RIP Vega FE

RIP Vega FE

nVidia just released Titan Xp driver that annihilates everything AMD has once again.

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/121776/en-us
tomshardware.de/vega-benchmarks-workstation-leistungsaufnahme-gaming,testberichte-242375-6.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-1730-radeonsi&num=2
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/01/new-test-pilot-experiments/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The driver itself:
nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/121776/en-us

It took Vega FE for them to ungimp their drivers. Bravo competition.

What's the point of Vega FE now?

Won't argue with competition being a good thing. Shame about non-prosumer cards from AMD.
A sort-of fedora to put inside your desktop PC if you're a fanboy and not an actual content creator.

As far as I can tell, I can't find anywhere to actually buy a Titan Xp anymore, so it has that going for it. lol

tomshardware.de/vega-benchmarks-workstation-leistungsaufnahme-gaming,testberichte-242375-6.html

Here are some other Vega FE workstation benchmarks against a P6000 and some others.

You tried, pajeet

At those prices it's 50% more expensive than the Vega FE so maybe if the performance increase isn't worth it for some.

3dsmax 15% NVidia
catia 36% NVidia
creo 45% NVidia
energy 6% NVidia
maya 43% NVidia
medical 4% AMD
showcase 24% NVidia
snx 200% AMD
solidworks 5% AMD

Not looking very good for AMD here but maybe they can improve performance with drivers? Maybe if you really need whatever workload SNX is?

>pajeet
Rude. I just checked PCPartpicker.

>post detailed percentage comparison
>get retarded shitpost spam in reply

Yep it's Sup Forums, biggest shithole on Sup Forums. Don't know why I even wasted my time.

not more retarded than blaming nvidia for being good for miners. kys AMD poorshit

Because it's the only way you can feed your son, pajeet.

Just waitâ„¢ for drivers bro.

Guess I should just give up on having anything remotely resembling an intelligent conversation seeing as this board is full of nothing but human trash.

they just disabled the telemetry when running benchmarks.

Joking aside, it seems to be that they pulled optimizations from the professional Quadro driver for the prosumer Titan Xp card to counter the Vega FE.

I especially like the AMD Syndicate logo.

the $150 i saved on a freesync monitor will pay for at least the first 6 months of home insurance when my vega liquid edition burns my house down

Needs updating, Nintendo is using nVidia now.

>waited for a literal year
>1080ti comes out
>keep waiting
>its fucking nothing

least i finally know what card im buying

in 5 years the "newly released driver" will just kill older cards, like nvidia always does
just realized that my 980Ti wasn't that good of a purchase because of that driver thing

meanwhile AMD increases performance even few years later

>Testing with SPECviewperf instead of SPECapc
Gee, I wonder why the used the ancient version?

>fell for finewine bullshit meme

Boy do I like competition.
Titans was demoted it overpriced toys and they are back to being prosumer cards again?
Thanks pajeet & jacketman.

>don't know how to make drivers to support your product
>take years to come out with something decent when it's already outdated by a plethora of other products of varying prices
>claim that your product gets better with time
>mfw clueless retards actually fall for this

Let's not deny Tahiti/Hawaii aged better than anything Kekler.

Nobody is denying it. It's just a fact that AMD doesn't come even close to nvidia when making proper dx11 drivers. They took years to come up with decent ones and still have MUCH higher API overhead than nvidia drivers. I bet the same is going to happen with Vega, but by the time it gets there, it will already be an irrelevant product and will still remain a 300w+ housefire.

>overhead meme
Come on.

>if I call things a meme, they stop being a thing, right guyze xD

But let me guess, in the next second you'll go around praising Directx 12 and Vulkan for how they help AMD when properly implemented completely clueless that the very reason why it happens is due to their low level API overheard, amirite?

>It takes a move from AMD for Nvidia to unlock features in the products they sell

Yeah, right, that's when I'm never buying their shit.

Because Tahiti/Hawaii is superior to Kepler, but AMD does not have a good driver. With the time, AMD was improving the driver and GPU was "gaining more power", being that the only problem was precisely the drivers.

>AMD releases drivers that bumps cards up 10% in dx12 and with ayyysync
>WOOOOAH BASED AMD BEST COMPANY FINE WINE
>Nvidia releases driver that bumps up performance by 100%
>woooooow they finally ungimped their cards they gimped gimp gimp gimp
You guys gotta grow up

This.

Same shit with Jewtel.

They intentionally removed performance aspects of their pro drivers from working with Titans you fucking fanboy shill.

the fact that nvidia released that driver was the biggest wake up call to devs around the world...

it would have been better for them not to enable them at all than to release that driver

>it's a big conspiracy they gimped it waaahhhh

Reminder to report shitposters.

>everything amd has
Even the SSG?

>those mean shitposters are hurting my feefees I need my safe space for AMD

More like it's impossible to have an actual discussion on this shithole without it being derailed by retarded fanboys.

who's dat

>654% increase

This was either artificially gimped before, or they are manipulating the workload on a driver level. There's no way you can optimize a task that much.

>IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT AMD THEY ARE RETARDED FANBOYS
>GIMP GIMP GIMPXD FERMI

>Implying the gimping shit was just made up
You don't see a 50+% performance increase from optimizations. That shit was just plain turned off. Stop being a dipshit.

