Thoughts on the Asus ROG 27 inch IPS, 165hz, GSync, 4ms vs the Acer Predator with the same stats?

Thoughts on the Asus ROG 27 inch IPS, 165hz, GSync, 4ms vs the Acer Predator with the same stats?

Are these things worth their price?

>G-Sync

Small chips are very expensive goy, pay up.

4ms, nuff said

Is that really gonna matter for a non-professional level gamer tho?

Frame latency is the most important thing on a monitor. You can use one of those 1000hz tvs but you are still going to see everything after hit happened because the pixels take forever to change due to the hgh latency. Just get one with 1ms or less not even the refreshrate is that important.

165/4=41
So it is like playing on 41hz monitor that has 1ms delay,what is still smooth gameplay actually because human eye can not see more than 29fps.

Also why would non professional gay want 165hz placebo with g-sync? Does not make any fucking sense.

At that point 80Hz freesync isp panel would be much better pick.

Just look at the post above. He clearly lost his mind.

>4ms
>165HZ
>not professional
Juat throw your bucks out of the window and keep your old monitor. Probably a better casual gaming experience than buying those cadual traps.

Goy-stink

27 inch probably worst part,anything under 34
is not enought,also ultrwide is better far casual gamers .

there's an AOC and Viewsonic with the same panel as well. All of these monitors use the same old AUO panel with bad IPS glow and BLB.

>Q&A issues related to backlight bleeding out the ass
Both models (Acer and Asus) are cancerous and are a scam.
At that price point, the panels should be perfect.
Don't fall for the meme, OP.

Don't let anyone tell you the 4ms meme matters at all

it won't make ANY difference to the image quality and you will NOT notice it

think how long 4 fucking milliseconds is dude 1/250 of a second

acer has the fucking worst customer support
dont buy from shit companies

>dividing a second value by a millisecond value and resulting in second value
suuuure

Last Friday I bought 2 monitors with intention of returning one of them:
LG 34UC79G-B
Acer Predator

I was curious of ultrawides, G-sync and super high refresh rates, but my budget was still too low to buy get an Acer x34. Here are my thoughts:
-Ultrawides come in 2 resolutions, 2560x1080 and 3440x1440. The lower one is an absolute travesty at 34 inches. Coming back from a 4k screen I could not browse web comfortably, or play games with lots of small details. After switching to Acer, it was like night and day.
- Ultrawide as a concept is fun. I do like the extra space on the sides but in games you hardly notice what happens there, it's a bit of a waste of processing power.
- After 2 days of using LG I still could not get used to low resolution, after switching to Acer, I barely noticed missing space after 2 hours.
- I did test G-sync with my own eyes, it was my first time experience, and I have to say I was not expecting such a big bump in fluidity. It actually works.
- In the UFO testing, 165hz actually allowed me to notice more ship details, there was a difference from 144hz.
- My Acer has an awful backlight bleed in the bottom right corner, but I don't mind that that much.
-21:9 is problematic when setting up games. Every title is a bit of work to get it working, especially older stuff. Even new games can have fucked up UI

Overall I'm keeping the Acer and returning LG. If I had the money, I would get x34 + 1080, but Acer is the second best imo.

This Acer "Aspire" (to get a better computer) with its celeron J1900 was obsolete before it was even manufactured.

>4ms
>forever

Chances are you're getting like 5-10x that much delay from your latency

>AU Optics
Yeah nah

I have the Acer XF270HUA and I too have what I thought was backlight bleed. Turns out it is simple IPS glow. If you move further away from the screen the glow lessens. Put your nose right up to the middle of the screen and boy do those corners glow. This increases the larger the display you have unfortunately. TN and VA have their own pros and cons of course and OLED is not suitable for static displays (plus is very expensive).

I own a PG279Q. From reading on the forums, I've come to these conclusions:

>both the Acer and ASUS are the same panels
>ASUS apparently has better QC
>both have terrible BLB problems
>a big majority (~50%) of the first couple batches were returned

You can find a PG279Q refurbished on Amazon warehouse deals. It'll be a panel that was returned and fixed, thus no BLB. That's what I did. Pic related.

>1440p meme

Why tho? Run downsampled 1440p on ur current screen you wont get much of a improvement and its a 10+ year old resolution, at least 4k is future proof

Microsoft HoloLens replaces monitors.

>OLED is not suitable for static displays

Yet they use it for smartphones.

>thinks they actually bother fixing that shit and don't just run a basic test to see if ti lights up then re-box it

>Guy with 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti
>Buys 27" Gsync monitor
>Always brags about how good it is and how fast and in sync it is
>One day I go around
>it's running at 60hz
>refresh rate wont change
>Check cable
>hes running displayport active adapter to vga cable to displayport active adapter
>He didn't want to buy an overpriced DP cable

reminder the effect is placebo. i sold an old asus monitor as a gsync monitor for 150 and i had 10 offers and literally let them bid, ended up getting 220 for a monitor that was worth 50 at best due to being old shit 2010 era TN