The perfect car doesn't exi-

The perfect car doesn't exi-

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/submarine.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course now they only need to produce more than 5 cars per year.

>superior technology
>long range
>touchscreen hud
>save lots by never having to pay for fuel
>affordable
>electric, save environment
>instant acceleration
>freedom from the (((gasoline))) jew

Thank you again, Mr. Musk.

How do you compete with this?

And just $35k. Even Sup Forums poorfags can afford this.

R...right? You aren't THAT poor, are you, user?

But I just bought a decked out 2017 Forester. Already started modding things, ain't no way in fuck I'm buying something new again.

Also, I'd have serious range anxiety with an electric car. 210-310 miles per charge seems really limiting when my Foz can do 600 on a single tank. And I am that hippy that drives across the country to hike/camp in national parks.

>cant tow anything

Shit car.

I actually am?

>save lots by never having to pay for fuel
>Batteries wear down to half capacity in 5 years
>Have to pay another $15,000 to replace them

>>long range
300 miles isnt long u faggot

It's a car, not a construction or industrial vehicle.

There have been cars with HUDs since the late 1980s, cars with the speedometer projected onto the windshield so you can see it without taking your eyes off the road.
The fact that Tesla isn't implementing this in their supposedly high tech cars is a huge embarrassment.

Seems pretty long compared to what electric cars could do before.

Hell my CR-V only gets about 300 miles

>The fact that Tesla isn't implementing this in their supposedly high tech cars is a huge embarrassment.
Except a reflection HUD is always shitty.

Nice ad, Elon

everyone else, go read this: paulgraham.com/submarine.html

what the fuck would they write if it wasn't great? this is literally what liberals are banking on to "save the environment". they would call a literal piece of shit the holy grail of tech if it benefited them

>touchscreen hud
This is a con.

>>superior technology
>>long range
Takes half a day to fully charge.

>>touchscreen hud
Which encourages taking your eyes off the road. Ugly tablet stitched to the board, instead of normal dashboard.

>>save lots by never having to pay for fuel
But paying for electricity, which is more expensive.

>>affordable
The base model doesn't even have electric side windows, it's an option you pay for. For 35k you can only get a black colour, for any other colour you have to pay. For autopilot 5 extra grand. Etc, until the car gets into luxury BMW territory.

>>electric, save environment
The world will have the same amount of pollution after people will buy this.

>>instant acceleration
As opposed to which car?

>>freedom from the (((gasoline))) jew
Illusionary freedom. Electric cars only switch pollution from individual consumers to power plants.

>go read this
Give me a rundown, I don't have time to read all that drivel.

>Takes half a day to fully charge.
It takes about a minute to fully charge at a supercharge station
It takes about 6 hours to charge from a wall

No, they're fantastic.
With Tesla's design choices, the fact that you'll have to wipe finger prints off of your only instrument panel is ridiculous.

>But paying for electricity, which is more expensive
No it isn't. it's not even close. Where did you get that?

What I don't understand, is why don't they just license the looks of the Pontiac Trans-am '82, and put an onboard speech synthetizer with a posh british accent in the car?

Man the oil company shills are out in full force.

Don't believe news trends.

How long does it take to charge an electric car? I mean say I go the 300 miles or whatever. In my hatchback which does the 300 easy, I just gas up and go in a few mins. Something tells me I have to wait much longer to charge my car.

>3 down payments on a mortgage.
I have no need to pay so much for a car that spies on me and will be out of style (and service, fimrware = HACKED) in only a few months.

Plenty of other cars that work great.

Because you will never see a car like that, or any car with popup headlights for that matter, again. They can't be made to meet today's candy-ass "Pedestrian Impact Safety" laws. You want pedestrian safety? Don't step out in front of moving cards.

>NOOOOO! You can't point out legitimate shortcomings of this car. It's electric which means it was shit out by g-d himself to save the environment!
Enjoy your oversized mobility scooter. See you in two years when you're replacing your car since the battery is shot and the system is unusable due to (((updates))).

botnet

The single tablet in the middle and nothing else is completely retarded

>35k for ipad glued to dash
who buys this

All that hyperbole. Why must shills lie so hard?

fuck, my stereo display is unreadable in direct sunlight, I can't imagine a glossy tablet. especially when it controls your HVAC, radio, and everything else.

I'd still need a gas vehicle for my ski trips, so no point of having two cars.

>perfect car
>no two rotor, sequential twin turbo rotary
> no pop ups

its shit

>H-h-hyberbole!
Sounds like "I don't have an argument against the inherent flaws of electric cars and the bullshit modernism that comes as a package deal with them".

Yuppie tech hipsters (aka bobos), basically the Verge readers type.

>>>instant acceleration
>As opposed to which car?
The Bugatti Veyron.

Far from me to be an oil appologist. I just think this is overhyped as shit, considering the bland design and steep price, if you want more than a basic black car with no electric side windows.

your CR-V is a purse on wheels, not a car, faggot.

