HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sup Forums gets cucked again!

recode.net/2017/7/31/16037126/reddit-funding-200-million-valuation-steve-huffman-alexis-ohanian

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/science/comments/6qwdgo/google_searches_for_how_to_commit_suicide/dl0nhuw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reddit
Go back to your echo chamber kiddo

a massive propaganda site that uses its influence to create more racism get more funding out of nowere

WHO WOULD HAVE KNEW!

They're like twitter. Valued at multi billion but not making any money.

And reddit tracks users link clicks and sell to advertisers. They also have advertising on the website. What more can they do to get more revenue? Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

I give reddit 4 more years of survival

>a massive propaganda site that uses its influence to create more racism get more funding out of nowere
So, literally Sup Forums?

yeah but with more money

>tfw reddit shilled here and got some of its original users from Sup Forums
Also sage.

Valuation doesn't mean anything until they sell for real, I could value Sup Forums at 3 gorillion but that doesn't mean anyone is willing to pay that much.

(((huffman)))

>tfw too broken and jaded to use reddit
I can't fucking stand that place. If you don't preface your post with "Oh I totally agree" or "That's an excellent point" and suck everyone's dick nobody gives a shit what you have to say. Not to mention if you're too controversial they literally stop you from posting more than once every hour, so you can't even properly respond to people.

Hello :)

>they literally stop you from posting more than once every hour
can't you just make multiple accounts?

>you're too controversial they literally stop you from posting more than once every hour,

>SHIIIIEEEET
i just got why frog is reddit
>whebbit
get it?

no one would buy that piece of shit anyways

It's not anonymous so that kinda defeats the point of discussion if you make multiple accounts because it looks like you're doing the equivalent of samefagging. Not to mention you can actually read every one of someone's past posts if they didn't delete them. You carry all the stupid shit you've ever said with you every time you post.
If you go somewhere like /r/politics and post something out of line with their liberal dogma they buttfuck your karma which keeps you from posting frequently. You have to post for a while in a way that guarantees upvotes to get your karma up, which is why it's such a circlejerky positivity feedback loop. It's also why nobody ever wants to post something that might make someone a upset there.

reddit is a better site

It has a much less clutter, and posts that aren't useful get downvoted and you have to dig for useless posts

Say if you were on a webdev subreddit and asked a question about freelancing, the very top response would be the most useful one, and the bottom one would be a troll or useless filler.

Only virgins that have no life read Sup Forums posts. If you were to post a question in say /wdg/, you'd get salty shitty replies and would have to filter through the shit just to get to a half-decent answer.

Non-autists have no time to fuck around with some angry virgins and their bi-polar insane posts.

This is why Sup Forums is useless.

>and posts that aren't useful get downvoted and you have to dig for useless posts
That's not how it works though, the posts that you don't agree with get downvoted so no discussion happens at all. It discourages shitposts but it creates literal echo chambers where once you realize the ideology of the board disagrees with you, you go somewhere else. You can't post on /r/politics if you're not liberal for example.

For some boards it's fine, but any board based on actual discussion it's fucking cancer.

the censorship there is insane

Hello friend,

I don't mean to discredit the opinions of anybody whom may disagree with you but I do understand your points.

Edit: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

I'd be much much more worried if Sup Forums raised even as little as 1 million.

> muh racism is bad
wow kid your autism is showing.

So?

Stop and think for a second. Would you want Sup Forums to suddenly get 200 million in funding by some rando billionaire or investment company? What would that imply for the site? For management behind the scenes?

Pray it never happens to us and we just stay with j-list for the rest of eternity.

[removed]

Reddit is pretty self sufficient but it's true that they basically have no profit.

>Less clutter
Nigga what? Sup Forums has no usernames, no fucking reading diagonally, no censorship votes, and it's possible to respond to multiple trains of comments in a single post. And has a great mobile interface by default. "Less clutter" my god damn ass

S A L T Y
A
L
T
Y

>muh racism is good
Top quality hypocrisy

Who cares, the less obscure a website is the worse it gets

Clearly you don't remember that sage goes in all fields

Expand the site further and giving it more features. Their team is fucking retarded. They could've literally be tumblr + twitter and they just realized this.

