ITT post how much mp3s you got in your music library

ITT post how much mp3s you got in your music library

#!/bin/sh
files=`find . -type f -not -path "*/iTunes/*" -not -path '*/\.*'`
dc -e "
25ddk+d+
`grep '.mp3' -c

I don't need that command to tell you that I have zero MP3 files in my music library.

bro just use a fucking gui wtf is that nerd shit lmao

>he has only mp3 in his musics folder
absolutly barbaric

why does the script not output a full number?

> MP3

because it'd make more sense to know percentage wise?

You have 3.7 mp3s?

Wtf is an mp3? Are they those things music comes out of on Google Play Music?

DONT RUN THAT COMMAND IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS

Have fun with rotational velocidensity, iFag.

I have an ssd so i dont have this problem

Lossy extension that replaces frequencies with a white noise generator. Absolutely garbage

Mine has also some .wma from back in the day when I ripped my CDs with windows media player and didnt know how to change it to mp3.
How mad does this make you?

This. Opus for listening, FLAC for archiving.

I thought you would say some stupid shit like that, fagnigger.
With a hard drive's spin, the electrons cam flow straight from the read head through the motherboard to the CPU, but with the flash storage array inside an SSD, it's harder for the electrical charges to propagate through the several bitline gate arrays and end up in the CPU, so the SSD controller actively tries to compress any data that goes through. As a result of this, your MP3s are further degraded in quality by the time you hear them. Your only real solution is to convert your MP3 files to WAV and store them on hard drives.

Stop posting heretical garbage. Rotational velocidensity is a stale meme.

>Opus
>Implying
fuck off retard

>he doesn't capitalize his name

Why, Daniel?

I'll stop posting it when it stops being true.

now run it again, we'll see how much of your mp3 have deteriorated due to rotational velocidensity in this time

I regularly delete my entire library and start over, I usually never have more than 100 or so songs at a time. I obviously regret this sometimes, but my musical tastes change so much, even when I do listen to the few remnants of my old music, I find I don't enjoy it anymore anyways. Still, I should probably keep them around just so I can hear more than ~120 minutes of music whenever I go on a long trip. Had a 14 or longer hour flight and just kept listening to the same songs on repeat, kek

I'd be seriously impressed if that gui can do what OP's command does and show you the precentage of mp3s

i have 1600 songs rn, but i like to listen to them over and over too.

Youtube is my MP3 library now.
Can someone explain why it wouldn't be possible to use some kind of light sensor with direct line of sight to probe and extract packets from LiFi networks please?

I think this is hacker code don't use it guys it will hurt your personal computers bad xD

Less than I expected.

holy shit thats a lot of lossy stuff. how do u sleep at night.

Bretty gud.

Your command is really ugly

awk "BEGIN { print $(find -iname '*\.mp3' | wc -l) / $(find -type f | wc -l) * 100 \"%\" }"

What is this? Streaming?

Post the whitepaper or study in which the technical details of this "phenomenon" are described.

32 most of my music is ripped of CDs in flac format
Yeah I fell for the flac meme.

>Not knowing that Opus is the best lossy format available

>not using spotify
just lmao at your life losers

1983 songs.
Most of it are mp3s but some of it is ALAC.

MIT niggers are in cahoots with the Apple Internet Defense Force and won't research anything that would help unveil the global conspiracy that dupes consumers into buying billions of dollars worth of hard drives and keep rebuying music they already own.

rm -rf

>lossy
Retard detected.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as White Noise, is in fact, Discreet Cosine Transform, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, DCT plus Sub-band coding. is not an coding system unto itself, but rather another component of a fully functioning Loosy coding system made useful by the MPEG 2 layer 3 libraies, encoders and vital ASIC components comprising a full Codec as defined by the MPEG consortium and Fraunhofer Group

[OC guys whatya think ?]

let me interject for a moment. The white noise you are referring to is actually discreet cosign

>[OC guys whatya think ?]
Dumb as fuck, kill yourself.

Did you even read my first post? I keep convert to Opus from FLAC for listening purposes only. The FLACs are still on my storage server.

>listening to lossy music
How does it feel to be an earlet?

last.fm
>awk
slow as fucc

Windows is more elegant.
:^3

i use youtube-dl to download music from youtube and it's readily available in m4a so i don't have any mp3s

Opus is for streaming voice over a network, are you retarded?

ITT butthurts about the audacity that someone wouldn't use their MKX babushka formats

>earlet
wouldn't know, I'm not into jewelry
CAPTCHA: "Select all images with jewelry"

>LOOOL i'm so contrarian for insisting to use the same shit every drooling normie uses despite being told it's the worst piece of shit out there
>proud 2b deaf
fuck why do you even post here.

