBWOSA/

So the ZS5's are your best bet?
What's shit is I can't find them on Amazon, except for £30 and they'd come in a month or so, which is too long. I might have to rule them out unfortunately

which is the best version of the o2?
or are they all pretty much the same?

The HD600/650 are the ones with no soundstage

DT880 has a decent soundstage

AKG K series headphones have even better soundstage at around the same price.

>narrow soundstage = bad
>wide soundstage = good
This is highly subjective and many will disagree.

this

Looks like the Sennheiser shills have woken up again. That was nice while it lasted.

Greatly appreciated

Your shitposting .gifs look disgusting, dude. At least make one other people would want to use.

irrc, the DIY version is the only good value now. There are better options nowadays. Fulla2 or various chinkfi.

I didn't make it.

Trips of truth. Sennheiser shills BTFO

Then you have bad taste in shitposting, my dude

>objective facts are shitposting when they don't fit my preferred narrative

Here you go, this made me think of you

>Treble rape
>Objective
What are you? Some kind of pussy boy with baby boy ears?

Correct, objective, unlike your links, which are subjective reports.

>treble rape literally off the charts
What a terrible headphone.

>t. Trust those graphs over your lying ears user

>someone has a positive opinion of Sennheiser products

SENNHEISER SHILL!11111!!!!!111

>The same shitposter with the same pics
Fucker should at least make some new shitposts before he retires

Who are you talking to?

>Budget
+/- $100
>Location
United States
>Source
Most likely MP3 players and laptops and such, other normie applications
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfort is preferable over absolute quality
>Sound signature
He's into techno and such so most likely slightly bass boosted, but an even sound is preferable
>Past headphones
Shitty over-ears

Helping my sister shop for her husband, what are the best over-ears that are around $100?

Status CB-1, Audio Technica ATH-M40x

>.gif depicting a fatal accident in your ear
So your smearing of the DT 880 is now just a positive opinion about Senn?
Come on.

This image is accurate.

I need a cheap and lightweight pair of headphones to use on the go with my phone. I kept breaking earphones so I bought the urbanears but after a year those broke too. What is the most durable pair of cheap headphones?
Call me a faggot but i'm honestly considering porta pro's.

You've been there, done that... But I guess headphones are subjective, so do what you want. It's either DT 880s or HD 600s with the no bass and treble if you can't handle that either.

Porta Pros are great.

Currently have the HE400S and the HE400i and the Schiit Stack. It's good, but I want to make a huge jump. Here's what I'm looking for

>forward mids
>spacious
>great imaging
>great soundstage
>slightly warm
>neutral bass (don't really care about bass)

I also have Etymotic HF5's which are almost ideal. Should I be looking at Stax?

What did Sennheiser mean by this?

NVX XPT100 (incredibly comfortable)

Akai Project 50x + LyxPro has 30 pads(ok comfort but sounds amazing for 18 bucks (25 with the pads)) bit warm

If you don't mind a slight bit worse comfort i'd get the Project 50x.

Can't go wrong with either though.

It means that user was uninformed and unaware that following the instructions in youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U will prevent the HD600 family from ever snapping.

>You need to follow instructions to prevent your headphones from snapping
>Sennheiser shills will defend this
>My Sennheiser 6XX snapped when I put them on a week ago
>My Sennheiser 6XX snapped when I put them on
>Snapped when I put them on
C H I N K S H I T

Sony MDR7506 or V6

by far the cheapest headphones I've seen that are built like a tank. They go on sale occasionally, dunno if $100 is "cheap" to you.

Earpads will need to be replaced because the stock ones are meh (but okay for awhile).

At least there's a known solution, unlike the Beyerdynamic design flaw, which will cause snapping no matter what you do.

both have replacement parts, go back to arguing over shit you can fix with EQ you faggots.

>There is a know solution
>Fucker literally snapped when put on
>Known solution
Ahh, yes, just buy our $100 headbands whenever you headphones snap!

Thanks, i'll add the V6 to a watchlist as they're over $100 maple dollars.

>Sennheiser Jews you out $100 every time your headphone snaps

701/2 and 712 same driver?
Impedance is the same
What's the difference?

>Beyersremorse

I mean, there's a lot of other things to feel remorse about...

Shhh... This is a shitposting board, user!

I see the MDR7506 as $140 canadian dollars but I swear I got it from Canada Computers for much cheaper before (somehow I'm remembering CAD$89.99 or something on sale). Even the shitty M30X is $100 on Canada computers now. what the fuck is happening

>Canada

Economy is fucked.

I bought the Shure 840s a few years ago for $180 and now they're approaching $300. The loonie is trash.

The Superlux HD661 are clones of the 7506.

Get it if you want something cheaper. It won't be as comfortable as the 7506 though with the stock ear pads.