>implying it isn't.

I used to use it about ten years ago, it feels like there was a wave of highschoolers and gaymers took over the place around 2010 and then in 2011 a wave of political OPs took over the place and with it came Sup Forums they took over the place and now recently there's a wave of "memes" taking over the entire thing where its such a clusterfuck you can't even browse the main page, it looks a lot like digg when it began dying.

It objectively isn't even if you agree with it as a tool.

I'm just going to point this out, if I wanted an actual discussion about information tech, physics, mathematics, or any intellectual discussion without hearing retarded things like "cuck, nigger, newfag, kek, redditard," ect. I'd go to reddit. The community in 4 chan is like that fat kid that thinks his own jokes are funny. But they arent. Thats why you people complain about reddit, because your shit posting would be down voted and no one would read it.

If I wanted to occasionally find a good joke, I'd come to Sup Forums, but I'd have to sift through a thousand pounds of shit to find something original enough for a laugh. This site was great before 2010. Now its just a cycle of stupidity.

And yes there was shit posting back then, but it was minimal. These days every 3 posts is aids.

>Normie data sold to who knows for mere shekels
Gj dipshits

this so fucking much. gookmoot is already selling our data, having another owner doing shady shit will be too much.

Great point, and I agree with most of what you said, but I personally prefer something different. Basically, my thoughts are more along these lines:

GET

THE

FUCK

OUT

Sup Forums already has millions of users per week.
It's about as normalfaggy as it can possibly get without becoming redundant due to reddit.
So yeah, I'd like to see someone invest that much into this shithole and finally kill it.

This desu

Sup Forums is fun, but not made for serious discussions

hope the guy on the right is natsoc

Sup Forums is reddit

A general rule of browsing Reddit is that the more number of subscribers in a subreddit, the shittier it is. Any subreddit that has more than 100,000 subscribers is pretty much a red flag unless the subreddit is reasonably moderated.

inb4 t.redditor

not as cancer as jailbreak, atleast.

So you're addicted to contrarianism?

Fuck off dumbass. Their layout still hurts my eyes and I have been unable to figure it out despite programming and majoring in CS for 3 years. Stay over there faggot

>too brainlet to understand reddit
>calls others a dumbass

My reddit experience:
>somebody links halfway interesting article
>go to comments
>nothing but shitty puns/obvious jokes upvoted to moon
>~60-70% of comments are deleted
>close browser
>never again
>repeat every 6 months

Reminder that the founder of Reddit was killed by the CIA for not giving them access.

I thought he leaked the DNC's emails.

Nah it was cause reddito stole all those journals and articles from JSTOR

Dude, I'm here since mid 2006 and this always has been the same. Stop trying to "bait" to get a (you)
>I'm just going to point this out, if I wanted an actual discussion about information tech, physics, mathematics, or any intellectual discussion, I'd go to reddit.
Fuck you, I hate you so much. Pretending you are above the usual 4chimpz user makes me mad.

Sounds terrible.
Here's my reddit experience:

This is true.

>Redesign
D I G G
I
G
G

>j-list
Didn't they leave?

Wow we got social media culture expert here.

A general rule of browsing reddit is that even in a smaller subreddit you still aren't allowed to disagree with the majority if you want to be heard at all.

Imagine what mechanical keyboard threads would be like if you weren't allowed to tell people that their hideous artisan keycaps made them faggots and their keyboards look like shit. Imagine if you had to give them compliments instead. What if, instead of going to a thread about the Go programming language and legitimately complaining, you had to go to a Go-related subreddit and act like you enjoy the language in order to get help? What if you weren't even allowed to discuss alternatives because they were off-topic?

TL;DR the tyranny of the majority ruins any chance of honest discussion, no matter the size of the community.

>Not to mention if you're too controversial they literally stop you from posting

The reason they're even valued anything is because they purged any controversial content from the site to appease advertisers. Reddit used to be more liberal in what content you were allowed to post but they were unprofitable and got bounced around a few different places until they finally cleaned house. So like you said, its become an echo chamber where only a specific set of opinions are allowed otherwise you get banned or you can have your subreddit taken away from you by admins and handed over to someone else.

