/pcbg/ - PC Building General - AMD edition

If you want help:
>Assemble parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>G4560 - poverty-tier builds
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (R3 1300x - Good stop-gap between the 1500x and the 1200, only get a 1400 if you absolutely need multithreading
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games
>Vega soon.

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with surprisingly good stock coolers. consider using them over any

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dt7s4C
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813157763
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50
pcpartpicker.com/list/9pzNbj
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hcQPpb
pcpartpicker.com/product/6T7CmG/gigabyte-ga-ab350m-gaming-3-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ga-ab350m-gaming-3
pcpartpicker.com/product/J698TW/asus-radeon-rx-560-4gb-video-card-rx560-4g
pcpartpicker.com/list/mt6QHN
pcpartpicker.com/product/wz648d/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-d5-6g-video-card-gv-n1060d5-6gd
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C2VFD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/CKZZbj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What cases are the best in regards to modularity and cable management?

Why is the 7700k missing from the OP?

because OP is either a shitposter or a shill. Such a shame that he needs to shit up one of the most helpful threads on this board.

will reviewers get vega before release to do benchmarks?

Why don't you post the next thread, then? They're always made too late anyway.

120mm AIO or thicc tower cooler for 1700? I am looking to OC but haven't yet because I'm using the stock cooler

NH-D15
It competes with TOTL 240mm AIOs while remaining much quieter

If I'm around when this thread reaches the bump limit I'll make the next one with the proper OP.

bq dark rock 3 or a 240-360mm aio are my considerations.

Anons, I've finally got the money to build my first PC, but the motherboard I was gonna order went out of stock, can you recommend a roughly equal replacement for this build?

Also, some anons quite a few threads back told me to get a cheap graphics card at first and wait for the prices to lower before I buy a good one, have they lowered yet?

Is there one I could get that'd allow this build to run stuff like Arma III or Squad at at least 30 FPS without going over $900?

Is there anything else I need to get get along with this list besides a keyboard and mouse? I'm just gonna use a TV as a monitor.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dt7s4C

how fast do you expect the limited edition vegas to be bought up?

DH-15, Only gaymer kiddies dislike its color scheme.

>that jewripper oven cpu box

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

Thought;s on my build Sup Forums? Total scrub here

is it pronounced rice zen?

I don't care about >muh internal looks. I have windowless define R5 (thing weighs a fucking tonne) that sits on the floor.
so thicc tower cooler it is. Guess I'll just have to decide on the Dark Rock 3 or the NH-D15. Is the NH-D15 worth $10 more than the Dark Rock 3?
Anyways thanks lads

>x99
>shitty corsair VS
>planar tlc trash ssd
>1743 pounds

are the ryzen segfaults on linux already fixed?

when/where can i preorder rx vega?

seems like asrock splurged with that power design. I'd go with the step down from the one you chose newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813157763
Make sure the one you want is actually sold out everywhere though (i.e. check your local stores and whatnot)

Is 18g of ram good to live stream on twitch while playing games and such?

16***

Gonna work on unbreaking my BIOS when I get home, wish me luck

it goes missing and comes back because Intel fans get butthurt.
The Ryzen 7 1700 can effectively replace the 7700K. MASSIVE improvements have been made to the gaming performance of Ryzen in a matter of months and it's only going to get better from here on out.
>fucking corefuckers
That's not it. Whether a processor is futureproof has nothing to do with how many cores it has, but rather how many threads it has and how good the multi-thread performance is.
The fact of the matter is that Ryzen can now hit over 144 FPS in most games, as newer games are becoming incredibly multi-threaded.
>They said this 5 years ago with Bulldozer!
Yes they did. And it happened. Go look up modern benchmarks. The FX 8350 outperforms the 2500K in most games nowadays.
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50

Yes.
The real bottleneck is usually the CPU.
For that use, R5 1600 or R7 1700 is recommended.

install more reddit instead

>The Ryzen 7 1700 can effectively replace the 7700K
LMFAO

prove me wrong
>inb4 months old videos and articles from fucking March.

Any recommendations on a case/cooler? I hear the stock cooler is actually pretty decent?

I have a 970 which I was going to take from old rig, at least until I can afford something better.

Wow, an actual productive comment to my question. Thank you. I'm trying to build my first ever pc

I have a mini build with all these parts at the moment:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9pzNbj

I also have a PNY GTX 660 I believe so I was looking to update the card. What card could I get without having to upgrade my PSU? Also I notice with the 660 I have I can play games on my larger tower on ultra pretty fine but if I try the same on this mini build I get a few lag spikes. Is it the CPU or mobo holding me back? The larger tower I have with no lag is a bulldozer CPU with the same ram and using the same card.

>ASrock AB350M Pro4
>3200mhz ram
>set XMP, boots fine @3200
>reboot PC, bootloops and resets to 2133
fak you

define r5 non windowed

>ASSrock
HAHAHAHAHA

piece of shit motherboard, i'm returning mine tomorrow

few other choices for matx boards

Pc part picker is only recommending me Intel cpus as compatible. Is it because my mobo? MSI z270 mobile. Want a mock that will allow me to overclock in the future but want an r7 1700

>paying for FM2 in these days
Get an AM4 B350 motherboard, and a Ryzen 5 processor. Then use you 660 until the GPU market finally stabilizes and you can properly upgrade it.

>z270
intel chipset

Yes. Deselect that mobo and when you go to pick a new one, use the AM4 socket filter if you want a Ryzen CPU.

For an AMD CPU, you want an A320, B350, or X370 motherboard.
Z270 is only compatible with Intel CPUs because of the socket.

