/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/content/very-important-sennheiser-hd-580-hd-600-and-hd-650
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2010/05/headphone-equalization.html
innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-frequency-response-part-one
hauptmikrofon.de/theile/1986-3_Standardization-of-studio-headphones_JAES-1986.pdf
vbn.aau.dk/files/227876689/2008_Hammersh_i_and_M_ller_AAA.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the second best headphone behind the MrSpeakers Aeon?

Id say beats since dr dre invented the headphone

I heard his fostex mods at the new York audio show. I was very impressed

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Good IEM for £50 please. I'm not very fussy, mostly for usage in Phone and Laptop

Beats by Dre.

ZS5 with Spinfit tips

>Budget
$150 max.
>Taco Land (add around 20% to price)
>Source
Sansa Clip
>Type of headphone
IEMs
>Comfort level
Just need them to stay in place.
>Past headphones
Soundmagic E10, ATH M50

Need something I can use for my daily commute. Considering RHA m750 and Shure se215.

Where can I get the ZS5 in the UK without waiting?

I just got FX X6. It is not bad device and it sound great. Plenty of power too. Only complain s power adapter have very shot cord.

GR07 Bass Edition
You could pay more for shipping to get to you quicker. They are chinese IEMs after all.

asked around last thread and decided to get pair of ATH-M40Xs, the flat sound and detachable cable was deal breakers. hope they are durable and even somewhat comfy.

Etymotic MK5

The m50x are pretty clampy, not entirely sure about the m40x

suppose it's just the new material of those cushions, probably ease out over time. Can always get new pillows of course. But we'll see.

I've never tried beats. Does this thread hate them because they sound bad or just because they are overpriced?

Both and their build quality's shit.

etymotic mk5 if you don't mind paying an extra 9 quid

>detachable cable was deal breakers
What?

Does anyone know what the sound quality is like on Bose QuietComfort 25s?

i was retard, i meant that having detachable cable was one of the reasons i chose them, i used wrong words.

Is the Etymotic ERMK-5 just a refresh of the same thing?

nah that's just the full name of the product

Just snagged these. They sound great.

Glad you are enjoying them, user.

How do you guys download your music? I usually download a YouTube video using a converter set to 320 kbps.

>YouTube
Don't use those shitty converters. Torrent, rutracker or a music distributer like their soundcloud page or SoulSeek

Youtube audio is 128kbps. Yes, really.

>not buying audio tapes

Are there full-sized headphones that measure better than this?

>Koss Portamemes

There was a time when Sup Forums recommended portapros all the time, then it switched to the m50s and now it's the hd 600

Audeze LCD-1s and 61671588
Now find something new to shitpost, you dumb 600 poster.

>LCD-1
Inferior high frequency extension.

And everything else?

They are actually somewhat close to HD600 response plus sub bass judging FR wise.

They certainly measure very good; better than any other Audezes. It's a shame only 25 were ever made.

user asked for better headphones, I gave user better headphones

Silly geese

>the more poorly sealed channel of an HD600 measurement with both channels poorly sealed
>independent of direction compensation
Into the trash it goes.

Also the poorly sealed LCD-1 channel.

>Poorly sealed excuse
>Again

>/hpg/ is starting to turn against the HD 600

>It doesn't fit my narrative so it's wrong.

HD600fags should have kept it to themselves.

>HD 600 owners starting to turn against their own kind

>Budget
$300
>Location
USA
>Source
PC but willing to purchase DAC/amp if need be and would welcome suggestions
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy but sound is more important
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
Portapros

>Mfw your average shillheiser shitposter starts attacking his fellow shillheiser fan and accusing random anons of being me without the trip.

Fidelio x2
Hifiman he-400i
Ath-ad1000x

HD600, obviously. See and innerfidelity.com/content/very-important-sennheiser-hd-580-hd-600-and-hd-650

>Falling for Sennheiser bait
Also, don't recommend Fidelio X2s as neutral headphones. They're niggerbass at best; good niggerbass, but niggerbass nonetheless.

This is a reminder that DiPolarDisorder is a shitposting troll who intentionally spreads factually incorrect misinformation such as "hrtf graphs have an inverse relationship with how a headphone should measure" and refuses to back up his claims with credible evidence because he cannot. His HRTF claim has been thoroughly debunked by:
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2010/05/headphone-equalization.html
innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-frequency-response-part-one
hauptmikrofon.de/theile/1986-3_Standardization-of-studio-headphones_JAES-1986.pdf
vbn.aau.dk/files/227876689/2008_Hammersh_i_and_M_ller_AAA.pdf
Do not take anything he says seriously, especially headphone recommendations.
>in b4 he falsely claims he has debunked these links while refusing to link to said "debunking"

AD1000X

>MOM! I POSTED IT AGAIN! IM TOTALLY OWNING THIS TRIPFAG

I would recommend an HD600 and a Fulla 2. If you find the Fulla 2 doesn't provide adequate volume for your taste you can get a Magni 2 and use the Fulla 2 as just a DAC, but you will probably find the Fulla 2 adequate.

