WWY when VEGA was confirmed for being an absolute turkey

WWY when VEGA was confirmed for being an absolute turkey.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1080_aorus_11_gbps_review,15.html
gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
youtu.be/UxQdS0pbpKo
vf.se/kristinehamn/bilbrand-i-centrala-kristinehamn/
vf.se/kristinehamn/vidtar-atgarder-efter-oroligheterna-i-centrum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that the 64 or the 56?

Source and other resolutions

guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1080_aorus_11_gbps_review,15.html

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT.

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH.

>1080 performance
>$100 less
Whats the problem?

1080 is $500

Because you can get a 1080 for less than $500 already if you look around.

>I have never seen different results in different benchmarks
Unless it's the same benchmark, two numbers do not correlate.

It's like $20 less and double the power. Same story with the 1070, you can get one for $399 now same as Vega 56 MSRP.

Only reason to get Vega is if you're an AMD fanboy or need it for Freesync.

'AMD is using the flagship Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid cooled models in most of the benchmarks and this variant has the highest clock speeds of all. In performance tests, AMD used a reference GTX 1080 against their RX Vega 64 Liquid edition and most of the results were on par with the GeForce solution. The difference here is that AMD is calling RX Vega 64 as the smoother option for the same price.'

RTG would be finished and bankrupt if not for AMD's CPU division.

JUST WAIT™

THE DRIVERS WILL FIX IT

Source?

HOL UP

Where do you think? Fudsville.

Shame that pretty much all professionals use CUDA

CUDA is irrelevant when no Quadro can handle large datasets.
:^)

Isn't the air cooled Vega 64 rated at 345w? Honestly that's my only hold up with this card.
>inb4 hurr why do you care, it's only $0.25 more per year to run!

Cost is no issue. It's just more power means more heat. More heat means more noise. All so I can get the same performance as a card that uses 180w (stock) to 230w (heavy OC). As someone with no freesync monitor, this card does little to entice. HBM2 is sweet though. Waiting on Nvidia to use HBM2 or a price drop on Vega 64 ($400 range), whichever comes first. Either one is already faster than my 980ti.

Freesync/Gsync are marketing memes anyways. You don't need either of them.

>You don't need either of them.
You don't need IPS panels either. You don't need accurate mouse sensors either. You don't need a mechanical keyboard either. You don't need audiophile headphones either. You don't need literally 95% of the shit shilled on Sup Forums - consumer electronics.

Time to buy a 1080.
t. freesync monitor owner.

>Isn't the air cooled Vega 64 rated at 345w?
No, it's not. that's liquid, also peak should be more interesting than tdp, gtx1080 has tdp of 180w but can consume upto 320w

Not that user, but doesn't g/free-sync need the game to run in fullscreen mode to actually work? If so, what the fuck is the point when most run their games I'm borderless windowed mode?

>No, it's not. that's liquid, also peak should be more interesting than tdp, gtx1080 has tdp of 180w but can consume upto 320w
SHHHHH. Delet. Oy. You are wrong.

You can also shuntmod 1080 then OC it properly.
Makes a noyce housefire.

>Not that user, but doesn't g/free-sync need the game to run in fullscreen mode to actually work?
Yes and no, there was an update and it looks like it 90% works in borderless windowed mode now, kinda. Seems like you'd still want to run it in fullscreen for the best utilization of the effect though. Overtime I'm sure the technology will only get better.
>If so, what the fuck is the point when most run their games I'm borderless windowed mode?
Using exclusive fullscreen isn't exactly the worst thing ever

>gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3004-rx-vega-64-and-vega-56-power-specs-price

>As for power tuning, we asked whether this was just tightening of the power target or if actual power performance features were enabled under the hood. Turns out, RX Vega isn’t just a matter of restricting power target, they’re actually doing something for power optimization. We couldn’t get explicit examples at this time. One thing we do know is that the voltage targets change, so voltage checks are at different frequencies than FE, and voltage should be lower. We’d expect that this will align with our findings in the undervolting testing on Vega: Frontier Edition, where power consumption can equalize while improving performance. It’s still AVFS, but just a better tuning profile than FE.

>We also asked AMD’s architects, including Mike Mantor, about whether DSBR was actually disabled in Vega: Frontier Edition or whether it was just a rumor. The architects loosely confirmed that tile-based rasterization was in fact disabled for Frontier Edition’s launch, which we think mostly aligns with statements about pushing the card out in time, and noted that DSBR will be enabled on both Vega FE and RX Vega on launch of RX Vega.