If you can EQ the HD800 sounds like a perfect fit. Just tune the treble to your liking.

>people still unironically have headphones other than the HD800 as their endgame
Why do people constantly feel the need to be edgy faggots and use obscure gear as though it gives them style points?

Some anons use parametric eq while other anons use Sonarworks which contains hd800 profile (plus a bunch of others). This user suggests Sonarworks plugin cuz its easy and works great with foobar2000.

Sounds like a good path. I remember reading that HD800 doesn't pair well with Schiit stack (could be wrong though). Is that true?

Will schiit modi2 Uber + Magni 2 Uber be a good setup for my HD600s?
I want something good and that doesn't cost much money until I leave mom basement

Most likely audiofaggot nonsense. If you're concerned then just get a DAC/amp with measurements proving its transparency like the O2/ODAC. The stack is most likely transparent though so I wouldn't bother changing if I were you.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Yes.

Schiit is fine with HD800.
Magni 2 Uber has great specs for the money. Consider multibit if you can.

Probably because the hd800s have a lot of sonic discrepancies for the price that most higher end headphones in the same price range don't...

Are there any higher tier non IEM earphones. I have recurring ear infections that IEMs make so much worse.

VE Zen/Asura

Sennheiser hd25

So I made a friend at my new job and he had these crazy, huge, headphones from audeeze and they just completely blew me away. I've always just used the little jvc gummies and some logitech speakers at home so I'm fucking sold on hifi right now. I did some research and came up with this cart. I'm hoping it'll be good for both at home and my commute(train)?
I also like to use my earbuds when I feel like getting off the computer and faceplanting in my bed or when I go on walks so I want portable and desktop.
I'm in the US

>they have a bit of character
>that means they are bad
?

Anyone here compared HE400S and HD600? Tyll said that HE400S are better but wasn't sure if he was right.

Oh my portable "source" is just my smartphone thats why i put the portable amp in there, that would be just for the earbuds not the headphones

>Spending more money on earbuds than full sized headphones
Is there a reason for this?

any non iem earphones better than the VE Monk around that price range?

Well I'm probably going to use both roughly the same and I have no idea what kind of "sound" I want and everything says those are the most neutral. I don't want to spend $200 and get shit ones when the really good ones are only $150 more, you get what I'm saying?
I mean I'm posting here because I'm looking for suggestions but yeah both portable and desktop use are important to me

Recommend me a headphone for metal core/post fagcore/ rape

Not trying to go full bigger bass and lose all sense of clarity. I like my shure se215 quite a lot for this, but I need some daily driver over ears

Dunno about the 400S but the 400I are better yeah.

*nigger bass. phone posting is gay

Just saying, I'd rather have staxx or audeze

He-400i are much better than the hd600s. Don't fall for the $300 dynamic driver meme.

If it was me, I'd get the HD600, get used to them, then later get the ER4SR.

I don't see the value on buying both things at once. It's not like the shipping savings are going to be significant. If anything, the HD600 is at a good price right now, but the ER4SR is not, and might be at another point.

>He-400i
Trash QC from a company that has infamously bad support. Mids are full of dips and peaks. Absolute garbage. Avoid.

V-Moda M100 + XL Pads

Well like I said after hearing those audeeze(i think they were LCD or something?) I'm just totally disappointed with my shitty $10 ear buds and crappy speakers so I want something for both halves of the day because I really do listen to music A TON like all day.
I looked into IEMs and its like they're just all bad for one reason or another except those $350 ones

You'd be a lot more credible if you just removed the second part of your claim (because it's fucking retarded).

Yet, it shows clearly on measurements.

I cannot recommend a solution like Sonarworks. Its high frequency equalization will be very off for many users because of individualized ear canal resonances. Sinegen high frequency EQ refinement while visually referring to measurements and target curves as guides is the only way to properly EQ high frequencies.

This is a reminder that DiPolarDisorder is a shitposting troll who intentionally spreads factually incorrect misinformation such as "hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure" and refuses to back up his claims with credible evidence because he cannot. Do not take anything he says seriously, especially headphone recommendations.

>Mids are full of dips and peaks
You mean like the wonky veiled treble on the HD600?

Well, buying everything at once should be fine if you have the money, but I personally wouldn't.

You'll be trying to get used to the sound of both things at once. One is hard enough to do (in my own experience, it takes me no less than a week).

DAC-X6 should be fine and known to be good vs cost; Output impedance is known to be a little high, but HD600 is 300ohm so it absolutely doesn't matter. I do not know the portable one, so can't really say about that.

HD580

Pretending not to understand measurements doesn't help your credibility either.

FR, personal experience and every HD600 review I've seen agrees that the HD600 treble is done right.
>veiled
muh sennheiser "veil".

>muh sennheiser "veil"
muh "if it's not veiled it's treble rape".