Stupid Ideas

Hey guys so I went to work today and forgot my CPU fan, and I wanted to do some stuff in blender.

Does this look bad to you?

Why do you take your CPU fan home

Do you disassemble and reassemble your pc every time you go from work to home and back? I dont understand your post

it's ok I'm using a white board to fan it and keep it cool

Your PC won't melt down. Probably.

>FX

Oh wait, nevermind, it will.

wait do you guys have a cooler for both your home and office PCs?

it's the housefire edition B)

You could always underclock and undervolt it to run cool on the passive cooler.

Install linux right now if you want to have faster renders with blender.
On linux it's faster than windows with my GTX-660, cycle render with GPU and proprietary drivers (i tested render times with differents scenes).
Linux is faster than windows, it's not a meme.

Gimp also loads faster on linux (so fast compared to windows).

is this bait?

maybe you just haven't got gpu rendering setup correctly in wangblows

No, it was correctlly configured.
Actually the difference in render time was only of 6-7 seconds for a 3minutes render time so it's not a big improvement but it's actually faster.

I like you, got a chuckle

Dear god, I think he's serious.

This thread is gay

no, why would you spend extra money on a cpu cooler that will only be used on one computer at a time
well shit i believe this. GIMP is fast as fuck on linux but it's not really a huge deal because of the amounts of time involved. I'll try it

I hope not, because I want this to be true.

>no, why would you spend extra money on a cpu cooler that will only be used on one computer at a time
Convenience mostly, but financially it would probably cost less in the long run depending on how much you spend on grease, and how long it takes you to install it while on company time.

if you only use the cooler for a couple hours between installations the grease stays wet enough to remain pliable

Are you working freelance? I work for a company that does a ton of graphical rendering we offload all this to a rendering/transcoding platform that runs off an infinitely scalable GPU cluster. I get hours of rendered 1080p60 footage back in like 5 minutes.

Not great to push the 83*s past 60 DESU

Also how does your 8350 go with the 1070? Mine bottlenecks my 480 in a few titles

>cant run 83** past 60C
this is absolute horseshit

what do you think happens past 60C? they just up and melt? they throttle (heaven forbid)?

No worries OP, the case spoilers will deflect the warm air.
You're gucci my man

>wait do you guys have a cooler for both your home and office PCs?
>is this bait?
>Dear god, I think he's serious.
A bunch of most gullible idiots on Sup Forums I've seen in a while.

havent really done a lot of gaming on it, mostly light stuff because it's at work. I only have a 1070 because evga hooked it up by not noticing the water damage on my old one

racecar case for the win

nah i just do blender as a hobby I work in a laptop repair place

shh let them troll

also if anyone was wondering what I was rendering pic related