/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aiNIauJJQZ8
amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Etymotic-Research-ERMK-5-mk5-Isolator-Isolating-Black/B00OQG7IC2
amazon.co.uk/Etymotic-Research-Limiting-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B005TOV0OM
gearbest.app.link/OBpVTykoiF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>OP is a dumb HD 600 poster

plz answer, stuff which handles orchestra nicely is preferred

Do extension cords damage the audio quality?

No.

Fifth for old Sup Forums memes and vaporwave.

Are you guys buying the hifiman he4xx from massdrop?

Already have my headphones. Don't need to.

I'd rather save up for an LCD-2 or something.

Quit wastin' your time and go end game.

>treble cannons
HD600 are better.

Can anyone here help? Looking for a specific pair of earphones to use at work.

Must haves:
>in-line remote (with volume control if possible)
>over-ear hooks
>good build quality

Added bonus:
>Long, braided cable
>Decent enough sound quality

Then grab the 800S, you big baby!

Currently using MDRv6s, should I pick these up?

>inadequate upper midrange response
HD600 are still better.

>hifiman build quality and customer service
Nah.

Easy, then grab the LCD-1s.

Anyone got the newer Piston Hybrids? Any decent or should I leave em

My last earphone purchases were pistons and KZ-ED9s, and ROCK-something (aliX) which have done my very well over the last few years.

Let my dad take a pair, so now I'd like to get another cheap good-tier chink earphone for listening to music on the way to work and back.

>any personal recommendations bros?

they look like shit

I just ordered some, havent arrived yet

KZ ZS5

>three page review you didn't read
>awesome aesthetics
>mindblowing sound

My spinfit tips fit fine but then after like 20 seconds come out a slight bit, not enough to fall out easily but enough to have a noticeable negative impact.

At this point do people typically get a smaller tip to fit further in the ear or something bigger to fit further out but be a bit tighter?

I'd just try the other size tips that came with my iems but can't find them so need to buy new ones.

>go end game
You mean skipping headphones and going straight for monitors and speakers?

bigger, smaller won't fit deeper since the earphone won't be able to go deeper, and even if it had a really long nozzle, it still wouldn't seal at all since it's too small.

awesome aesthetics?
um, no, sweetie

How much did you get them for?

50$ well spent, they are very comfortable

im going to agree with user, I wouldn't buy the HD800 because I'd be embarassed that I spent $1000 on a sci-fi looking toy.

suck my meme

but it is a crime to make permanent earpads that are sweat magnets

why would someone mod their TH-X00 to be detachable with MMCX connectors

Werks on my ears :^)

yeah i noticed i didn't see how to remove them.
is there really no way to remove them ? how did they put them on when they were assembled ?

Enjoy your sub-par quality build chifi headphones

Not user, but the pads are clipped on, at least on the 9500(non-S)

But the clips are clued onto the pad.

youtube.com/watch?v=aiNIauJJQZ8

this guy didn't seem to have trouble .

i don't want to replace mine , i just like being able to clean my earpads with soap and water once in a while .

If I wanted to increase the volume of my microphone what would I need to use? Do I need an amp or something else?

I looked at some pics online, and it looks like they are glued on. Basically you'll have to DIY molest your pair if you want to replace the earpads

or just buy a new pair. It's a really silly design when they gave it detachable cables, so all I see is blatant planned obsolescence. Dunno why Philipis would do that since people would sooner just upgrade instead of buy a 2nd SHP9500.

No problem here either. Pads are still clean after around a year later. Not sweating probably helped.

The fabric near the inner earpad is glued on; not sure how that'll react to water.

headfi
>Shure SRH1540s with stock cables pair beautifully with Lotoo Paw Gold Diana. My Moon Audio Silver Dragon MMXC Shure cables made things way too bright with this DAP; I am selling the cables. Sometimes this hobby is trail and error.

should I even continue using headfi for headphone reviews/comments? This sounds silly, what kind of cables would be making the music audibly "too bright".

Best Headphone/Amp-Dac combo for less than 1K?

Those fuckers believe in headphone burn-in and shit like that, so you decide.

The headphone market is so insanely oversaturated that you will read positive nonsense comments anywhere online about any pair of headphones.

fulla 2, buy btc with the change

$16AU

Best cheap in-ear earphones?