They also really gave advertisers more access and user data and bullshit to play with, because traditionally reddit was against ads, and had only a tiny little square banner where the subreddit info used to be for adspace. That was obviously unprofitable so they did all sorts of sneaky shit like increasing the banner size, allowing advertisers to make their own subreddits and pin them at the top, now they dud some company profile shit. And of course, they don't give a shit about corporate shills coming in to advertise their products.

reddit used to have a decent programming community years ago but that slowly got fucked out of existence by the administrators in order to appease a greater audience and advertisers to become profitable

Maybe you should stop posting garbage if you don't want it to be down voted. Nobody wants to read your unfunny, unoriginal comments that add nothing to the discussion anyways, so it should just be discarded.

>Imagine what mechanical keyboard threads would be like if you weren't allowed to tell people that their hideous artisan keycaps made them faggots and their keyboards look like shit.
It's a place where you're forced to be civil and not an ass.

>Imagine if you had to give them compliments instead.
But you don't. It's calling ignoring them.

>What if, instead of going to a thread about the Go programming language and legitimately complaining, you had to go to a Go-related subreddit and act like you enjoy the language in order to get help? What

If you were looking for help you would go to a thread for help. If you were looking to criticize Go you would go to a thread for that. The two don't mix.

You're getting it wrong, again.

>be me
>go to reddit
>go to some default sub
>top comment is something either somewhat insightful or a personal story
>everyone else that replies to him makes a shitty pun to ride the karma train
>"ebin :DDDD xD Le edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger *tips fedora*"
>youll get downvoted to oblivion with the disagree button
>liberal politics is brought into every other default sub non-politics related

I only go to leddit for specialized subs, ive gotten free stuff and good finds from reddit (links, 3 giveaways) heh reddit even gave me 4 years of reddit gold for free by downloading their iOS app. plus i had one year of it for control-f'ing a song edit for a post in /r/polandball.

default subs are the most cancerous shit ive seen. top post a few months ago was a fucking /wifesharing post.

on reddit its retards trying to be smart, and on Sup Forums everyone is or is acting like they are dumb (a la a level playing field)

fuck that site

Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger! Include me in the /r/Sup Forums screencap!

DAE remember when reddit was 99% r/atheism and r/f7u12?

Oh wait, reddit was always shit. It just used to be edgy teenager shit, and now it's nonstop leftwing politics with a big containment zone for t_d.

Everyone talks about these horrible comment chains but never links to one. I agree with you in that the default subs are trash; but do you judge Sup Forums based entirely on Sup Forums? To do so is very silly.

Did you ever stop to think that *discussion* shouldn't be limited to "either paying compliments or ignoring things"?

Apparently, not, I guess. Fuck off to reddit, retard.

>reddit gold

always found it hilarious that they intentionally cuckold users into a shitty website experience so they need to give them money for access to what essentially amounts to regular UI features.

Do you ever think that trolling is pointless?

>"You are a faggot newfag keyfag fag fag who uses newfag faggot keys, faggot!"

ill link you one if you want.here: reddit.com/r/science/comments/6qwdgo/google_searches_for_how_to_commit_suicide/dl0nhuw/

also thats why i come to Sup Forums. has better shitposts and all too.

I'm not quite sure how to say this...

Oh-Han-E-Un? Oh-Han-E-An? Oh-Han-Yun? Oh-Han-Yan?

lol get this

>need gold to block ads and tracking
>need gold for a system wide dark theme without shitty reddit chrome extension (i dont use chrome anyway)

Leave, please. Don't come back to this website.

me again, for those who dont wanna visit

Why don't Reddit users care that they're literal cucks? Why don't they value what it means to be a man in all sense of the word? In "The Sun Also Rises", a 100 years prior to now, Hemingway has a character described as a steer yo his face, to devastating results to the character's sense of self worth as a man. Why, in today's age, do people laugh off being called a steer, a cuckold, a cuck, etc, and claim the insult childish and nonsensical?