A normal pickup truck is still 100x more useful than the tesla

Look. I like the idea as much as you. But we, smart techies, know very well about staying away from first Gen shit (unless it's company paid...).
So we will wait ™

The perfect car already exists and you can buy one tomorrow. It's a chevy volt

The battery degradation seems to be better than anybody hoped plotting it out from the oldest model s' and Tesla's only gain features with ota updates so I don't see how this is a problem

>The world will have the same amount of pollution after people will buy this.
Wrong. Especially if e-cars go big on countries like Iceland, Canada, Brazil, Germany or France, that have a big percentage of their power coming from non polluting sources. No more digging millenia old captured carbon to pump into the atmosphere

>chevy
>a subsidiary of Government Motors
>electric variant
no thanks

The perfect Kevin Parnell exists tho

First gen? This is 4th gen

>tablet crashes
>car is now useless

wtf

when'd he take that pic of me

A "normal" pickup truck should never be a daily driver unless that bed is >50% full daily.

I am building an electric moped rn, then an electric motorcycle when I get a house, then maybe when I settle down somewhere my wife can drive a Tesla.

>buying first gen

Nope.

Tesla pickup soon™

Why? You never know when you are going to drive by a pile of reclaimable lumber that someone threw out on the curb, user.

>inb4 oil shills say 'muh environmental impact of lithium mining'
>inb4 oil shills say 'muh range'
>inb4 oil shills say 'muh charge time'

>a house
or an apt with a garage
I have cashflow problems, but I do more with my pennies than you do with your dollars, so I'm richer than you can imagine, user. Garbage wizardry is a thing.

Imagine being such a sissy that your car is electric. I couldn't imagine being THAT much of a faggot. Not to mention, electric cars have TERRIBLE torque once you get past the instant acceleration. Once you've done your cute little 0-100 in 3 seconds or whatever, I could smoke you in any petrol car you choose.

(((Model 3))))

he's a brainlet

>lithium mining
I had some dumb bitch tell me that shit on a date. I had a crush on her until she said that.

too bad we are not going to see more tesla cars in the future because elon musk is going to commit suicide after getting divorce rape again by Amber Heard.

Why don't you daily an APC then, you have enough space to carry a bunch of lumber, a heavily armed fireteam, and of course you never know when you're going to get shot

musk gonna get JUST

>trying to justify ridiculous gas usage for occasions that happen so rarely that you might as well have bought that fucking lumber 5x over

An F150 gets decent mileage at 19/26 mpg.

>gasoline car
>stick to maintenance every year
>performance still degrades after 10 years without an overhaul
yeah (((gas))) is better!!!!11111

ICEcucks finally put down

Please do, blow me me in any petrol car I choose.

if i could afford it i sure as fuck would.

Because there is a sane amount of things to be prepared for at any given moment and the likelihood of violence directed at me is a lot less than the number of garbage piles I pass that I'd like to root through and profit from.
>an APC has room for lumber
not to mention this nonsense.

>Why don't you daily an APC then
user, you very obviously shot yourself in the foot right out of the gate here

>no cargo space due to trunk being filled with oil cans
yeah, rotary

oil cans and apex seals

"decent"
get real

Why would anyone replace an entire car when the battery is bad?

You must be some Europoor who doesn't understand how America actually is.

I don't care about greenshit. I do like EV 100% torque and convenient recharging.

>cant even drive it from CA to vegas
>good 0-60 but absolutely spanked in 60 to anything because electric motors have nothing in the top end

man you couldn't be farther from the truth
come at me with more assumptions though

Fuck off nu-male and shills, CO2 IS GOOD.

for a truck that weighs thousands of pounds and has lots of torque, that is good

But at least in an APC he won't have to worry about other people shooting at him too.

But there's no need to drive a truck that weighs thousands of pounds and has lots of torque every day.
Unless, of course, you're compensating for something...

thats exactly my point though. why drive something so massive every day for such a small occasional return?

Then you're just in luck, because EV production produces a ton of C02.

there's no need for highspeed internet and a browser which can connect to 4chin either

they ride great, have excellent visibility, and fuel is cheap.

nice job projecting though, maybe you should go back to /o/ where just because your shitty civic is a manual that makes you an enthusiast

Most people aren't privileged enough to have vehicles for every occasion like a woman has shoes.

A shitty civic also has a great ride, excellent visibility, and even cheaper fuel. Why not just admit that there's no good reason for you to own a roadtank?

cant wait to drink those german tears once the model 3 BTFO every single damn car they make.

A stock F150 is far from being a tank, user.

Fwiw, I drive a shitty manual Corolla.

use diesel and no fuel injection

t. arch autist

a civic rides like ass, is low to the ground aka shitty visibility, and gas is cheap enough that unless you are dirt poor it doesnt matter

nice try though

as a civic owner, I have to disagree about visibility. the a-pillar in my model year is very inconvenient when going through turns or coming up on an interstate junction. however, 30+ mpg and no maintenance issues after 130k miles makes up for it.

>Iceland
Kek a population barely 400,000

>Port location

They did that on purpose, right?

ORLANDO, Fla. (April 28, 2015) – Due to declines in gas prices and finance charges, the annual cost to own and operate a vehicle has fallen to $8,698, a nearly 2 percent drop from last year, according to AAA's 2015 Your Driving Costs study.Apr 28, 2015

Buying a 15k battery every five years seems like a good deal. Don't you live with a solid and realistic budget, user? Or do you just react to how your feels are in any given moment?

>3 down payments on a mortgage
Where do you live? 35k for a down-payment is nothing in cali