browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/2410338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YES
bumping for interest

thank you kind user

Nailed it.

nice digits

>those feels doe

I still cant believe the text boards are gone, ironically just as SJIS shitposting is becoming mainstream

where on earth did you get that?

The picture?
From Sup Forums.

...one user that visits these threads has it on his wall, it's an enlarged section from the Dutch IBM XT manual

Been getting into Usenet and BBSs lately.

It's actually really cool. Love the push/pull features.

Was able to find this site, but they don't have that picture though.
retropatents.com/products/floppy-disk-drive-patent-print

obviously they don't if it's way older
that retropatents shit looks hipster as fuck though

who want's an ipod schematic on their wall?

Not to mention, expensive, it's cheaper to print posters that size with your own image.

youtube.com/watch?v=6vIyufTki-s

My fellow African Americans
Sorry for same pic yet again, I'm 2000 miles away from this setup now

Can we have a real 4ChanBBS? it would be normies-free

Just found about 30MB of old text files I'd collected about anime from the late-90s/early-00s.

Some of them have had a wonderful amount of effort put into them in terms of design and formatting.

Let me have a VPS and I'll get it done :^)

>it would be normies-free
empty as fuck you mean

nice

Very nice, I recently bought that very same monitor.

The emptiness is the appeal! It's more accurate. Less users = More realistic BBS

Someone doesn't use the secret /jp/ spinoffs I see

>not getting the joke

Is SyncTERM the best option for telnet BBS? it looks comfy enough desu

Does anyone here use this unofficial Windows 98 service pack? It looks like it's still updated which is kind of impressive. It can also make your Windows 98 look like Windows 2000.

htasoft.com/u98sesp/

>old hardware

But we already have a ThinkPad General.

>this joke
>again

Any compatible terminal emulator (or real) is good enough.

wwwtxt.org/tagged/txt

So ive still got a problem with my 380ED's screen

The Magicgraph 128ZV can do 800x600 in 16bit color.
It can also do 640x480 in true color, which is what i want.
The problem is that if i go to 640x480, it doesnt take up the whole screen. Its just a rectangle in the center. This was also a problem with DOS in 98SE, DOS and the applications would only run in 640x480.
Id totally go for 640x480, its only a 12.1" screen, id just like it to take up the entire screen.
Pic in a second

GPU driver is updated, i tried changing the displays driver to a 640x480 one, tried the original IBM driver for the display board, etc

Fuck.
Why does it have to be based on tumblr, it was almost so cool (it is cool)

I prefer Qodem, personally.

Sure it's not just a Fn key on the keyboard or a option in BIOS?

It's gonna look like ass btw.

where's your God now?

>deluxe paint

not a bios option (bios runs in 800x600 ironically) and FN + F7 just disables the screen
there are no settings in the advance tab of the display adapters menu's

are there certain kinds of screens that cant scale resolution or something?
google is showing me other people with this same problem

its an FRSTN display

iBookin in 2017. Tenfourfox runs ublock and 4chanx pretty damn well. Only a little lag when loading big pages.

No clue, never owned a laptop that didn't scale.
Always was an option in BIOS or a Fn key.

Can you actually do this to reliably decap QFP chips?

I'm legit interested.

I raise your 2003 laptop my 2003 laptop
Really shows that apple was behind some ways but man they had style compared to professional laptops of the time
Gee fowty is thicc

Those are fake cache chips.
To make your board seem better than it is.

Really weird to see old computer adverts sell their device based on what it can let you make, rather than now where its based on what you can consume.

>it was apple who was behind
>posts a laptop without a trackpad

>Those are fake cache chips.
oh. hahahhahaa. The INTEL label on them should've given me a clue.

I remember the first time I got a computer with a cooling fan I thought "boy I can't wait until this passes."

Still waiting...

Spec wise, also the G40 had a trackpad option, mine was a lower end model when it was new.

But that power PC g4 chip compared to my 2.8ghz Pentium 4 is like a Celeron to an i7 today

Yup, I had a R40 when my brother had a iBook G4.
The R40 pretty much destroyed it in the sense of specs, but the G4 back then with it's own Apple ecosystem and software was just so much smoother and seemed so much more productive.

youtube.com/watch?v=87tiT16BZf0

There's a sequel to "I'm an asshole who got a brand new IBM- AT."

Why an asshole? Those ATs where available for anyone to buy.

There's also the party patches to let you run up to 4GB of ram and 3TB hard drives on win 98 but those are proprietary and cost like $25 each.

Because it makes me feel better for not having one.

thats what i mean, apple made some danm sexy and great to use machines, if they had the specs to back it up they would've danm near killed off windows

Oh christ my IRQs hurt just looking at that

>"man those scan lines"
jokes on you, that's a non-aperture grille CRT

I know windows ME isn't popular on Sup Forums, but I loved the startup and shutdown sounds most compared to 95/98/2000/xp/and others.
youtube.com/watch?v=39xq0rn2n3o

Topkek, same here.