>slow as fucc

As if that's gonna matter for one division operator

None since mp3 quality is shit

What was I thinking?
>optimized
Desktop\poop.png: SUCCESS: 18110 bytes originally, 13920 bytes final: 4190 bytes saved
It took me 15 minute to save you all 4190 bytes.

>i'm so contrarian
You are, though. If you really think MP3 is "the worst piece of shit out there" then you're probably like 8 years old and have no grasp on reality whatsoever. You're as bad as the audiophiles with the meme cables.

doesnt werk on my machine :(

mup beep nice meme

Weird
What kind of find do you have?

It's optimized for that, but also excellent for music.

BSD find does that, install GNU find.

There's really no reason to use mp3 anymore when opus compresses far better than v0 or the higher bitrate CBRs at 1/3rd of the size

Opus is a multipurpose format. It's was literally designed as a successor to both Vorbis and Speex.

what the fuck is that command?
is that a troll?

do you know how to use 'du'?

>literally
From xiph.org
>"Opus: IETF Interactive speech/audio codec'
>"Opus is unmatched for interactive speech and music transmission over the Internet, but is also intended for storage and streaming applications. "
Go be stupid somewhere else.

>du
>du fuck
>du fuck yerself

user, your effort was not for nought.
I chuckled and clicked your optimized png.

I am totally serious here

what the fuck is that
dc -e "
25ddk+d+
`grep '.mp3' -c

>slow as fucc
are you just repeating memes you saw on the internet?
I use awk in.the worst, most inefficient ways possible and have the command run several thousand times during my script and it still works quickly, but now I am curious to see the difference if I switched to a more efficient language.

>find . | egrep "mp3$" | wc -l

I am happy you chuckled for that is my whole purpose for interacting with others here.

Had I been on GNU+Linux, I would have further optimized the image by reducing the size of the terminal window. Sadly I can't have good things.

Try LOGO or Haskell.

Unironically incorporating LOGO into the project

What are you talking about? Any modern Awk is very fast.

> Opus for listening
With... what?

> best lossy format available
Honestly, what I care most about right now is that it's the best audio format for newly released kpop musicvideos on YouTube. The Opus streams are usually 24bit 48000hz at a higher bitrate than the best AAC 16bit 44100hz option.

>convert to Opus from FLAC for listening purposes
Again, with... what?

I know I'm going to make a few of you mad but I actually frequently convert OPUS to FLAC, not the other way around. The Benjie T6 doesn't play OPUS, nor does my oldest tablet (Android has had OPUS support since Android 5, so newer things play it). If it's FLAC then I play it as FLAC, if it's not then I play it as is if that's possible but if it's not then I convert lossy to FLAC. It's not like a 64 GB SD card is expensive these days.

I certainly hope you are serious.

yeah that is pretty wack

F:\Music
λ find . -type f | wc -l

97.7854%
i convert all the flac, everything that isn't mp3 is just text and images

whats the point, I don't hear the difference
audiophiles are retarded

>awk
slower and it doesn't even accomplish exactly what OP command does

>slower
Think about what you are saying, dumb fuck. Who in this blue earth gives a shit whether a one-line terminal command is 27 tenths of a second faster than the other? Do you just hear people say that a lot on Sup Forums and wanted to fit in

Someone who is gonna run that command more than once. Also
>also running recursively a directory twice
Ugliness.

The fuck
There's one operation here that awk does - a division. That's it. On my old Android phone awk here takes about 0.04s to do that.

My command does pretty much the same thing as OP's - prints the percentage of mp3sin your music library. What do you mean about "not accomplishing exactly what OP command does". Is it the fucking loss of precision? Or did I not filter "iTunes", and that disqualifies it?

>>also running recursively a directory twice
If you have a big string in bash, passing it to grep to prevent subsequent finds is much slower. Yes I did time it - I had to recently remove that "optimisation" from my script which runs on a huge number of files.

Let's time it.

I meant the filtering. The iTunes is Mac specific but not ./. if you have playlists, covers and other scans.

As for the other part, if you say you time it then it seems I was wrong.

Just use Spotify my dude.

GNU find and bash

For busybox find your version seems to win by about 100ms in 20 runs

>I meant the filtering. The iTunes is Mac specific but not ./. if you have playlists, covers and other scans.
Ah yeah then sorry, I don't store that, just assumed it's something other Mac-specific

I use winshit for my multimedia station

that script seems more complicated than it has to be

none because i just use pandora :^)

It's for a percentage, but if you're going to try correct him, at least do it right.
find . -iname "*.mp3" | wc -l

How much of that is of the type mp3?

I understood that reference

Any android 5+ phone. Save your Opus in OGG and it works natively

Rockbox can also play Opus

how can you listen to that screeching woman!

25,946 apparently.

mp3 are the standard lossy format and they work fine. What are you, a disklet?

>backticks
>not $(...)
kys

>2017
>using .mp3