He spent all of his money for a monitor supporting 4k resolution when he watches 720p anime and plays 1080p video games

>he spent all of his money for a monitor supporting 4k resolution when he watches 720p anime and plays 1080p video games

Is 4k the greatest scam ever?

t. Poorfaggot

You forgot about font rendering

I don't watch anime on my 4k monitor.
That's what my 4k TV is for.

Also 4k gaymen is a thing

No VR headsets are

>1080p video games

What did he mean by this?

No it's not a scam if both parties benefit from the deal.

The manufacturer makes more money by selling a more expensive product and the consumer has a better experience because he/she bought a product with better specifications.

how you been Jordan?

I have a 4k TV and you can't watch anime because the subs look fucked.

Try fucking with the calibration a bit, that shouldn't be unfixable

It's not the colors, it's the subs itself looking like shit with a terrible font etc. Unless there is a way to use MPV on a 4K TV, then it's not worth it imo.

>not upscaling anime to UHD resolutions with waifu2x
>not owning a good enough video card for 4k gaymen

>not using NNEDI3 or RAVU to make those 720p anime look like they are in 4k.

>jokes on you, I'm using a 1366x768 60hz IPS monitor

>upscaling
die

>1366x768
>IPS
Lies.

Fantastic, have a new hobby.
It's hot sauce eating

???
LG have them
18.5 inches

I get better subtitle font rendering you poorfag. Sour grades much?

>not watching anime on a 15 inch CRT monitor
Currently binge watching Cowboy Bebop on a monitor I got 20 years ago. Comfy as fuck, being a nostalgic manchild has never felt so good.

I play games at 4k with 1080 sli, and frequently watch 4k 60 fps youtube videos, so I'd say I'm utilizing 4k screen to it's full potential.

>he doesn't play games with 1024x768

I bought a 4K monitor for reading PDFs and writing code at laser-printed 190PPI while lmaoing @ plebs who will fuck their eyes 5-10 years from now due to atrocious font aliasing.

My 1080 also plays 95% of games at 4k60 ez pz. The only exception are some unoptimized AAA console trash about which I don't care

>posting worst girl