Is it possible to upgrade from my soundmagic e10's without spending 100 quid?

amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Etymotic-Research-ERMK-5-mk5-Isolator-Isolating-Black/B00OQG7IC2

That's cheap af, I've been looking at double that

Not him but anything a bit below that pricepoint?

amazon.co.uk/Etymotic-Research-Limiting-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B005TOV0OM

Modi multibit + Jotunheim

NFB-28.38

a..user plz

It's an honest suggestion, it might look silly because it's volume limiting for kids, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. All they do is just put a resistor in the wire so that it doesn't get very loud.

The reviews aren't the best, supposedly the audio is very limiting. I'd rather not have a gimped product that's advertised for kids 2bh

gearbest.app.link/OBpVTykoiF

>KZ ZS5
Bit pricey for me still.

earpads change after 150 hours, yes so of course the sound will change

MDRv6 is a closed monitoring heaphone, he-400 is an open hifi heaphone.

No. The two are not even somewhat similar.

No. It's full of people invested in the "art" of headphone ownership and not actually listening to music with the fucking things.

Take what you read anywhere other than pro music websites with a tiny tiny grain of salt, and try the headphones for yourself before buying. Most reviewers and pundits just spout stream of consciousness bullshit and pat themselves on the back for their overpriced snake oil purchases.

I'm looking for headphones for general use (Games and Music) specifically. I don't want to spend more than 200 USD any ideas?

cheap wireless iems for back to school?

ZS5/ZS3/ZST with KZ Bluetooth cord.

HD600 here.
What's your setup like, user?

bump

Save yourself some $$$ and get the Phillips shp9500s

10000000% this.

Anybody here try the HD 600 for awhile and then use the HD 650? What were your immediate thoughts when using them or A/B testing? I'm not able to try them myself, but I'm getting a little sick of neutral cans but still want that signature. The 650s sound perfect, but I want to know exactly how far off neutral they are. I know they allegedly sound mostly the same, I just want something that's a little more fun but still accurate.

Is the he4xx based on the he400i? That band looks awful, why would they change it

>He400i
>HD600
>DT880
>AKG

Fuck, what do I choose?

He-400i, or if you wanna wait and save $$$ join the he-4xx drop. Second choice would be the dt-880.
Considering you could just do a mild bass bump and get the same sound signature that seems redundant. Id invest in a different can like the dt880, Fidelio x2, or he-400i.

AKG what

The he4xx drop is today isn't it

HD600. It's the less flawed choice among those, and also the one closest to harman target,

Starts August 3rd, but you have to wait a long time to get your headphones most of the time it's a few months. This is the case with all massdrop made stuff. You save a lot of $$$ but it's a long wait.

ITT: Ety EarDildo and Snapheiser MudCannon shills.

Cute cat

>Second choice would be the dt-880.

Tomorrow August 3, 6am Pacific.

My HD600s came today! I'm powering them using a Magni/Modi 2 Uber stack. These are truly glorious! Hahaha, I can stab my eyes out now. I'll never need a thing now that I have the blessed HD600s!

put your trip back on

>Industrial standard quality
>Chink plastic

Even the hifiman headband is made of steel that's padded.

You fool! I've been here since the great migration from SA in the 2000s! You dare accuse me of being a tripfag? I will find where you live, and I will hurt you. You son of bitch! You have no idea what a can of worms you've opened.

I'm so conflicted. What if this is what really happens if I replace my 990 with a hd600.
Years of hd600 shills has eroded my sanity.

>No bass
>Recessed treble
>Chink shit plastic
Go back to being a faggot, OP.

You'll probably think "wow that's dark and there's no bass." And then feel unimaginable regret that you spent $300 on headphones that sound like a tabletop radio.

First high is always the best, then you'll cry out for more.

Suddenly I feel so much better?

avoid AKG and Hifiman if you care about the build of the headphone at all

this isn't just about the cheap construction on the exterior of the headphones (the AKGs are shit btw). There are reports of shitty soldering inside the AKG K7XX for example.

They're all made in china, but that gives them no excuse to skimp on QC. Fiio and Shure for example have consistent quality despite being chink made.

honestly, AKG should be avoided at all costs now. Their HQ isn't even in Austria anymore.

Does ultrasone or grado even make anything worth buying these days

So Beyerdynamic is the only way to roll?

>Innerfidelity
Heh

Tyll also said the he-400i sounded better than the meme600s .