Stupid IOT thread

Can we have another one of these?

>tovula
>$399
>essentially glorified toaster over
>qr code scanner so you dont have to enter the cooking time
>$36 for 3 prepackaged meals

Don't you want airplane food in the comfort of you're own home Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

tovala.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tovala.com/

Killer web design

>Good home cooking takes too much effort.
that's not true at all

>>qr code scanner so you dont have to enter the cooking time

That's not such a bad idea and has nothing to do with IoT.

>tovula
holy fuk

have you guys bought your smart salt shaker yet?

dont you want to be the life of a party?

yeah lets add all the complexity of a qr scanner rather than having a dial to turn

Agreed. It's so confusing having to convert seconds to microwave time. Just give me a damn QR code to scan!

>alexa enabled
My ducking sides
>hold shaker over food
>"alexa, salt my food please
>"I'm sorry I don't understand the question"
>alexa, salt my food please
>"ok"
Lmao

>tovala.com/
2vulva

>you have to connect it to your phone

>2017
>his diet doesn't consist exclusively of meals prepared with a Tovula smart oven and fresh proprietary juice squeezed by a Juicero cold-press juicer

>This isn't from an Onion article
>It's real

I don't care enough to buy one.
But if my microwave did have a barcode scanner (which is probably less than $10 to add) I would use it.

Easier than reading the label, compensating for wattage, and entering manually.

I hate IoT with a passion, but I'm not against technology.

But don't you want an interactive centerpiece for your next dining experience?
youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k

This.

Entering numbers isn't hard, but if what I was throwing in the microwave had a QR code on it that I could just scan as I was tossing it in then I would use it all the time.

I wouldn't stop buying things without QR codes, or exclusively use my microwave on QR enabled things (I wouldn't buy a microwave you couldn't manually set times on, for example) but if it was there I would definitely use it. So long as the only data in the code was the time data and it wasn't connecting to the Internet to track my eating habits.

This would really be a good use of technology and it's a wonder microwave manufacturers haven't banded together to develop a standard already.

One of the reasons microwave food comes out so shitty is that the instructions have to assume the user is a retard who can't change the microwave wattage, so they just assume you'll use the "high" setting. Having a QR-code based cook setting would let whoever made the food precisely set the cooking power and timing to ensure it comes out as intended regardless of microwave manufacturer.

I actually microwaved some food that had cooking times for different wattages listed on it, and what do you fucking know the wattage of my microwave isnt printed anywhere on it unless it was on the bottom.

>the wattage of my microwave isnt printed anywhere on it unless it was on the bottom.
It's usually on the back or side along with all the other power information.

"smart" overpriced consumer appliances ain't real IoT

The back side hat volts and amps, but no wattage for some reason

Well the current draw is probably close to the wattage then, just multiply those volts by the amps and take a guess.