Everyone knows that.
People just want to shitpost.

Ah ok I see. Well I hope they perfect the tech behind borderless window and freesync. I can't use fullscreen because it always fucks something up. I'm usually doing something else on another monitor while I game on my primary one. Encoding, ripping, or even just a movie. When I want to alt+tab out, 99% of the time the game I'm trying to minimize will freeze and I'll have to close and re-launch the game.

Borderless windowed adds triple buffering in windows 10 which can't be removed, which seems completely counterintuitive for a freesync/gsync output.

Ayyyyymd steady decline past year

Are they finished yet?

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

>MSRP for one vs "you can find" for the other

>PC NUMBER OF CPUS PER COMPUTER
>4 CPUS 52.06%

DELET DIS

>THE DRIVERS WILL FIX IT

>implying pooinloos can fix it.

T-There's nothing wrong with AMD d-drivers

The 56 is for december

This, find a rx580 for msrp

both of these are things you only understand how important they were once you have used them in real life.

So it turns out we still don't know how much power RX Vega cards will consume and how fast they will be until we get some independent benchmarks from reputable sites?

How shocking.

Then why is AMD releasing benchmarks? They wouldn't advertise broken performance, right?

Novidya cheat on PQ to get thier fps numbers up.

The performance graph they showed in BF1 is on par with a 1080 so that's about what we'd expect in most games, with a few games like Doom being above a 1080.

The aircooled version is 60% more TDP, not double. And I can guarantee you NVidia fudges their power draw numbers.
>Pulling bullshit off WCCFturd
They're full of shit, AMD is using the aircooled version for testing at the same price point.

Vega 56 is also launching in the 18th you mong

While the raw power beats 1080ti by 10%? strange

Except that's all you always see from AMD. AOTS, DOOM and BF games. They literally go even with Pascal's 1080 in couple of DX12 games and Vulkan just like Fury X against 1070. However both AMD and Sup Forums's shills ignore the remaining 95% of games in people's libraries that still use DX11 or Gamerworks where 1070 is 20% faster than Fury X and its going to be the same case for Vega.

We'll see the full results in two weeks.

Looks to be roughly a 180w average

Lo and behold, the 1080 is specced for a 180w tdp on Nvidia's own information page

I'm just really happy I got the RX 480 for

Source

>Uses 300w
>Nah they say its 180 so its 180

>Hurr durr I'm a retarded nigger faggot look at meeeeeeeeeeeeee

300 watts

performance
>>$100 less
>Whats the problem?

1. You can get nonreference 1080 for 500$
2. Its 500$ for a reference Vega, aka jet turbine

>Uses 300w
>Nah they say its 180 so its 180

They say 180W TDP = thermal power output, not electical power input.
You do know TDP is not directly power draw right?

Yeah, the difference is you can actually buy a 1080 right now while you have to wait until September to get Vega for the same price

>Buying Vega for 1080 price
>Buying 1070 performance for 1080 price

Nobody will be that retarded.

>le 1070 performance meme xDDDDDDD

Drink bleach.

>Nobody will be that retarded.
I can assure you AMD fanboys will be

poo in loo

Both benchmarks show different results with fury X.

41 in top bench and 49 in lower bench.

Thats 17.8% difference. Meaning to be truly fair you can scale the top bench by 17.8%

To be truly fair the Vega bench needs to be scaled 17.8% landing it at67fps.

7fps better and beating it by quite a bit

Nvidiafags on suicide watch

>yfw you didnt fall for VEGA hype

>Implying this also wouldn't mean that Nvidia goes up

GJ.

Wow. Now way that you are this retarded.

>most run their games I'm borderless windowed mode?
Source on this claim?

Absolutely this

Source?

But I like borderless Windows because my multiple monitors with hentai meme

Every day someone has to tell niggers the difference between TDP, average power draw, and peak power draw.
Trolling or not you're all just stupid.

Peaks =/= average

My coffee maker peaks at 1200w when it is switched on. Does that mean it draws 1.2Kw for operation? Nope, it averages 700 watts, meaning it draws .7Kw over its entire run time
Likewise, the 1080 peaks at ~285w, but the sustained average is ~180w. Peak power =/= sustained load. Everything has power peaks, the peaks are irrelevant. The average over a running time is what people talk about when they talk about power usage.

My cars peak output is 260Lb-Ft torque, but most of the time its average output is 65-130 torque (on the highway). Comparing GPU load to car output at a given RPM, while still convoluted, is probably the most relate-able.

