Should I go through with my purchase?

Should I go through with my purchase?

Don't bother me with "mac-fag" comments. At least I stay loyal to the old stuff instead of falling for the new shinanigens by Apples recent lineup.

I'll get the 2010 17 inch Macbook Pro.
2,66 Ghz i7
8 gigs DDR3
Intel/nvidea combo they made back then for heavy workload / power saving.

600 bucks Sup Forums... 600 bucks!

I don't have a laptop at the moment. The last I had was a fully bumped up 13" Air which didn't do me no good power-spec wise.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=macbook pro 2013&_sop=15
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-G1820-vs-Intel-Core-i7-M-620/1992vsm870
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GT-330M-vs-Intel-HD-Graphics-G4-PentiumCeleron-105115-GHz/m7739vsm7701
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It seems like you already made up your mind. Are you just unironically trying to start a shitposting storm?

oh yea. And a 500 gig solid state sata disk

How come you want to get that? I'd get one if I didn't have any other computer and didn't want to do a ton with it. The upgrades you can do are nice.

not at all. I really wanted someone to try and talk me out of it and advice me through something els. Also... Wanted to hear if it was a bad purchase?

$600 bucks is pretty cheap.

it seems really good for the price. Also spec-wise its what I need for school (design and communications studies). Mostly using the adobe package

Go for it... is the display glossy or matte?

hahaha what stupid garbage

As far as I can tell it's the matt version.

Thank you for sharing your opinion

What is the GPU model?

i had second-hand 15 inch one and it's graphics card gradually went to absolute shit, then, while it was sitting sideways in a backpack for 8 months, the battery inflated to the point it bent the case and in process permanently fucked up the keyboard and trackpad

Those sub 2011 15 inch were absolute shit, a good portion of the GPUs died. The Iris Pro only 15 inch is the best shit you can get, Intel graphics hardware is simply indestructible

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB GDDR3 together with Intel HD-graphics 256 MB DDR3 SDRAM

ouch... That doesnt seem good. Might check up on that

Ive heard the same thing about a lot of the 2011 models. Nothing bad about the internals of the 2011 as of yet. Someone with hardware knowledge of the 2010 models who can confirm this?

>2010
fuck no
the absolute minimum you should get is the 2011s

> GT 330M
Lmao, it's garbage, even a shitty haswell i3 wallmart laptop with HD 4000 will perform 50% faster on graphics. For $600 you should be able to get something better and faster (like a Macbook Air)

Also, it's a fucking 7 year old machine, the battery will shit the bed, it's gigantic and no turbo boost for the i7, meaning a modern dual core shoud outperform it.

>A dual core first gen i7, a 330m and 8GB 1066Mhz DDR3 ram
>600$

WHAT
A
TREAT

Fuck. I was really hoping for that I had found a good machine

Get any used i5 Macbook Air for that price, they're fucking godtier and really cheap.

that's nowhere near a good deal
you can get 15" 2011s for $400-600 easily
and 2012 15" that are actually good for $600

MacBook Air, MBAIR 13.3 CTO, 2,0 GHz, 8 GB ram, 256 GB harddisk from 2012. What about this one?? 555 bucks

honestly kid, just search ebay, for 600 dollars you can get yourself a nice 2013 retina pro

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=macbook pro 2013&_sop=15

Im not from a country where ebay is a popular thing. Nobody uses it

It's ebay, hence:

Ships to:
United States and many other countries

Sounds good tbqh, that is not a "harddisk" though, every Air has an SSD. If that's legit, go for it.

You're much better off getting the new Mac.

>600 bucks Sup Forums... 600 bucks!
go for it. looks good.

I'm actually shopping for a rMBP too... so I have a laptop in Sept when the uni starts.

what a fag lol

>setting your homepage to a local file instead of making an extension out of it so your address bar stays empty

> 7 year old hardware
> GT 330M
> dual core i7 with no turbo
> $600
> "sounds good"
The absolute state of Sup Forums

Just stick to ChinkPads then, Mr Pajeet.

Or get a faster Macbook Air?

I have to agree, I am a macfag and think that you shouldn't bother with a machine that old. $600 for a used machine that old is absurd.

haha whatta macfag

>applehomo as always being oblivious about things like high rate of reported hardware failures and ready to pay big bucks for outdated, heavily under-performing hardware

but hey, you at least you get an aluminum case with those perfectly sanded screws

That's not a Thinkpad. Also a Pentium and its iGPU would perform better than this, so I don't think it's a good deal.

Try to find a mid - late 2012. Good processor will have support for a while with MacOs updates longer than the 2010. Still can upgrade hardware yourself. Unless you have a specific reason to get the 2010

>spending $600 for a decade old computer

Do it, you deserve it.

Stop.
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-G1820-vs-Intel-Core-i7-M-620/1992vsm870
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GeForce-GT-330M-vs-Intel-HD-Graphics-G4-PentiumCeleron-105115-GHz/m7739vsm7701

Go through with the purchase of acquiring some decent hardware, but go with a newer model if possible.

>stay loyal to old stuff(apple)
You're still loyal to the company anyway you spastic
If you need our reinforcement to back up your purchase then the purchase isn't worth it in the first place

I got that for $100
it just weighs about 10lbs