/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask your stupid questions ITT.

Please take few seconds to try your preferred search engine (searx, startpage, duckduckgo, etc.) before asking and read the board sticky first.

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lazyfoo.net/tutorials/OpenGL/
duriansoftware.com/joe/An-intro-to-modern-OpenGL.-Table-of-Contents.html
people.eecs.ku.edu/~jrmiller/Courses/OpenGL/DeveloperNotes/GLSL_Overview.html
lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/
doc.qt.io/qt-5/examples-widgets-opengl.html
explainshell.com/explain?cmd=rsync -a --delete source destination
tienle.com/2014/06-03/setting-up-windows-vm-on-proxmox-with-1-ip.html
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/osprey/ekjapccimkannnfgcnnoajhfdglobgak
youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44,
knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Fixing Windows boot problems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats 'healthier' bongs or joints ?
assume a 50-50 mix of weed and tobacco

That's a nice ThinkPad.

I want to make it so that I can use irc inside firefox

specifically, my idea is to use the url bar. basically type "irc" in the url bar, and then have something it access a running irc session like weechat or irssi 'embedded' in the little drop-down search suggestions/url history suggestions bar

how hard would this be

J
Bong has water vapor, thus more harmful.

What data is exactly solved by crypto currency "mining"? Who gives their problems for being solved on it and who pays the money to the end user that is "mining"?

would you pay $500 for this config
Intel Core i5 4440
AMD R7 265
MSI B85M-G43 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB RAM

Need a laptop Sup Forums.

>budget of around 1000 USD
>Good build since I will carry this shit around
>Mobile GTX1050 for GPU or equivalent
>Doesn't look like an autistic Lamborghini

there's this website I visit everyday because I'm looking for a house to rent and I need something that tells me when there's a new house for rent.

I need something like the now dead Yahoo pipes in order to create an rss that I can read. thanks

both aren't healthy because burning

put it in your milk instead or make cookies

Hey guys. I'm turning my dad's old phone into a dedicated music player. I don't suppose there's any custom android roms that make it more like a dedicated music player and strip out the phone shit? Or should I just install a rom that looks good and keep it simple with shit. Sorry if it's a dumb question. I don't know a lot about the android rom scene. Thanks for your time.

How do I VNC to the * actual * Desktop? I mean when I vnc, all I get is a grey screen with x mark for cursor. Not at all like what it looks in the monitor.

If you see someone shoplifting in a store and don't say anything can you be charged of a crime too?

I mean. If you somehow get interrogated about it and you admit to them doing it, then I think it makes you an accessory? Wait does being an accessory to murder also mean you can be an accessory to shoplifting?

Yes, in some jurisdictions you can actually be charged more harshly than the guy who was stealing.

A while ago I saw a website that acted as a """privacy oriented""" mirror for youtube, the guy that did was from Sup Forums, I think, does anybody remember the link?
I'm just looking for a youtube-client if that makes sense, for desktop, like a Skytube or Newpipe for desktop.

give it back jamal

Im a CIS student who wants to eventually become a network engineer. How much programming knowledge is required for such a thing? I practice off and on but it never holds my interest enough to get into it.

Best way to clone SSD to SSD on w7? Don't want to use usb boot unless req'd.

Is it possible to modify android to take screenshots without apps realizing it?

So you want to screenshot nudes on snapchat?

Yes

fucking BEAUTIFUL thinkpad
here is my stupid question, how can I do that to my hp laptop

I want to get into graphics programming with shit like OpenGL etc.
What are some good books/resources? Are shading languages heavily involved or is it mainly C++?

don't say anything and deny everything

>America
>Get caught killing someone
>Slap on the wrist or scott free if you have money
>Smoke some pot man
>15 years no parole
My eyes water with keks everytime.

>What are some good books/resources?
lazyfoo.net/tutorials/OpenGL/
duriansoftware.com/joe/An-intro-to-modern-OpenGL.-Table-of-Contents.html

>Are shading languages heavily involved or is it mainly C++?
people.eecs.ku.edu/~jrmiller/Courses/OpenGL/DeveloperNotes/GLSL_Overview.html

If you want to get an actual application out running asap with mouse input and other features, use a library like SDL2 or QT to handle your OpenGL context.
lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/
doc.qt.io/qt-5/examples-widgets-opengl.html

What /tech/-approved thing can I get for around $20 on Amazon?
>inb4 rope

Requesting the american psycho business card parody image with arch linux desktops.
Saw it in a thread a few days ago and can't find it anymore.