He's right though, trolling is pointless past 15 year olds venting angst and you don't have an argument in response.

Top tier argument. At least try to have a debate. I don't use reddit. But it's not fair to shit on reddit when Sup Forums has its own plethora of issues.

>it's not fair
No, it is, retard.

>need gold to see all your subreddits in a drop-down list

because they were raised that way. funny thing is when i was raised in kindergarten every boy wanted to be the fastest runner in PE to get girls. it probably isnt the same anymore

Back to /qa/ butthurt teen

You go. I've been here longer than you have.

reminder of how Reddit "works."

Sup Forums is basically reddit now anyways

this is to true. i remember before skylake-x launch i was telling people it was going to be lackluster, overheat, and poor overclockers. that and we already knew the level of performance since it was based on skylake. i was called an idiot who didn't know what i was talking about. got down voted into oblivion.

and now look, i was right. but did any of them eat crow? of course not.

same thing with ryzen. i made a valid argument with ryzen on auto voltage with xfr. how certain software abuses how ryzen boosts with xfr, causing a high average voltage. i'm talking about 1.45-1.5v's average for an hour straight just browsing the web with a few tabs. caused by putting small loads on the processor, then immediately taking them away, and then putting them right back. since ryzen only boosts with small loads, it keeps the processor switching back and forth between 3.6ghz to 4.1ghz every few seconds. causing voltage spikes going from 1.1vs to 1.45-1.5v's every few seconds. i was called an idiot keyboard warrior with hwmonitor. i was finally vindicated when i had messaged amd-robert who actually told me what I observed is normal and shouldn't cause any long term effects but is something they will look into as he could see maybe some issue happening if all the user does is sit there doing these small loads for hours and hours on end.

reddit HATES the opposite opinion with their downvoting system its abused to HIDE opinion they don't like. and people wonder why there is a war on speech. comment about:
>it promotes being civil!
its total horseshit. you can be civil and polite all you want, but will be down voted into oblivion because you had an opinion the hive mind didn't agree with. could be as simple as saying "yeah, no, i don't agree. i don't like eggs. they smell." the system is abused horrendously.

The joke's on you, I always write my posts in a way that will result in the most (you)s possible.

>this whole thread

Downvoted you hurt my feefees

>insert lame ass pun and/or overused song reference

GIB GOLD

Its been the same shit for the past 12 years. Sup Forums has always been a place for lulz and shit.
There are serious discussions going on, they are just disguised as shitposts.

>disguised as shitposts
my nigga

This is the level of debate that is pretty much expected. When you have no quality of life, and have nothing reasonable to say, just shit post and spread your HIV.

>J-list
user, I...
Twice.

You're just showing how technologically inept you are by posting arbitrary traffic estimates by some shitty 3rd party service that relies on even shittier data collected by browser extensions installed on Poo In Loo PCs ... tell your shilling supervisor to provide you with better graphs

I don't follow OP's argument. So reddit is good because it raises money?

Also it seems to imply that Sup Forums is cancer. This part we all know already, we're just more upfront about it.

4/10 made me reply

First off, criticism is not "trolling", it's simply stating that you don't like something. On Sup Forums, you're allowed to say that you stand either with or against the popular opinion about the topic at hand. On reddit, your only choices are to either stand with what's popular or remain silent.

On reddit, it's totally OK and implicitly encouraged to make vacuous posts in agreement with the popular opinion. Are such posts "trolling"?

If they aren't, then why are vacuous complaints about popular things "trolling"?

The answer: neither are trolling. If you think one is okay but the other is not, then you are part of the problem.

Secondly, as says, you can ignore stuff you don't like. On Sup Forums, you can simply learn to ignore the shitposting; it has practically no impact on usability once you get used to it. However, you are the one choosing what to respond to and what to ignore. On reddit, the decision of what you "ignore" is made for you, and it isn't based on quality of argument or good discussion.

Daily reminder that Reddit is owned by Conde Nast and imposes censorship and data collection on it's users. The upvote system itself is designed to silence opinions of people you disagree with, which is why Reddit is so full of homosexual leftist faggots.

what did he say? some have a mirror somewhere?