How is this news to anyone?

please crash please crash please crash please crash please crash please crash

Because muh big bad darknet currency.

Isn't that the point of a mixer?

>be me darkweb merchant
>sell drug to some idiot, he pays in bitcoins
>he gets caught by police
>police knows his bitcoin wallet address
>thanks to the genius invention of bitcoin, every transaction is recorded in the blockchain
>police investigates the blockchain
>they see that the guy paid me
Oh wow, such anonymous, very safe

Anyone who thought bitcoin is anonymous is a retarded CIA nigger

>Oh wow, such anonymous, very safe

All they know is your Bitcoin address. The one you can get just by looking for illegal dark net services. In either case, there's plausible deniability because anyone can claim that your address is their own and post it for illegal activities.

There is no way to match your name to your wallet. It's as anonymous as Sup Forums with ID's.

So not at all then?

This.
It's better to call bitcoin pseudonymous. And if done correctly your wallet can not be traced back to you.

You don't know what the word anonymous means.

>realizing BTC is not anonymous
>the largest BTC mixer didn't know

How hard is it to invest 2 minutes of research before investing probably millions of dollars?

Stupid question incoming but what is a "Bitcoin mixer"?

where are the guys that treated bitcoin like the new oil ?

that's true as long as he is hoarding money in his wallet and never spends it, which he won't do. as soon as he spends money new connections can be drawn and if feds have enough info about people who interacted with his bitcoin wallet the risk of finding him is increasing.

they can confiscate his computer and find his wallet

they launder your bitcoins so you can come out clean

but since EVERYTHING IS LOGGED IN THE MOTHERFUCKING BLOCKCHAIN, THE VERY THING THIS ENTIRE MEME IS BASED ON it's next to impossible

so they went bankrupt

world market cap under a billion when?

they send your bitcoins out to hundreds /thousands of wallets together with other people's bitcoins and from those they send them to an address you specified

it's basically transforming a transaction between wallet A and wallet B to many transactions between many wallets to obfuscate the fact that your bitcoins moved from A to B

I don't really care about this stuff but it doesn't seem impossible

>transaction between wallet A and wallet B to many transactions between many wallets to obfuscate the fact that your bitcoins moved from A to B
Which is fucking retarded since everything is logged in the blockchain. It's not like you're exchanging 200 dollar banknotes for 20s and nobody will know where it came from.

Everything is fucking logged by design.

isn't it anonymous tho?
>use throwaway wallet to transaction
>move money to primary account

A "wallet" is just a number, if you're paranoid keep it on a edible paper with edible ink.

The movement from throwaway account to primary account is public information in the blockchain. If someone knows your primary address, then they can see who sent him what amount of bitcoins, and thus they can reveal your throwaway account, with which they can also track down the address that donated you the money in the first place.

In related news, Litecoin is still skyrocketing.

Up to around $45 from the $10 it was at 6 months ago.

who here ordered the Bitmain LP3+ when it was still $1300?

I ordered 3. 6 months in advance as soon as they announced it.

One of the worlds first ASIC Scrypt miners.

Expected output is around $2000/mo per machine

Plebeians need not apply

excuse me, L3+

Not if you use a muxer.

>What is tumbling

Muxers are the same, except with a lot more people and addresses. That doesn't mean someone some day won't be able to link all the addresses to actual people, especially with machine learning and shit.

>It's as anonymous as Sup Forums with ID's.
Which isn't all that anonymous. Just because anons are literally called anonymous, doesn't mean that to be the actual case. It takes very few steps to realize who somebody is. It's like proclaiming credit card purchases are anonymous because you did it through a fake named paypal account. It still links back, in this case your ISP knows all rather than your bank.

Lmao legit worst drug dealer ever.

My mom knows what tumbling is ffs, she's the best. I love you ma.

duh

I thought that the concept behind this was to pool the money from the 'dirty' wallet, and then, after a delay? at the same time with the others? making splitting transactions, new wallets, and then transfer the money to the other wallet (NOT THE SAME ONE OBV, YOU DOOFUS), and you shits here are making it out like EVERYTHING IS RETRACEABLE FBI WILL FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

So in other words you have to go out of your way to remain anonymous, as you currently do without bitcoin. Truly a revolution FBI could never.

Trade Bitcoin for dash
Trade dash for Bitcoin

/Thread

>keeping your Bitcoins

TOP FUCKING KEK

It's only anonymous if you want to keep the fact that you have bitcoins a secret. As soon as you buy something, they know that address belongs to you.