>I'm an asshole
An asshole who makes shitloads of money by filming himself with his old shit
An asshole who gets donations of every single rare kind of tech
An asshole who has shitloads of money just to buy himself more tech

having a brand new AT is the least appealing thing

user from a few days ago.
I got the display working better, it was due to a setting being reset from a bad CMOS battery. Does anyone know of floppy imgs for detecting HDD settings for these machines, I'd rather not open it up to see if the label is still there

Its a 2005 laptop but let's just throw in a 2001 laptop and split the difference!.
Its a fucking shit trackpad with a one button click. I greatly prefer the clitmouse.

Don't think there is.

Have a look around some DOS shareware archives.

Need to get some more comfy pictures of my oldass Gateway fleet. Maybe when I get home.

>I greatly prefer the clitmouse.
trackpoint is only useful when space is constricted, not just on the laptop, obviously it was first made as a replacement cursor input device for very small laptops, but I mean your own usage space, like using it in a car with the front seat right against your knees
also great to use when standing up
else the trackpad is superior in every way
I prefer to have both options on my laptop

could have sworn there was a bbishoppcm video where he did that with a ibm xt clone. come to think of it, he might have had to read the label and use a floppy disk to write the setting to the cmos.

>he didn't get an invite to the Sup Forums BBS

Reminder that it's not "authentic" unless you're using an actual dial-up modem and old ass computer to do it.

Most BBSs run at a low baud rate anyway.

any one know where to look for actual retro shit in LA? such of fan of it but man anything 'retro' is usually just hipster shit like polaroid. my biggest bet is probably a goodwill

>bbishoppcm
that guy with the faggot vwestlife and druaga1 are some topkek guys
sometimes there's something right under their nose, yet they lack the logic to figure it out or use it, then there's 20 minutes of video them trying to find out said thing with help of google

ebay, local ads and goodwills
I don't know of any magical hole in LA (or anywhere actually) where even a blind man can find retro

If you want to get into a pissing match over trackpads, Macbooks consistently have garbage trackpads and the ThinkClit has the fine-controls of a joystick and leaves left and right click open to use WHILE the mouse is moving.

Pretty much. I also hate it when they get stuff wrong and present it to viewers like it's true, don't like false education.

share pls

Yup

Not modren ones

The ones on MacBooks these days are OP though compared to TrackPoints. Multi Touch, gestures, amazing responsiveness and accuracy, I really loved using one.

What on earth are you doing

>leaves left and right click open to use WHILE the mouse is moving
this is different from a touchpad how? you can drag on a touchpad you know

nigger that's an abomination

>nigger

yeah just hoping to get lucky at a thrift store rather than buying from a company selling retro shit for more than it should be worth.

>good design is an abomination
maybe that's what's wrong with tech and kids these days

did you

decap a fucking keyboard to put bucking spring keys in

i killed my t42 by stabbing it with a butterfly knife, after numerous hardware failures and issues with trying to install different operating systems, i later discovered the power board in the thing was pretty much dead and my bios had been corrupted by probably unreleated means, both USB ports died so installing a new OS was a no-go without a CD burner that i dont have
thing was a housefire even with a thicc cooler from an r52, loud ass fan, loud ass drives
and was on its last legs even when i got it

i still feel pretty bad about it, it was definitely a matter of me being incredibly pissed off and breaking shit

there's craigslist you know
most ebay sellers are single persons too

the amount of non-pity I feel against people who destroy hardware because they have issues with their nerves is remarkable
grow up

Mine is a 2.4, but despite being a big bitch in the (mac favoring) benchmarks, the iBook seems faster for browsing and other general use. It is probably because im using a browser made for ppc machines, but still.
>g40 browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/view/2637790
>iBook (not mine but identical specs and i cant find the version of GB2 that runs on tiger) browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/2410338
Its cool as fuck that OS9/ppc still has even this very basic dev support.
RIP. Pretty much any modern laptop dvd drive can burn cds though user. I hope that it wasnt one with a high res screen, because then the one part you killed yourself is the one that would be an apparently easy swap into that g40 of yours.

my job leaves me with 0 patience, i fix shit that breaks constantly, my job is best described as electrical tape and anger

so i have no time to be dealing with fixing 2 dozen things at once, its a 20 dollar laptop, if i really want to use a T42 again (which i dont because Pentium M's suck dick) ill just buy a new one

>9000/310 finally arrives
>yes fucks yes
>go to shitbox enabler
>"I don't got much senpai but I think these are ur kind of thing"
>spaghetti all the way home
now I have a valid excuse to buy some HP-HIL shit and get NeXTSTEP and 9.x on these