>get recommended the board last week
>haha you actually bought that shit idiot
such is life on Sup Forums

>master case(race) 5 with corsair swastika fans

Fuck off.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hcQPpb

Op want to build an pc not burn your house down...

Get fucking faster RAM for fuck fuck sake. Make it atleast 3200.

With the influx of gpu prices, what's a good reliable gpu? I was looking at the gtx 1080 and would buy it but wondering how much less expensive it was before. Should I wait it out? If so, what other gpu. Also, Ryzen or Intel?

Set the RAM manually you dumb fuck. It's not even hard, look online you lazy fucker.

Just fuck off, you shat up the thread pajeet

Just fuck my shit up senpai, I can put together my parts with no issue but I only just figured out how to OC my CPU

>can't properly argue against it
>f-fuck off shill

Fuck I didn't realize I could get a mini with Ryzen. This mini is like 2 years old so That's why I went FM2 at the time.

Yea. The ITX boards are FINALLY here.

Anyone who isn't going Threadripper + ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme + Vega needs to take a long jump with a short rope. Seriously, take your broke ass to /tpg/.

>Paying over $4000 on useless computer parts you will never take full advantage of.

What about this one?

pcpartpicker.com/product/6T7CmG/gigabyte-ga-ab350m-gaming-3-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ga-ab350m-gaming-3

It seems nearly identical to the one I was going to buy, does the company that makes it have a good reputation? is it a piece of shit that'll randomly stop working?

I'd prefer to spend a bit extra to get something more fitting for future upgrades.

This. I prefer Ryzen for multiple reasons, but i think the i7 7700 could be a better choice for some people.

>being a workflowlet
Pathetic. Those parts are only $2000 in the first world, by the way.

>but i think the i7 7700 could be a better choice for some people.
like those who've recently had a lobotomy.

GLUED
TOGETHER

any recommandation for a cheap cpu + mobo combo

>budget $200

the build won't have gpu and will be mainly used for torrenting and vlc (full hd video)

so do you already have a GPU or do you need integrated bullshit?

Just but an OptiPlex tower and throw a 1030 in it

>1030
integrated graphics is fine for video i suppose

i don't want to play games

pcpartpicker.com/product/J698TW/asus-radeon-rx-560-4gb-video-card-rx560-4g

I was going to buy this card but it went out of stock, I had started wanting to get something a bit more powerful anyways, pls recommend something better for under 300$

I'm stupid and don't know how to tell how powerful different video cards are, this my first time building a computer.

Spend the surplus on upgrading the RAM

> was going to buy this card

you srs ?
1050 TI is better than RX 560
I'm not even Nvidia fag, fuck Nvidia

a GT 1030 is too weak for gaming. Many have said it's perfect for an HTPC though
pcpartpicker.com/list/mt6QHN

>you srs ?

Yes, some user recommended I get it because it's cheap then wait for GPU prices to drop before upgrading.

What about this one?
Is it worth how much more it costs?
Will it run shit like Arma III?

pcpartpicker.com/product/wz648d/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-d5-6g-video-card-gv-n1060d5-6gd

Is watercooling a meme?

How much should I worry if things I order come dinged up in the mail like this because of poor packaging and mailman stuffing it in a mailbox? What's the chance of damage?

why do people like to hide their power supply?

They're really all built to the same spec. I'm sure that one will be fine and the VRM cooler means that your could do some overclocking. I've never owned a Gigabyte mainboard so I can't tell you if it's shit or not.
If you really want to get something that will last forever consider a cheap X370.

this isn't /trans/

fuck off

Have your (((You))) and get the fuck out.

>g4560
>when ryzen 3 exists
wow i wonder who is behind this one

Sweetie, that post is 4 1/2 hours old. He's already long gone.

Pls respond I just want to know what graphics card to get, I'm already well over my original budget

Rate it fukrs

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($91.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($178.05 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card ($284.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer - H226HQLbid 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1114.74

SOMEONE RESPOND TO THIS LITTLE ONE.

I am stoopid too.

are gpu pricing going down now?

wut

What is the closet you should get to your powersupply's max wattage with a build? I am about 50 away from the max on a smaller powersupply I have and the powersupply is 80+ rated.

I'm having trouble believing these temps. I'm currently compressing ~200GiB of video with 7zip using 12/16 cores and the temps are barely above idle. Is something fucked or is this normal? I'm only using the stock cooler at stock settings. HWmonitor has the temps at 26c while Aida34 has them at 30c.

wat

What is your ambient temp?

I have an Asus X552C laptop, with a Mediatek MTE730E WiFi+Bluetooth Combo that's giving me problems since forever (before with Windows, now with Ubuntu). My machine is double boot (Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 16.04, I need both OS), so a Sup Forumsentooman at /fglt/ told me that to replace it with a linux-compatible one I should get something Atheros. So, guys, what would be the best model for it? Something that's available on Amazon (so I'm sure I can get it in Italy), is compatible with the rest and doesn't cost too much, if possible.

Thoughts?
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C2VFD8

So, I'm building a rig, something I haven't done in a while. I have no intentions of swapping my GPU, case and display for the time being. This are the other parts I'm looking into:
pcpartpicker.com/list/CKZZbj
What do you think?ยด
I intend to get into 3D modelling eventually, something I have been wanting to do for a while after getting to toy around with Zbrush at a friend's house. Other than that, simple webm making, gaming and random shit people do with their computers are some of the uses I intend to give to this build.
My main doubt is with the motherboard and RAM combo. I also wonder what kind of PSU would be ok, hard to tell without knowing what GPU I'll end up putting on it (I'm waiting for Vega, maybe it won't be shit).

Pls respond. My OCD is being retarded.

about 20-23c. likely 22c