So let me get this straight

I made a whole thread about whether these water coolers are compatible with the Threadripper yesterday.

With all the comments, there was not one single one that pointed out that the cooler does not fit the tr4 socket needed for the Threadripper, I then went on to purchase the cooler and will now have to return it.

I am pink Wojak right now. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dumb nigger, this is something you ask to the manufacturer, and not on Sup Forums, idiot

To my knowledge Threadripper comes with a bracket that makes Asetek CLCs compatible.
Not that I'd ever use a CLC

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Threadripper come with a bracket to convert TR4 to AM4? You get higher temps because the heat isn't being transferred as well, but you can use a normal cooler.

If you actually looked for it you'd know it comes with a bracket. Here's your (You)

Hmmm, do you lads think this cooler would still work ok with the threadripper bracket? Or should I just return it and buy a different cooler? The tr4 socket coolers seems to be slim pickings?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH sex. Does this mean I should just keep the cooler?

Some guy on another thread spooked me.

do whatever you want, i'd rather get one of the air coolers with the purpose built baseplate instead of getting an adapter for a cooler with small as fuck base that can't even cover all the dies

I think only if it's an Asetek re-brand. From a bit of quick googling it doesn't seem to me like the Be Quiet AIOs are.

Remember to report and sage, lads.

Fuck water, air or die.

I think I will return it. I need to take a step back for a bit and evaluate things a bit more. Thanks for your thoughts guys, I will buy a cooler with the larger tr4 socket.

>buying AIO water cooling for a 1k$ cpu
>didn't even read the compatibility list
>didn't even look at a fucking picture at least to see how god damn huge this cpu is
hahahaha nice meme

>>buying AIO water cooling for a 1k$ cpu

Most people seem to be recommending the standard air cooler, how is an AIO water cooler more ridiculous?

build a custom loop. There's absolutely no reason to go half-ass your cooling solution once you spend that much.
On the other hand, if you're building a workstation, just go with the cheapest stuff you can use to stop thermal throttling.

bust out your hammer and anvil and make your own cooler piece.

>Most people seem to be recommending the standard air cooler

Which is what? Where the fuck do you find the air cooler you see in the MSI video?

That's what AMD is shipping to board makers and system builders with their engineering samples.

Am just a novice, building the whole water system seems a bit out of my reach, though I could learn of course. I could even pay the local computer people to do it.

rawwwwr

Not sure lad, I saw some article where they said they were going to ship coolers with the threadripper? Could be that. Otherwise I don't know.

This is the list of compatible coolers, but none of them seem to to state whether they are tr4 socket amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper

Oh that blows. Wish it was available as an alternative to shit colored noctuas.

It's nothing special though, it just has a massive copper base plate that covers the whole heatspreader of the proc. The fan is really loud too.

Gaymers BTFO
>>>/pcbg/

it's very little additional effort to build a custom loop. The majority of the work goes into researching the best parts, starting from what radiator you can cram into your tower and which fans are going to give you the best performance for your desired noise level.

plugging the things together and filling them up is little more effort than assembling the electronic components in your tower. Just watch a youtube video and make sure it's not a pajeet.

Get a case without windows, problem solved.

But my gamer aesthetic

The point of a custom loop is for aesthetics. It's barely any better an an AIO. Just get an AIO or a big air cooler.