Trying to make this upgrade in my Thinkstation E30 with the stock psu.

The lenovo website says only the P300 series is compatible.

Its drawing the same amount of power as my 600 and has the same connection type, with low profile design.

Shouldnt this work?

Is there any way for me to sync a speciffic folder between my windows desktop and linux laptop?
I'm somewhat of a beginner at linux, only really use it cause i want a tiling WM.

nfs
samba

You could just put llama on it to open up a music app on boot. And remove anything running in the background eating batteries.

share the folder and schedule periodic rsync

rsync -a --delete source destination

explainshell.com/explain?cmd=rsync -a --delete source destination

/csg/

/tpg/

in ublock, is it possible to block an inline element the way you can block elements?
for a script, you can do
example.com##script:contains(foo)
so i tried
example.com##style:contains(bar)
but the style is still applied

can you extract the files out of an iso for a game and put them all into a folder? then run it like normal as long as i have a Launcher

Depends on the game and how the disk is structured.

Only if the installer dosent hard check for a cd/dvd device.

I am trying for 2 days now to get to the RDP port from outside my proxmox installation, the best luck I had was: tienle.com/2014/06-03/setting-up-windows-vm-on-proxmox-with-1-ip.html where now the VM has full access to the network, but from the outside I still can't connect to the redirected RDP port, what am I doing wrong..

the iso likely contains only the setup files, which need to be installed for you to be able to run the game, so not really

I want to setup goaccess for my server, but for it to access the webserver logs, I have to run it as www-data.
At the same time it needs to access my ssl certificate in order to work over https, which only root has access to.

What would be a good solution for this problem?

I have all firewalls also set to ACCEPT, tried deactivating them too, starting to get frustrated, since the docs are dogshit.

thanks m8

Usually not. Just mount the ISO with winCDEmu

How do I use a bat for simulating keystrokes without having additional 3rd party packages?

You don't

buy a yo-yo

yes, use another android phone

use osprey to overwrite the style with !important

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/osprey/ekjapccimkannnfgcnnoajhfdglobgak

Best way to clone SSD to SSD on w7? Don't want to use usb boot unless req'd

Macrium Reflect.

There's an alternative snapchat client and a few xposed modules that do that.

If I want to learn how to program to create stuff like this youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44, What is the path I should follow?

Get a CS degree

can I cook an egg on this bad boy?

Books, Google and honestly a university computer science department.

Yeah, I used that and it didn't seem to preserve the UEFI. It could just be my BIOS acting weird though.

I think for a friend I'll try something new for its cake
>boil milk, infuse weed for a few minutes
>mix eggs and sugar
>put milkweek on it while mixing
>put back on the fire and mix. And... tada, crème patissière with weed.

Then you can use it for a strawberry pie or a Fraisier. Real receipe use vanilla or verbena

Cell reset

>payware gated features nonsense
clonezilla nigga

Rip, any libraries you would recommend?

i'm on Pale Meme so a chrome extension won't work for me
ublock can override styles just fine with element:style(color: green !important)
the thing is, let's say some site sets the text color to blue by default, then there's some annoying inline-style which makes the text color red, you could override the color back to blue with color: blue !important, but then if the defautl color changes to some other - you won't notice because you've got blue hardcoded in ublock
so i'm looking for a way to prevent an inline style element from actually applying to the site at all, instead of forcing my own styles with ublock or stylish or something

Nobody needs any of the shit in the paid version. Clonezilla is shit at dynamically handling partition size and position. Plus he asked what you could use without booting.

You did remember to remove the old SSD before your first boot, right?

VBscript. Just google 'batch sendkeys'.

>>>
> Anonymous 08/02/17(Wed)16:41:47 No.61699011 ▶
> (You)
>You did remember to remove the old SSD before your first boot, right?
Yep I'm fooling around with everything right now. Giving me quite a bit of hassle, it's enterprise hardware so who knows what'll happen.

>inline style element
its not a standalone file, I dont think you can do that

Using Asus S200E as my work laptop and it's running super slow on Windows 8. Only an i3 and 4GB memory. It takes ages to load anything and Chrome will crash every now and then for instance.
How much would an SSD help? Or is it worth just getting a new machine?

