What linux distrobution do I use

What linux distrobution do I use.

I just want to use my PC and be comfy.

Debian

Doesnt have to be linux. It can be GNU, BSD, Windows, Mac, or whatever. Dont listen to fat neets who sit in their basement ricing, get what you need with no compromises

Manjaro.
It's not a server. On a desktop machine you need new, modern packages

gentoo

If you have experience on Linux, then any distro you like (Debian based recommended, rpm is shit).
Just keep in mind, if you want it comfy you must make it comfy by yourself, it's like buying a house or making a toy car, you must accomodate it in order to make it like you want it to be.

QubesOS is actually pretty sweet and user friendly. The ability to paravirtualize multiple machines for different purposes makes it especially fun to use.

Would suggest Fedora if you just want an install-and-go nothing to learn, stable linux distro with plenty of packages to choose from

>what is Debian testing

>shit
Do you think a distro suited for desktop use isn't better than a server distro that has an "alternative" branch for desktop use?

Debian has no 'default DE' its more hacked togeather "not sure if proper" bullshit
Try again.

What do you recommend then?

Manjaro or any arch based user friendly distro that has already all the tools required for the user after the install. I've had Ubuntu for 2 years and it was an unstable buggy shit when used with PPAs, in arch based distros you don't have this problem. I'm going 5 years straight with my last install. As it's rolling release you don't need to upgrade it every once in a while

You use Manjaro XFCE?

void linux. it's neat.

>no nvidia driver support
>takes hours to start and shut down even on ssd
>complex vm abomination
Qubes not for normal useage

>on a desktop machine you need new, modern packages
you don't "need" new packages. new code almost always introduces new bugs and vulnerabilities. the only upside to having a newer package is new features. i will always choose stability and security over bleeding edge. if you can afford downtime to troubleshoot shit that breaks then go arch/debian sid

Manjaro

Install gentoo

Solus.

The only Linux distribution of worth is Ubuntu. I've tried them all.

i think i might have to agree with you
i distro hop every now and then and always end up going back to ubuntu

he said he want to use the PC

Ubuntu

b8/10

>>Raspbian

ubuntu gnome 17 04