Bravo intel!

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1450-core-i7-vs-ryzen-5-hexa-core/page9.html
pcworld.com/article/3199104/storage/intels-core-i9-and-x299-enable-crazy-raid-configurations-for-a-price.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMOOOORE

How is this worse than Broadwell E?

>b-but the game isn't ran at 640x480 lowest!!
>GPU bottleneck!!

Sup Forums - Freshly picked cherries

mainly L3 and L2 changes

Farcry Primal runs like shit on Ryzen. It's one of those games that ran terrible at launch and never got a patch.

Disable SMT and it runs a lot better.

Nah, this is a trend across the board. Skylake-X runs games like shit.

5820k was the best multicore cpu for a while user

no, skylake-x runs games for about 5mins, then picrelated happens

OP here and yep you can watch the video yourself he tested a couple more games but they are all bad

youtu.be/eiy1kZaQT1s

Absolutely. But those are some of the most interesting results from that video.
Which OP didn't link btw.

just did

They really aren't that interesting, because they tell us what we already know. Skylake-X is overpriced and unusable.

>Taking FAKE benchmarks from youtube

Someone let Brian out of his cage again.

crikey that's bad ain't it?

Skylake-X is fine for lots of stuff. It's just overpriced as all hell.

What title do you get when you get this job to do damage control?
Do they pay you by the post or by the hour?

Gooey thermal interface IS the future you fucking dumb goy
Enjoy your cracks in solder sucker

>Workstation platform
>Doesn't run gaymes that well

You guys retarded?

Getting pretty tired seeing such mixed results in Ryzen vs Intel benchmarks ever since Ryzen came out.
First it seemed like the 1700 performed worse compared to the 7700K all around, but apparently Ryzen performs better with faster RAM?
And it seems to depend on the game as well. Results differ so much between benchmarks that I really can't tell anymore which is the better CPU for gaming.

They definitely advertised this as a gaming platform.

They used the same argument when ryzen got released, and now they use it in the opposite way.

I guess daily system crashes only leave time for shitposting on imageboards.

AMD and Broadwell-E don't have this problem

Some of the games that ran poorly on Ryzen got patched and now run much better in comparison. Support for faster RAM and more compatibility helped a lot, too.

If you're looking for a pure workstation powerhouse you'd be better off just getting Threadripper. Judging from the results coming out of Skylake-X for gaming, I'm willing to bet Threadripper will win there, too. Whatever results you can get from an 1800X on gaming, that's your result on Threadripper. Maybe even better since it XFR's harder.

>benchmark from games
>power consumption from cinebench
Yeah that sounds fair

See

Glue-oh wait wrong company.

Intel Inside. It just werks!

it is fair, because gpu is out of the question this way.
Somebody please put Brian in his cage again.

retard

look who is talking

>not 144p

>not 80x25 text mode

Remember that webm edit of toilet seat smearing shit all over itself and then it says Ryzen? Id like to know how person that made it feels right now.

Oh shit, now that you brought that up i just realized i haven't seen that posted in a long ass.

he is still sucking the dick of intel. and enjoying it when taking from the ass.

Probably got addicted to it and is now smearing himself in his own shit daily.

techspot.com/review/1450-core-i7-vs-ryzen-5-hexa-core/page9.html

You have been reported to the Anti-Defamation League for posting this hate material. I hope you have a good lawyer.

This is quite staggering. If AMD brings even margins clock speed and IPC uplifts with Zen2 then intel's entire product stack top to bottom will barely be able to compete with AMD's much cheaper offerings.
5% IPC increase and a 10% increase to base clock would give AMD a real edge.

buying pc for gayms is stupid because end performance does not just depend on what you purchase but the developer's work or lack of it, nVidya Goymwerks, etc

>10% increase to base clock
they are going for 5 ghz.

>inb4 vouchers to unlock more performance on X299

Intel already does that, user.

pcworld.com/article/3199104/storage/intels-core-i9-and-x299-enable-crazy-raid-configurations-for-a-price.html

the 1700 performs worse than the 7700k in mostly single-or-lightly threaded applications (like games). OCing helps, and, as due to how IF works, cross-CCX core communication gets faster with faster RAM (i.e. ryzen is impacted more than intel by slower RAM). however ryzen just can't clock as high as the 7700k (probably due to the 14nm low power process), and therefore it loses.

with their new HEDT platform, intel made changes to their architecture, such as moving to a meshbus design with more l2 and less l3 cache (supposedly because the ringbus design has problems scaling with more cores). however, this seems to have caused regressions in some applications, as seen in the OP - the 7820x loses to the older 6900k.

>no 8700k

meh

>CPU that doesn't exist yet and we have no information on aside from rumors

What?

>AMD Cpu's perform worse than any Intel listed in this picture
And this benchmark is somehow in favor of AMD, i don't understand the mental gymnastics going on here anymore

7700K was literally released 6 months ago

wait another 6 months user

They had better IPC than Ryzen with both Skylake and Kaby Lake how did they manage to fuck it up with an even NEWER generation? LMAO

Why is Broadwell-E so much better than Skylake-X? If it was just the same or slightly worse than whatever, but it's getting raped by the older arch.

they have been refining 14nm for like 4 generations now, while not adding more cores.

