How stupid is it to use model m for gaming?

How stupid is it to use model m for gaming?

Please stop playing video games.

vidya gaymes are for children REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>stop enjoying hobbies I can't enjoy

Not a problem at all, unless you're some sort of wimpy person that can't even press mechanical keys.
This or if you're a jew during the sabbath.

pretty stupid

if it's the only keyboard you've used for your whole life then maybe there'd be reason to, but most seem like they're trying to use a model m as a fashion statement

since it's ps2 you don't have n-key rollover which can really gimp you if you're pressing multiple keys at once. invest in a regular usb mechanical keyboard

It's considered slightly suboptimal because of high activation force (and thus high activation time even if you're the Hulk, that spring needs time to buckle.) If you gravitate toward mechanical boards because you're heavy-handed and tend to be unsure whether you've activated membranes and either miss inputs or over-press, on the other hand, it's great, and it's easily better than a membrane for an average person even if smoother activations are in turn a slight improvement over it.

It's also hands-down the best multitasker option unless you have roommates. Only a full greens mechanical comes close, and the only non-custom one of those I've seen was a limited Logicool production run.

>since it's ps2 you don't have n-key rollover
ps/2 can do n-key rollover, it has been able to for much longer than usb has, but it's true that the model-m's matrix doesn't support it

Pretty stupid.
Ergonomically bad since it's wide as hell, which means you'll be putting your arms further away from each other than you should. If you can find a similar TKL board, it would be fine.

oh right, you're right, I'm dumb. I totally forgot my keyboard has a usb to ps2 coverter and still can n-key

Very.
For games you want MX Reds and not buckling springs.

summerfag

>Reds
KYS homo, I'd like not to actuate my keyboard when I sneeze

You don't have analog precision with a keyboard, Reds or well same with Blacks, you can easily press it multiple times easily very quickly.

disregard one "easily"

Are there Model M with winkey? It would be best keyboard as for me.

you could get a japanese model m and map 無変換 to win and 変換 to option, if you don't mind spacelets
or even better, カタカナ/ひらがな/ローマ字 to Win and the other two to the extra two space cadet keyboard modifier keys, if you're smart enough to rewrite your keyboard driver

It's totes mcgotes fine unless you're a woman, you'll also need to sort the lack of rollover, Unicomps don't have this issue.

t. been using unicomps for gaymen for 6+ years

>MX Reds and not buckling springs.
/thread

but user, Model Ms were designed for women, typing was a chick job while men wrote cursive

Sure, but limp wristed fags will complain about the actuation force. It doesn't even make any difference for gaymen, once you've pressed it down all the way the force pushing back up is much less than the actuation force.

>Falling for the gaming keyboard meme