Why would they hurt their pricey pro-GPU sales by releasing a cheaper alternative? Wake up boy, last time nvidia wasn't a non-profit lmao

What it should show to both AMD and nvidia customers in how far ahead nvidia is.

>Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh they gimped my Titan eeeeexd

I hope lisa su hangs herself dumb incompetent bitch. Last time I believed amd lies.

I NEED MY SAFESPACE FOR AMD TEAM RED

You don't want anything more than a fucking shithole where you can shit everywhere with zero consequences.

I NED MY SAFESPACE HOW DOD THEY DO IT 600%
IM SHAKING IN MY RED BOOTS

Bloody hell.

After the disappointment that was Vega I wanted to buy a GTX 1080, but seeing how Nvidia once again fucked over their consumers I'm going to buy Vega after all.

Fuck Nvidia.

and you think that enterprise segment is happy that they sold a pegged card to them and they only decide to release its potential because amd actually created a damn perfect card?

yeah unlike Sup Forums they do care about their money you know
but as i said before once amd finishes their support on radeon ssg nvidia is finished from enterprise in a blink

REEEEEEE MOMMYYYYY

>He thinks the enterprise segment is going to buy AMD
>He thinks they're not just going to take Nvidia's bribe money and keep sucking the Jew cock

Just don't say "gimped" or you might trigger the NVidiot currently shitting all over the thread.

>AMD created a damn perfect card
Hahahahaha

>take Nvidia's bribe money
No, that's Intel. NVidia just fudges their drivers.

how does this even make sense? also get the 1080 ti. i have a 1080 and it's not that good for 4k60 even when OC. i'm gonna buy 1080 sli soon hopefully i can get 4k60 now

when you get your direct competitor the RED CEO a company that single handlely controls the entire hollywood render segment and shills on radeon ssg with fucking proof
www facebook com/jarred.land/posts/10154878409465415?comment_id=10154878470535415¬if_t=like¬if_id=1501276190497990
and even worse shitting on nvidia for they lack of support you dont really need anything else

thats why i said that nvidia releasing that driver was a bad move cause they single handlely showed their entire segment that they flipped them off

>600%+ performance gain
>fuck nvidia

>thats why i said that nvidia releasing that driver was a bad move cause they single handlely showed their entire segment that they flipped them off
They don't care, flipping people off is SOP at NVidia.

I had 1080sli
I would recommend against it though, switching to a single 1080ti is a much better experience

Yes, from ungimping their drivers.

yeah and thats why amd created project 47 and 2 studios in hollywood and london..

nvidia cant compete with ssg at any single level they cant even release a card with that tech cause its patented already

>damn perfect card
>gets fucking demolished by a driver update a few weeks later
Oh shit lmao

>it was gimped wahhhh hold me mommy

i'll try the 1080 sli first. i can't see myself ever buying amd again anyway since they're dropping crossfire forever.

Try to read first maybe?

I'm *really* impressed with these results from NVidia. These gains are on-par and as impressive as the performance gains the free AMD GPU driver has made the last month or so, see phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-1730-radeonsi&num=2 for those very impressive results.

A 50-100% increase in performance, regardless of it coming from NVidia's binary blob drivers or the free AMD drivers, is totally welcome. Too bad AMD's not made any improvements at all to their own driver, though, so I guess those who use Windows or their binary blob on GNU/Linux are screwed.

Yeah, sure was a pretty tactically well-timed driver-update.

You clearly haven't looked very hard. Locally there's a few RX 550's available from AMD and that's it, that's all you can buy. They don't have anything at all on the market. Titan XPs on the other hand are widely available and in-stock in every single store.

Wahhhhhhhhh safe space

>I'm *really* impressed with these results from NVidia.

Looks like they just toggled on their quadro optimizations

I need my team red safe space raja mommy heeeeelp

yeah in order to save their faces they brought titans to quadro levels
now what is the reason to buy a quadro?

>just toggled on their quadro optimizations
Perhaps, perhaps not. Did quadro cards actually previously have these gains over the Titan XP?

Regardless, I can't look at these results without being very impressed with them. It's not like I'm a fanboy since I don't buy nvidia cards,
they just aren't an option (GNU/Linux user). 50-100% increase in a performance is significant, specially so from a company that's well known for crippling, not improving, drivers for their cards.

I don't know why you'd buy a quadro or a Titan XP for that matter.

>Did quadro cards actually previously have these gains over the Titan XP?

That's what I'd expect from optimisations for professional applications. They've gone for cannibalizing Quadro sales and maintaining the CUDA empire rather than risk AMD and OpenCL through the door.

>thinking drivers alone can give 100% boosts in a aged platform
silly user. drivers can only go so far, and not this fast.

AMD cards are good options to buy used a few years down the line. You'll save some cash, and the drivers would be mature enough for daily use.

because the TAM of those companies are always on enterprise segment?
why you think amd made the ssg? or why you think they made 2 versions of project 47 one for crunch and one with ssg's inside?

>titan xp is now on the level of quadro p6000
>two quadros can handle 8k footage at 1/8th quality preview in real time
>a single SSG can do the same at full quality
More like Titan XD

>maintaining the CUDA empire
Can't last forever when AMD has Radeon SSG Pro up their sleeve.

>blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/01/new-test-pilot-experiments/

I don't understand what i am looking at here.

>SSG
We don't talk about that.
t. leather jacket man

Psh, like AMD fans can afford real coke cola bottles to piss in.

Moar like store brand cola.