They even streamed the VEGA live testing
youtu.be/UxQdS0pbpKo

wait a minute so almost half of people who have steam have only dual core cpu ?

laptops for normies and fags with mid-range 2006-2008 PCs

Look at the clockspeeds. It's all old shit or craptop territory.

No they have 2 CPUs

>Only reason to get Vega is if you're an AMD fanboy or need it for Freesync.
or not being kiked by nvidia jews

reminder that pascal can't async, shit dx12 and vulkan perf, incomplete dx12 features and the already confirmed nvidia gimpworks. Prepare for gimping when volta arrives while vega continues to get improved

and they are trying to gimp vulkan too, implementing gimpworks

>Implying the 1080 Ti will perform less even with its architectural disadvantages

That's ok, Ncuckya fans toss their GPUs out the window every two years like good little goys anyway.
And anyone else that bought less will be SOL.

Nvidia fans will just buy another card way better.
Yep maybe in 3 years rx vega 64 begins better 1080 ti but nobody care

>maybe in three years the vega will be better
>meanwhile there will already be a fuckton of new architectures that perform far better and more efficiently
Ok while you're getting 1080 performance for 400 watts I'll be getting 1080ti performance at 150 watts

Eh, no. Architects don't. Mechanical engineers don't. Structural engineers don't. Animators don't. Modelers don't. Texture artists don't, neither do lighters.

Faggots that use Unity to maek l33t gaymes do. That's about it. You'd be surprised how many industries use CPU rendering over GPU.
And the reason why professionals use Quadro cards aren't for the hardware, per say, it's the driver support that goes with it. That's why giant companies like Autodesk have specifically certified drivers for their versions of software.

Have you ever actually worked outside of a retail store?

All that you mentioned use CUDA

t. mechanical engineer

All of our software is based in CUDA

Right now, AMD is just trying to get a foothold here. If they can even do that, they have a road to progress on.

do you even know what cuda is retard?

If you read the slide endnotes they confirm they're using the air-cooled 64 for benchmarks. Dumb cunt

>tfw starting mech eng course this year

I-its not that h-hard r-right?

>CAD software uses CUDA for rendering bruv

CUDA acceleration is common in nearly everything
No you'll be fine, just watch out for thermogoddamnics, it's a bitch

>Only reason to get Vega is if you're an AMD fanboy or need it for Freesync.
But freesync is $300 less than goystync, so you're saving sooo much more if you look at the big picture.

>The difference here is that AMD is calling RX Vega 64 as the smoother option for the same price.'
>smoother option
Called it. I knew that they were going to say this. Where the benchmarks Doom, and Ashes of the Singularity?

Freesync is quite nice tho

OH FUCK! someone tell Ming to delet thread!

It's real nice to know AMDumbfucks are truly morons
>adding the percentage of a smaller number to a bigger number

Or you know....tope one is more accurate than bottom since it's actually AMD marketing

>>Because you can get a 1080 for less than $500 already if you look around.

If you mean the cheapest 1080 you can buy anywhere in Sweden right now is 5999 SEK which is $740 and you think $740 is the same as $500 then you're right. If you, however, accept the reality that $740 is a bit more than $500 then you're very wrong.

>Same story with the 1070, you can get one for $399
Nope. the cheapest 1070 is 4900 SEK which is $603. That's $200 more than $400.

This may change if AMD VEGA cards become available, though. Right now there is not a single local store that has any AMD graphics cards other than the RX 550 so NVidia can basically charge what they want. The 1060 has also gone up in price a whole lot lately.

>Being a cucked swed
>Prices are cucked also

Lmao you really are a laughing stock huh?.

>you really are a laughing stock huh?.

I'll probably reveal too much about myself by sharing this but I'll do it anyway.

I live in a small town which used to have about 20000 people. The we added about 2000 immigrants during the last 3 years.

This is a news story from a few days ago,
vf.se/kristinehamn/bilbrand-i-centrala-kristinehamn/
another car-fire. The source is my local paper, you'll find these in every local paper for every town in Sweden but it's never ever mentioned in any national paper or national media or international news media for that matter.

This funny piece was published in the same newspaper two days ago,
vf.se/kristinehamn/vidtar-atgarder-efter-oroligheterna-i-centrum/
yet another local article about "emergency" meetings between the social services, the police and the local governing bodies because there has been 10 car-fires and 3 robberies during the last 18 days. They sat down and talked and decided to do "something" and that something amounts to hiring a few more security guards during the weekends.

Do you still question if Sweden is or should be the laughing stock of the world?