An SSD will help for two reasons:
1) much faster loads on the OS and programs, and
2) you're gonna have to start from scratch which is great because it sounds like your laptop is just full of garbage and bloat.

Seriously an i3 3xxxU with 4GB DDR3 has no inherent reason to be as slow as you describe, even with a hard disk drive. I know because I gave one to my parents and it runs great. There absolutely has to be some degree of cruft going on there which needs to get removed.

I'm trying to root a galaxy s3. Odin says everything passed and it worked, but when I check if it flashed on the phone it says it didn't fucking flash. What am I doing wrong here

>flash
I mean root.

What's a cheap mail provider that respects my privacy and allows the use of custom domains.
Being from Germany, I'd love something like posteo.de, but sadly they don't have offer that feature.

>that respects my privacy
None

If you still can't get it to work, the macrium tool will let you make a bootable media, and that has an option for repairing your uefi settings

knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Fixing Windows boot problems

I wiped it completely and reinstalled W8 plus Debian (which runs okay from what I can tell) and it's still like this. Does cruft accumulate even when you completely wipe the drive and reinstall the OS?

Thanks man

What about posteo.de or protonmail.com?

ssd would help, chrome does not need extra cpu power to run. but still you can check cpu usage if some program bottleneck your cpu

How can I replace my broken keycaps if I live in fucking Romania boy I'm angry. A new keyboard costs more than $50 here for my T440s.

In task manager it says about 90% of the memory is being used, but I don't know how right that is.
The only thing I have open is Chrome albeit with a load of tabs. Memory is not upgrade-able on this shit either.

yes, build a mail server by yourself

I'm a Linuxfag through and through for many years now but I may be getting a job where Windows knowledge would be useful.
Can anyone recommend a crash cours(es) around basic Windows server stuff? General management, AD, ISIS and other M$ shit.

>protonmail.com?
Protonmail recently handed over information without a warrant to the authorities

Just use google and tor and use gpg for all communication.Funnily enough gmail has a html mode which does not need javascript to be running,many services,such as cock.li and proton have to have scripting on to use it

why did you include those badges in the photo
those do not help to answer your question at all

get a screenshot for the task manager? sort by cpu and memory usage

posteo allows you to encrypt everything they store with your password. They couldn't hand over anything even if they wanted.

I should have added 'secure' to the requirements. Setting up your own mailserver in a sensible way is a futile undertaking.

Why can't I find a cable like this that is capable of powering a 3,5' HDD?
Isn't USB 3.0 and 3.1 supposed to deliver enough power to charge a Macbook?

Most of those cables are designed for portability/cheapness, so the leave out the 12v needed for larger drives. Also they can't rely on people knowing to plug shit into a specific kind of usb. You'll probably need something with an external power source.

the USB power delivery spec is still pretty new
PD1 profile 3 should be enough for most 3.5 hdd's (12v/36w), if you have both a computer and adapter that supports it

not all usb 3/3.1 hosts support the power delivery spec, and there are multiple profiles for different voltages/amps

bump

hey Sup Forumsee, I noticed some people post images that they think will help them get responses when they post their question. can some people dump some of those interesting and unique pictures for my future use? TIA

Hi /sqt/.

I have a speaker that takes RCA cables as an input. With cables connected to my computer, everything works fine. No stray voltages, nothing.

With no cable connected and the speaker switched off, I discovered that the cable terminals were going live (240V(ac) where I live), which I confirmed with a multimeter. When the speaker was switched on, this dropped to 90V(ac).

I plugged it out, and reversed the plug (two-prong plug, no ground). After this, with the speaker switched off and no cable connected, the terminals sit at 6V(ac). However, when I turn the speakers on, it again rises to 90V(ac).

Basically trying to figure out, is there any possible way this 90V ac signal -should- exist on the RCA terminals? Or is it time to return the speakers as defective/dangerous?

what's the cause of the problem and how do i get rid of it?

Only Paypal support can tell you. Contact Paypal support.

Do I dare do an unboxing video for a thinkpad filled with memes and autism or just post about it in /tpg/?

Don't do either. Nobody cares. Call a friend over and show him if you need some gratification.

woo can you really dissolve dirty resin in hot milk? mix that with some cold water filtered codeine tablets after smashing them with a pestle and mortar and that it gonna be some knockout juice

Am I being dumb or is VP8 encoding disabled in the latest ffmpeg stable windows release (3.3.2)?