Cryptobubble

How do you short cryptocurrencies?

I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that they are all severely over-inflated right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitfinex.com/trading
pionline.com/article/20150922/ONLINE/150929948/harvard-endowment-returns-58-for-fiscal-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bitcoin is shit and is going to die a horrible death at some point within the next 10 years, probably closer to 5. Majoirty of alt-coins fall as well.

Monero will and Not A Currency™ Ethereum will survive relatively unaffected. Eventually much longer down the line the World will either turn into apcap dream/space western (depending on technological advancement) and world runs on Monero (it or something else that appears in the future) or will turn into Communist Land and currency is eradicated. Ethereum dies because quality of life is recuded so much, Monero's fate in the black market unknown.

It's only run on belief. If you can either destroy block chaining, somehow, or destroy belief in the currency, you can debase it.

This doesn't answer my question. How do you SHORT a cryptocurrency?

You will get assraped if you try to short crypto unless you have intimate knowledge of the whims of a several million greedy chinks

install gentoo

Then go to /biz/

This thread isn't about whether or not it's a good idea. This thread is about how to do it if you wanted to do it.

How is Bitcoin not going to get completely fucked by quantum computing?

no.

Everything is going to be fucked unless they implement quantum hardening (similar to how some currencies are ASIC hardened). Currently Monero is looking into this sort, but currently is not implimented because quantum computers are a long way off. Without quantum hardening, complete consolidation of the network into one miner would happen, which basicly breaks everything since you would become god of the currency (unless someone else has a quantum computer).

The easiest way to short it is to find some cryptocurrency that is no longer being worked on (look for an open source one). Do a commit to the code to make it look new, and then get a bunch of currency (it'll be worth next to nothing). Start pumping it up as the next big currency, and once the value increases flog your coins off.

It's shorting crypto simply because you're not pretending the the whole goddamn thing is not a pump and dump scheme.

>I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that they are all severely over-inflated right now.
well? what's preventing you?

Any major exchange lets you do it. Bitfinex, Poloniex, heck Bitmex lets you margine trade 100x. Deribit only has Bitcoin now, but they also have options. Bitmex has other major alts, but they only have futures, no options. I'm sure there's others exchanges where you can short but these are the ones I use

Pick your poison

He doesn't know how.

Bitfinex, bitmex, Poloniex

You just have to buy an option to sell at a certain price. This price has to be somewhere between what you think the cryptocurrency is worth and its current price.
Then when/if the cryptocurrency gets to that value you think it actually has, you buy the actual cryptocurrency and you exercise your option to sell (at a higher price).

That's how you short a cryptocurrency.

If you're willing to bet thousands of dollars then just put into an Index fund, unless you're a retard.

>How do you short cryptocurrencies?
Fake internet money aren't stocks. They don't come with trading options.

I'm already very rich. I don't know shit about cryptocurrency, but I have money to play with and it seems like it would be fun to get into this market.

Yes you can, you can have options on derivatives, stocks, currencies, cryptocurrencies.

>being this fucking stupid

you can even go 100x leverage on bitcoin, long or short, on various sites

yes they do.
>bitfinex.com/trading

I'm sure you are rich, but if you know nothing about cryptocurrencies then why would you just assume that you can buy options and beat the market. You have the same odds as a monkey throwing darts at the wall.

>pionline.com/article/20150922/ONLINE/150929948/harvard-endowment-returns-58-for-fiscal-year

If the guys handling harvards endowment can't beat the market what makes you think you could ? That's without even discussing transaction costs which could fuck you. If you feel like playing with money around do it on an industry you know, not just on cryptocurrencies.

Holy fuck this shit is autistic. If you want to analyze numbers then become a real fucking stock analyst instead of trading Bcash, Zcash, Ethereum, and Ethereum Classic on your phone app

>you think you could ?

Only one way to find out.

I'm mining 1 xmr a month for free, comfy af

>for free
For someone else's money, you mean.