Now they had to add more cores to keep up with AMD and since they haven't R&D'd that shit, they get succy performance

their mesh/bingbus shit scales horribly aswell. Their X299 16 core is like 2,9GHz base clock only

>can't be used on Z170 or Z270 mobos for no reason at all
>x370 will be incompatible with Icelake and Tigerlake due to them being a new socket
All of the hype around Coffee Lake was killed with a single tweet.

The 7800X costs twice as much and still can't beat a mid-range AMD CPU. 7700K is only better at muh gaymes in very specific CPU bottlenecked scenarios.

I wish there were more people like this on Sup Forums

it appears they need to add more

bingbus :--------DDDDDDD

They already did. That's the problem. The new mesh of bingbuses fucks memory latency up pretty badly.

intel cut corners on it to get the prices down to compete with ryzen

That isn't true at all. The architecture was taped out long before Ryzen was released. Skylake-X also smashes Broadwell-E in many non-gaymen tasks. The cache changes just really hurt its performance in gaymes.

>337W
What the fuck.

question from idiot:

in the comparison most games which performed worse on Intel were console ports (Watch dogs, GTA, Mafia etc.) while most games which performed better were PC natives (Civilization, PUBG, WoT, ...)

can someone smarter than me explain this

graph from website included in pic related for your convenience

fuck this was the wrong one

Because consoles have low clock multiple cores. I'm guessing

Console games have better multithread performance than PC exclusives due to Xbone and PS4 using low power 8 core garbage..

>Pit it against the cheaper Ryzen 7
Muh threads, who runs games on a HEDT CPU?
>Pit it against Epic/Threadripper
Muh gaems, muh singlethreaded workloads, you don't need all those threads!

Jesus you guys need to pick a message and stick to it.

The message is: Intel always wins. It's a pretty stupid message, but at least they're sticking to it.

threadripper platform doesn't support it at all so your point is moot

This is a problem with the duality of the software ecosystem, where pretty much any software starts prefering throughput which can scale, while games still prefer latency which has become impossible to scale.

>can only create bootable logical volumes with Intel(TM) drives
>have to buy a key on top of Skylake-X processor and expensive X299 motherboard

Not to mention there aren't a lot of people looking for 10+ volume RAID configurations in a desktop. There's a reason this "feature" was overlooked.

R5 1600 is the cheapest CPU on that chart by a cool $100. Also an overclocking-capable motherboard starts around $30 cheaper for socket AM4. Look how close those numbers are right now for gaming, then realize that the gap between it and the 7700k will close as games continue to become more heavily threaded. And finally there's the consideration that Intel motherboard generational support tends to end quite early, where AM4 motherboards will be compatible with new Ryzen CPUs for at least the next four years according to AMD, so upgrade path in in AMD's favour as well.

In short, Ryzen is all about the value proposition, and the 1600 specifically is the best CPU value in the entire market.

> And this benchmark is somehow in favor of AMD, i don't understand the mental gymnastics going on here anymore

The Ryzen 1600 is $209 cooler included. The i7-7700k is $338 with a basic Hyper 212 Evo. The 7700k only outperforms it in gaming by approximately 10% while costing 50% more. If you aren't building a maxxed out 1080ti gaming rig the Ryzen 1600 gives you an additional $129 to put towards a GPU while giving you two additional cores that give it a nice edge in a few non-gaming productivity tasks.

Value only matters if you poor... I'm not poor

It's $129 cheaper when you factor in a cooler and fuck I didn't even think about motherboard costs which puts a Ryzen 1600 setup about $160 cheaper.

It is no contest the best setup for the money right now.

no, you are just a retard.

lmao A STUNNIG 8% advantage AGAINST a cpu that costs 150 euro/dollaros more or less , truly intel is the winner

You forgot the low resolution part, use 1440p and 4k and there's not even that 8% left

Its really tempting to upgrade to Ryzen from i5 3470 (almost 5 years old) but i will wait for Ryzen 2!

>In short, Ryzen is all about the value proposition
It's annoying how people on Sup Forums say this and then turn around and tell people to buy the most expensive RAM they can afford.

Hynix A-die is really expensive.

SOPA MACACO¿

Oh shit that 3200 speed RAM is gonna bankrupt me bro.

Please sir delete and I can show you wonderful Intel Retail Edge offer!

>buying a dual core in 2017

>Power Consumption
"Intel: We've Got the Power!"

>2017
>8GB of RAM

DELID NOW

>Remove the aftermarket cooler from price
>Add a i5-7400 for $189 instead of the i3
You get a better gaming PC for 359
You're not even trying rajeesh.

I have to admit after I watched this video today I lost the last bit of doubt that my next system will be Ryzen 7

>using Intel's shitty stock heatsink
>giving up almost all single core advantage by using a locked processor
>still costs more than the Ryzen system
>on a dead chipset (200 series won't support Covfefe Lake)
>will get assraped in multithreaded performance by the 1600

My main work computer has been a Ryzen 1700 for the past few months. Once the BIOS eventually got sorted out on my cheap ASUS Prime B350 Plus board it became rock solid.

Just wait.

XaXaXaXaXa

>extreme mega-tasking

Sounds like shitty chink advertising on alibaba

>i5-7400
>better
That doesn't even have any single core advantage over Ryzen, and can't be OCed so it loses by default.

For caffeine lake? Nothx.