Web Browser Eating RAM

I've been using FF for 10+ years now and up until the last few months it's been near perfect. For some reason, FF become unstable and began to crash often or constantly lag/freeze. I finally got fed up with it today and downloaded Chrome. At first, it was great, using only ~30% of RAM, about 10-15% less than FF, and ran smoothly. Now, I'm a few hours into using Chrome and I'm sitting at 76% RAM usage?!

tl;dr
>FF is laggy and crashes often
>Chrome eats RAM for a living
>Is there a better option for a daily web browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
youtube.com/watch?v=08IGio-7vLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Disable your FF addons and make a new profile, build it up from there.

>cortana

You're already using winblows10 so you should be using the appropriate browser that came with your system

Have you considered installing over 2GB of ram

Free RAM is wasted RAM, user

Why not actually make use of the ram you paid for?

I have three add-ons...
Already factory reset it
Although, making a new profile may help

>I've been using FF for 10+ years
Lmao, dude, play a tune on the neck flute

used ram is good ram unless it wont let go

chrome and edge 4 u tho

>>FF is laggy and crashes often

use a fresh profile or wait until web extensions are here so shitty plugins can't shit up the whole browser, support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings (you will lose bookmarks saved passwords addon settings so back that shit up)

>windows
stay calm and play this video
youtube.com/watch?v=08IGio-7vLQ

I'll check downloadmoreram.com

Hmmm, valid. Just seems extreme.

It'll let go, just tried ending a few random Chrome tasks.

New profile probably

>Download session restore
>Every day exit and restart FF

Best solution so far.

I have FF set to never remember history, and deleted cookies and cache every time I close it

It looks like you're already on winblows 10, so just use Edge. Not even baiting, it uses significantly less memory (about 1/5 of Chrome), has pretty much all of the addons you need like ublock, and it seems to be much better at video playback than Chrome/FF and their forks.

At this point, I'll try it.

Completely uninstalling FF and all data as well as deleting my profile and gonna see if that fixes it first, if not, I'll give Edge a try. #whatamisaying

I think part of problem was having Blender add-on.

>75mb ram
My footprint in arch is sometimes even lower

Because the cuckold devs are too busy watching their waifus throat BBCs to add any decent features

Yeah I tried to disable majority of the stuff in WIndows 10, but couldn't so I upgraded to Windows 7. I wish Windows 7 has the native reader, and that xbox application to record, but with todays Windows, one must compromise unfortunately.