>Personal bogeyman
This, again? Pic related

>X2
Bass-heavy. Not neutral.
>HE-400i
No upper mids and peaky treble. Terrible build quality and even worse customer service.
>AD1000x
Not neutral. No bass.

>Fedora talk
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>H-he insulted my favorite headphone! I'm going to pretend I understand hrtf and he doesn't! P-please listen to me don't listen to muh Boogeyman!!!!!

It's the natural order of things, to much shitposting, shilling and/or bashing always result in a reaction of equal amounts of shitposting.
Imho it's a good thing, it clears things a little, people start suggesting more options to newcomers and for a while the thread produces debates with more depth.

This too is bound to end for a new shitposting cicle to begin, and so on.

>when the mods couldn't handle the beyer funposting

>I've pissed off this one faggot so much that he repeatedly shitposts in favor of his precious memeheiser hd600s while actively pretending to understand hrtf is some comprehensive way (which he doesn't) and thinks that I will even bother replying with more evidence to support my claim when he will actively deny the evidence no matter what I say and show him.

I automatically assume tripfags to be shitposters, so that's not surprising, but thank you for the heads up.
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll read up on them.

>No bass
Gee, almost like something else on the list...

>shitposting is a good thing

It's a nice distraction to all the Sennheiser spam and shilling

>still posting that tired, debunked claim
Also, HD600 will never snap if you follow the instructions in youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U

>people recommending quality products is a valid reason to shitpost

>Having to follow instructions to prevent your headphones from snapping
>Quality product
>Not chink shit plastic

Pic related

>The same graphs again
Why even bother? Anything that doesn't fit in is going to be assumed as a "poor seal" anyway.

Don't forget the join my drop gaijin, he he he

For portable use and having a life-time warranty the portapro is still not bad option, besides, the three headphones you mentioned are in different price ranges.
Happens all the time, as it should, this board is for debating technology, not shitposting, pic related, CG would get his posts deleted all the time.
>shitposting shills cause shitposting reaction
>original shitposters lose ground
>more suggestions start popping up as a result
>more people questioning said suggestions and trying to back opinions with data
>shitposting mitigated
>actual debate takes place for a while before it starts again

How did you take "shitposting is a good thing" from that i will never know, but it shows how new you must be, things work like since before the first /hpg/.

Le happy chinaman strikes again

Low key wanna cop. Might replace my 400is with these.

PC speakers always win, baby!

This just in: plebians enjoy bass boosted to retard levels.

When are these beauties being released?

Drop starts the 3rd. No info on shipping but my guess is it will be in your hands around Christmas time

They're 400i's in a 400 enclosure with Focus A pads

This just in, any more bass than HD 600s are automatically niggerbass.

Source: Sennheiser shill

How much will it probably cost? Would love to try something different.

Sounds smexy. Hope it runs for a while.

Thanks for the help, Sup Forums. Just ordered HD600 and a Fulla 2. I'm excited.
I'll be sure to do the thing in that video when I get them. Thank you for the helpful link.

169.99 ameribux

Enjoy your shit build quality and 2 left earcups

Really? Uh, that's much cheaper than i thought, might actually try to buy it and have someone send it to my country.

Those Hifiman hinges are as fragile as Beyerdynamic hinges, that is to say, extremely fragile.

>Sennheiser shills unironically believe being able to compete against speakers
Sad!

That actually sounds appealing, i have my DT880 for about 5 years and they are fine, anything that lasts at least as long shouldn't be bad.

I advocate for HD600s and willingly admit that once you drop a couple hundred on quality monitors that no headphones can compete with speakers. Speaker use is obviously not practical for all situations, though.

Can't be as bad as the Chink shit plastic the HD 600 uses, right?

will a fulla 2 be enough for the fostex t50rp iii's?

Is the Fulla 2 powerful enough for the HD600?

It will get it loud enough but sounds kind of thin to me

What do you mean by thin?

>sounds kind of thin to me
>solid state amps make a difference in sound quality
>dacs make a difference in sound quality

>Budget
Around $150
>Location
USA
>Source
PC but will probably get DAC eventually
>Type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or Closed
closed
>comfort level
Comfortable, please. My current headphones are hard to keep on for long. My ears may be small enough to prioritize sound quality, though.
>sound signature
whatever is good
>past headphones
I've used some cheaper Sony headphones before, and currently have a Monoprice set (which I think is model 108323). The best thing about it is probably the modular wire, so if I can find another set with a modular wire, that would be great.

The opposite of full