mpv.io/manual/master/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Baka MPlayer?

mpv. almost all its devs are weebs.

shitty player without GUI.

Kissanime

MPC-HC. It just werks

What are you missing from the OSD?
All of it's devs are weebs and it wad built from the ground up for the sole purpose of playing chinese cartoons.

ded project, all of it's devs jumped to developing mpv instead

Looks good to me.

MPV is the -ONLY- option.

You don't need a play/pause button if you can just fucking right click the video itself you fucking mongoloids

At least it shows animu colors correctly compared to mpc.

I will never understand people who post this, I can't tell if they're serious or trolling. At what point does it make sense to have a gui for a video player, who seriously spends their time looking at the decorations instead of the content, why even open a video player if you're not going to watch the video. This has to be a joke.

Xine

play playlist in mpv without gui.

?

playlist. you know about it?

What does that even mean? Just fucking open the playlist.

pass an argument list of multiple files to mpv and it'll treat it as a playlist

MPC-HC + XySubFilter (optional) + madVR (if this is a PC and not a laptop)

?

file associations? you shit have it?

a.uguu.se/Qcq0zQ1T5o3I_Desktop08.02.2017-04.19.58.02.mp4
Playlist is autogenerated because I'm lazy, you could easily just use your own.

What shit environment do you use that doesn't handle those? Why would you expect a media player to do this at all? Hold on let me open this text file by routing it through my media player first. lmao

Honestly curious, why would I want to use mpv over mpc-hc. Every screenshot I've seen makes the interface look less convenient. A less useful UI for a questionable visual upgrade seems like a good reason to stay

Your operating system has to have it you dumb fuck

Fairly clean, lightweight on resources and is still getting updates.

most of the options in mpc-hc are completely superfluous and unnecessary for playing video
That's not to say that mpv lacks options, it's just configured via a text file.
mpv.io/manual/master/
You don't need to do this however, mpv has sane defaults.

No one forces you. Ive switched from mpc-hc+madvr+xysubfilter almost 2 months ago and im loving it.

How is it less convenient? What does a gui add to a video player. You double click the file, it plays.

>what is autoload.lua

What does that have to do with fileprogram associations?

How do I pipe /dev/urandom into ffmpeg and pipe the output into mpv so I can benchmark my system?

Don't do this or the FBI will come knocking when you render illegal frames.

Moving chapters, stepping forward, changing subtitles tracks etc. are simple in mpc with only a mouse. Since i watch a lot of things with a laptop hooked up to a TV and wireless mouse with friends, this is a huge benefit.
I dont use all of mpc's features but i use quite a bit of them and the text file just seems lime an unnecessary step. Especially if i want to change something without looking autistic in front of others
What did you love so much about it? I like mpc but it has its issues

mpv (filename) (filename) (filename) (filename) in term and it just plays them all you boob

Why not just set up mouse binds? I have chapter on my forward and back keys, I don't know why you're setting subtitles manually instead of just setting up priorities but even still you could bind "switch subtitles" to middle click or whatever, scroll up and down are seek by default or you could just click the timeline.

gui is too slow and imprecise, even with just a mouse. I don't want to be fucking around when I have friends over, set it and forget it.

>What did you love so much about it? I like mpc but it has its issues
Its very lightweight, minimalist, cross platform, FOSS, has shitload of features and gets actively worked on. I love anime and devs are animefags just like me and made it work great with anime. It has everything i need out of the box, no need to install everything separately (madvr, xysubfilter, reclock). I use it to watch videos (regular and twitch/youtube), and view images/read manga.

All that comoression. Why not just download from fansubbers? At the very least youvwon't get that watermark.

Fuck it, I'm convinced, I'll start using mpv. Thanks

I mostly used mpc on windows, and mpv on linux.

>All of it's devs are weebs and it wad built from the ground up for the sole purpose of playing chinese cartoons.
wrong

well, almost all of them except wm4 are weebs.

>mpv
>used by ~2,000 people
>needs 24/7 help thread for people to be able to use it

>MPC-HC with madVR
>used by ~100,000,000 people
>gets by just fine without a help thread since it has a GUI

mpv, if you are using another player you are belittling yourself.

What's the typical complaint in the help threads? I don't even know how you can fuck it up, literally install and run.

see Its mpv + some more GUI, it also can with a GUI.

potplayer

what if, say, you dont have a keyboard plugged in, only a mouse
its a pain to ssh to the machine every time you want to play a couple of episodes of amine

??? What

????
how are you going to add anime to a playlist in mpv without the use of a keyboard

What are you even saying?
You can't type with a mouse so I assume you have some sort of GUI and can move files with your mouse.
You can select all of the files you want by dragging your mouse then drag those into MPV.

are they added in order then? what about moving around stuff in the playlist, or removing something from it?

>he uses the Pentium III defaults

OP!

>>>/mpv/
:D