>It's not like you're exchanging 200 dollar banknotes for 20s and nobody will know where it came from
That's not exactly what they do. It is more like you and a bunch of other people each pull $200 in 20s from your bank accounts. Instead of depositing those bills with in theory traceable serial numbers into a new amount, you deposit your 10 20s in 10 different destination accounts of other people. 10 people deposit a 20 in your destination account. That way you get your money from A->B without actually having moved your money from A->B. Mixers will typically do several intermediate rounds of this before depositing in the destination account. They may also mix all the incoming coins with their own pool of at rest coins to further obfuscate.

Yes everything is logged, but with dozens of people, hundreds of wallets, and thousands of transactions, it becomes difficult, though not impossible to track.

Why do you jackasses think that buttcoin laundering services exist? Are there really people that are this dense?

Bitcoin is a Jewish trick to get the whole world on one currency. Do you fags seriously believe that some Japanese NEET invented this and gave it away for free? Pretty convenient that nobody knows who he really is.

i bet these crackas dont even know about prepaid cards and cash

LOL

lemme use bitcoin where all transactions are logged and visible to everyone

HAHHAHA

are you a fuckign retard
>what is disposable wallet
>buying Amazon PrimeTM Weed with One-Day Delivery to your basement or idk whatever

>D U H ing eternally in my coma

>be me
>use Monero
thanks for reading my story slash gee

>bitcoin
>anonymous

How could anyone possibly think a currency that publicly logs every single transaction is anonymous?

>she used a broker that didn't match her BTC balance with BTC
>she missed the first crypto dividend
Lmao, stop. I'm going to wet my second pair of britches today if you don't end your comedically tragic life.

>Blockchain
>croptocurrency
>anonomous

LOL
the word trust is always used when privacy is vacant.

this is /Biz/ 101
So please go back to your board >>>>/Biz/

>Jewish trick to get the whole world on one currency
Are you fucking retarded? Have you heard about Forex? And how much currency changers charge you for changing dollars to pesos or any other currency? The more currencies we have, the better it is for the jews. The point is not "one currency", it's to control all currencies and the exchange rates.

>not anonympus
Then why no one was arrested in WannaCrypt/NotPetya ransomware? Oh wait...

Its only anonymous if you want it to be.
Bitcoins creator is still anonymous.

I wonder how much money is on those bitcoin addresses and how the owner of those addresses is going to make real money out of them

where did the meme of bitcoin being anonymous even originate?
it´s not like this is some new grand discovery?

From the meme that "dude, you can have, like, an infinite amount of bitcoin addresses, and, like, use a different address for each transaction in your life, dude" and retards somehow thought it meant that you're anonymous. Which is kinda true in the sense that credit and debit card numbers are tracked by every corporation, they track what you bought and when you bought it etc. It's not anonymous in the sense that the bitcoin address can't be tied to you. It can when you buy something, which is kind of the point of any form of currency.

Hi Nick Szabo

magyar cigany

Bitcoin is literally the Phoenix from 1988 economist article. Look it up. The Phoenix has a mathematical empty set symbol on it. There's more power from a central currency than the small change made from conversations.

>be mixer
>somebody sends you X bitcoins with an included encrypted message for you
>message contains N wallets
>queue transaction for X bitcoins divided across N wallets with some random variation to not have them all receive the same amount
>every 15-60 minutes, depending on volume, send out all queued transactions

assuming:
>more than one user uses your service
>messages can be included for receiver
>making new wallets is fast and efficient at no cost
I see no issues

Repeat the process with several mixers to lessen risk of one compromised mixer screwing you over.

You and the other users have now given lawn enforcement a fuckhuge identity uncertainty problem to deal with.

Kek even people in Sup Forums know about this, interesting.

Monero is though so no one really cares.

I'm mining 1 xmr a month on my work PC lol

poppy a qt

So what do supposedly anonymous altcoins have instead of blockchains to get around the double money problem?

Your wallet address or your actual name?

We're very well read in Sup Forums

What's a blockchain?

Cockchains

>everyone sends coins to one wallet
>that wallet sends different amount to other wallets
>thinks amounts from A routed through B meant for C are traceable
You are like a little baby

the larger the amount you are sending to the mixer relative to the other users of the mixer, the more likely it is that the target wallets can be mapped to you with some degree of belief, particularly when the actions of each target wallet are correlated (taking into account your source wallets other descendants).

It will certainly be hard and not worth the effort except for worldwide-stuff like wannacrypt though.