/android/

Welcome to the /android/ general. N00b questions or developers discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history.
androidauthority.com/root-android-277350/
download.lineageos.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why Java?

portable.

>have motorola phone
>love gesture controls for camera and light
>wanted to try cynogyn mod or its replacement
Will gesture controls continue to function or would the be lost or do I have to find some motion controller package on my current android, back it up, and reinstall it on cynogyn?

Samsung S4
>Android 4.4
What version of android do you suggest to put on my S4?

OP is actually a n00b, let's wait for real h4xxxors.

I'd look up the release date of the S4 and would cross it with en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history.

But if 4.4 is preinstalled, I guess your best bet is to try to get the version coming right after. But maybe the latest version would work fine?

I have an S7, it receives auto-updates, the latest today.

The gestures worked on lineage os 14 for my Moto x pure.

noob question!!!!

Ihave lots of question about rooting, the google-sempais does not answer directly.

Ive seen Apps that claim to root, but thats very shifty.

Ive seen multiple "rooting" software, but some of them even require a subscription (WTF)

Then there is multiple software to go around installing some roms and shit, but everyone points in a different direction.

This leaves me wondering if its even safe, seems to me like you have to trust lots of pajeets to get this to work.

Also ONLY pajeets review "rooted rooms"

and then tehre is compatibilty issues, and diferent rooting gives you differentes options/features.

What the hell dude??
Am I being just a noob?

ive jailbroken my ipod before and it was very ez.

(Lenovo: Motorola G5) (not the plus)

thanks!!!!!!1

I'm still hesitating, but this article androidauthority.com/root-android-277350/ seems very serious.

>Apps that claim to root, but thats very shifty.
yeah I wouldn't try it

>This leaves me wondering if its even safe
Seems so, with the guide I'm linking to. But be aware that google is tightening its policies against rooted users, making it easier for developers to ban rooted users through a tick box. (of course you can always go around the play store, which is the point of rooting)
But I've read for example that Pokemon Go is successfully banning rooted users.

>and then tehre is compatibilty issues, and diferent rooting gives you differentes options/features.
yes you have to follow a guide for your specific hardware. Article I posted has a few details, didn't worry me cause I have meme hardware.

For now I haven't done it.

I've recently purchased a ChinkPlus 5 after being fed up with iOS's walled garden bullshit. I'm completely new to the Android ecosystrm, is there anything particular that I should do/learn to optimize my experience? Also is it possible to remove all Google botnet on Android but still have a functioning experience and also still use things like the Play store or YouTube?

you can remove google's bloatware by rooting >install titanium backup> uninstalling the apps
or you could just disable them and forget about them since the stock storage is so fucking large

I'm getting error code 0 whenever I try to download anything over 50mb from the playstore. please help

no idea.

Downgrading from S8 to Stylo 3 Plus to save cash.

Am I gonna be miserable? I'll miss water proofing.

Enjoy your bootloop.

Just got axon 7 from a note 4. Missing the folders and option to hide apps without deleting/disabling them. Considering LineageOS, but heard Netflix is blocked to rooted users. I like Netflix. Is there a solution to my sadness?

Lineage OS, most recent release. S4 can handle a lot.

You'll need to install TWRP and all that. Use Google to figure out how to root and install custom recovery, should be relatively easy since it's an older phone. I figured that shit out when I was 10 so I'd imagine you can probably do it too. Then select proper variant from download.lineageos.org and wipe the whole phone (except for shit like recovery) and then flash the zip file you download. Easy pz

LineageOS isn't rooted by default, you have to download the SU binary seperately from their site.

I have a security question.

My Galaxy S7 is encrypted from boot, and I also have a SIM lock.

What that means is... if my phone is turned off, or if the battery dies, and it is later powered on... it cannot / will not connect to the cellular network or WiFi without the proper passwords / SIM pin.

That is a problem... because if I lose the device, I lose all chance of tracking it if it is powered off.

Is there something I'm missing? This seems like a glaring flaw. Can't they make it so it loads some other environment, just enough to sustain a network connection and host the tracking app?

Pentium g4620 vs fx 8300 for aosp development?

Xposed for Nougat when? I'm still on Marshmallow because of Xposed.

Android Studio 3 release when?

You have a nice sister.

suggest me some fun stuff to do with tasker

Install gentoo

I wish i could use c# without xamarin crapware.

Is anyone developing directly in c++ with the ndk?
Also have you tried the "android things" platform

Never ever, maybe they'll go with Oreo directly

Java and C# are the same thing, why would you bloat your project with some useless wrapper that doesn't even have all the native functionalities without adding native code and doing a patchwork shit? If it's for muh cross platform then writing webapps in javashit with ionic is unironically better

install lineage os

i want a new android and a smartwatch.

i was looking at a iphone se and an apple watch (roughly 800 bucks total) any recommendations for a comparable android setup?

just get the iphone + watch combo. iOS is more stable and the watch is really intuitive.

there's an unofficial build out already, some modules like gravity box don't work though and lots of stuff will force close, it's just buggy atm.

That dude that created the official xposed posted recently (not sure if I read it right, can't find the link) said around October it might be released. Again not sure if I read it right, but he did say he's making progress and doesn't want to release an unofficial one like those ornery ppl did. seems like he wants to release it with everything being stable.

What i assume you mean is the secure boot function which can be disabled in your security settings, I have the same phone (S7 Edge)

that also means your phone is useless if stolen...

that's what makes iphones resistant to theft...

Nigga, last time i saw my s3 mini it had android 6

1) Download auper su, magisk, lineageroot whatever fucking binary you prefer
2) Go in recovery mode and flash that .zip

Good job, it only took you 5 minutes woew

smartwatches are a meme, get a whatever phone you prefer and a real watch, you're not a kid anymore user

I've been using Lineage OS on my Nexus 5. It's twice as fast on this as it was on the stock 5.1.1 OS. Everything works well.

No more generals

Just got an S8, how do I maximise security?

Buy an iPhone.

Why is my Android phone so slow?
I'm already thinking of buying an iPhone.

One thing i'll mention is that when I installed Cyanogen on my Moto G2 the default camera app was so slow and miles behind motorolas camera app so i'd keep that in mind.

Take it and get your money back and then stab yourself with a pencil for buying, not only a Samsung, but a Samsung with a non removable battery! Jesus, dude. How fucking retarded can one person be?

Magisk. Undetectable root. Also, Netflix still works, it just won't show up in the play store.

Fucking Pajeet devs not releasing kernel sources..got their thread closed...feels good man

How do I switch to iOS?

I have a pixel XL and I'm too much of a noob to compile CopperheadOS. Can someone recommend an AOSP based rom that doesn't have gapps baked in? I'm trying to get off Google completely, so I'd like to run microg in place of the Google play framework. Currently running Lineage OS but an unofficial build that comes with gapps baked in. Or maybe point me in the direction of a guide for compiling CopperheadOS?

Just dl the ipsw and flash it in TWRP.

Bitchin. If I want LineageOS too, does it matter which I install first to get around SafetyNet? Magisk or lineage first I mean.

Are you retarded? Lineage is the Os, magisk is a modification.

Yes, am retarded. It's went I'm here asking instead of just doing it. Also, thanks for the answer

Android is shit. Deal with it.

i compiled a kernel