Got memed

So, you're telling me this piece of plastic garbage has superior build quality than the Mac?

Thinkpads are really made out of fucking plastic nowadays?

polycarbonate, and it's supported by a magnesium rollcage inside.

Feels like shit. I got this for my gf, the display is fucking TN garbage.

I'm returning this piece of shit

>T440
5/10 made me reply

>gets literally the WORST T series thinkpad
>complains

>metal means build quality

polycarbonate takes impacts and holds it's form, once metal is dented it's fucked.

you got apple memed.

those fucking buzzwords, it's fucking garbage and you know it.

Base TN display option is fucking garbage you say? On a Thinkpad?

Who woulda thought

The MacBook Air TN panel is years ahead

Where you live? It's a hobo hostel? Turn back both laptops jamal

That display is a joke as well.

>polycarbonate
you mean cheap plastic shit

Macbooks are 100% glass and aluminium

My Thinkpad™ X200 does not have this problem.

The new ones are literally the same (except for the trackpad)

He wasn't implying you get a newer one.

that's a sad looking bedroom. Maybe it would be nice if you stop wasting money on memes and find yourself a nicer place to live in.

*Aluminium that's softer than poly carbonate, glass that shatters
FTFY

You sound like someone who's still upset about plastic car bumper covers.

aluminum unibodies are fucking stupid

you want something flexible that doesn't bend out of shape

you also want it to absorb shock by coming apart somewhat, not transmit it to the internal components

plastic makes a better laptop, scientifically

Haha wat

>macfag gets wind of good computers
>intentionally gets the worst one to "prove the pc community wrong"
>mfw it's still probably better than his Mac
fanboyism, not even once.

haha wtf, people STILL buy plastic laptops?
enjoy your cracked plastic around the hinges

I've been reading your posts, I can safely say you are underage, and retarded

If you can't understand what makes a thinkpad superior then you simply don't deserve it. Return it so someone who isn't a techlet have it.

once you live with a mac for more then the 2 minutes you touched one at BB there is no going back to trash plastic laptops.

>Confusing Thinkpads with the plastic consumer crap you see at most stores

Totally different construction

so true bro. I'm too poor to buy my ugly poor gf a laptop, so I bought this for 160$ on newegg. Now my gf is hanging out with chad and Tyrone because I can't even get her a Mac like daddy bought me. Fuck you Sup Forums

Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

bitch my uncle is the c e yo motherfucker he will confiscate your iTunes rights

while the meme is amusing, it's all about personal enjoyment. If you guys like old ass plastic tech that's fine.

How is this even a conversation? Thinkpad memers are even fucking dumber than mac people, one device was meant to be deployed with high rates of modularity and reliability for enterprise people who don't give a shit about IPS screen dolby atmos surround sound and need to use something as an actual productivity tool and not to discuss the existential musings of Linus Media Group

the other device is an aesthetic halo driven luxury product that is designed for media consumption and basic tasks in a reliable and customer service oriented way

choose your poison you dumb faggots

>enjoy your cracked plastic around the hinges

Thinkpads have metal hinges attached to the metal frame.

I enjoy your fat gf every night thanks to your icloud pics

I have a macbook pro and two thinkpads. The only advantages the MBP has are the screen and the trackpad. The MBP is full of dents and can't be used on your lap because the metal body fries your nuts.

>buy *40 series
>complains

give my asshole a lick, macboy

>If you guys like old ass plastic tech that's fine.

I actually do.

Stays nice and cool.
And it's extremely light.

You use macs you shouldn't be allowed to post on Sup Forums

I have one t440. Screen is shit but don't care o just use it on field when I cant use desktop. Nice battery and can throw around without much trouble.

HAHAHAHAH well memed OP

t. x220

No physical buttons
Nothing new

IMO modern Thinkpads (60 and 70 series) have nicer screens than Macs.

Great anti glare coating and high brightness, so you can actually use them under less than ideal lightning.
And the colors are very accurate, none of those oversaturated Apple colors.

the hinges are also attached to the screen's plastic backing, which has no metal, the hinges flex and break the plastic

You mean like how the the flimsy metal frame in the MacBook screen had fatigue crack problems in the hinge area starting in 2007 and going until they supposedly improved the design? Not sure why I'm bothering to argue with someone who's so ignorant he doesn't know that polycarbonate and magnesium are actual materials (
)

calibrated P3 ips

yeah ok sure

Not sure if trolling or retarded.
But the hinges are obviously attached to the aluminium frame.

That's magnesium you walking turd.

Then why does the filename say otherwise?

>glass
>aluminium
>not some of the most delicate materials

What should you trust, a random filename put there by a chink, or the fucking look of the material?
It looks like powdered and sintered magnesium that achieved that format by moulding.

OK, no need to sperg out.
Remember to take your pills.

not all of them have that. the T440s for example uses plastic

Again, filename: T440 T450 T460

>fell for the thinkpad meme
>fell for the linux meme
>fell for the mkb meme
>fell for the umpc meme
>fell for the duckduckgo meme
>fell for the chinkphone meme
Basically do the opposite of Sup Forums and you'll be alright

but not T440s

>it's metal so it's stronger!
M8...

Here's a (You) and get the fuck out.

Actually my life improved a lot since I started running Fedora on a XPS 13 and bought a chinkphone. Thanks, Sup Forums - Technology!

>macshit
>build quality

Fuck off

>t. assblasted mactoddler

If you don't like Apple stuff, stop buying it.
Oh, wait...

zero counter-points

Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

> droping liquid on your laptop
> ever
kek

>Toy has flaw
>"Just don't use it in a way to expose the flaw"
Amazing damage control.

Be prepared for the unexpected.

> high brightness
You now the new Macs have 500 nits of brightness right?

> doesn't have a fucking liquid drainer
> it's a flaw
so literally every other laptop is flawed?

Based Tim Cuck

Which one should I get Sup Forums? T450 or L450?

>shitty Asus ultrabook has something loose inside from travelling with the luggage in a plane once
>lenovo literally fell 10 times and i never had an issue with it

This is a comparisant between Thinkpads and macs, not every other laptop.

I'd rather have 10 hours battery life and a retina display on a aluminium + glass build that runs MacOS and has a godtier trackpad instead of having a shitty drainer (kek)

>I'd rather have 10 hours battery life
Enjoy second place

Mac is better than shit Thinkpads. Who the fuck wants a plastic piece of shit that looks like it was made in the 90's? Laughable.

>who doesn't want trackpad shortcuts

> thinkshits can't get past 3 hours of battery life without the external bulge battery

BTFO

Or as more commonly refered to: tim penis fly trap cook

tim cook is gay

he sucks cocks on a daily basis

he's a homosexual, one of the most disgusting things on earth

What's your problem? If you don't like it, don't use it. It's a free world. What's the point in creating useless threads? Sup Forums have become a consumerist shit-hole with people like you. Even ycombinator has more interesting discussions.

>"they're only buzzwords" argument

Sure, the same way "sugar" and "wheat" are buzzwords for what's in bread. You dumb fuck.

Because most macfags have a burning desire to find other morons like themselves who also pretend they didn't just invest thousands on a laptop that overheats and throttles constantly.

t. someone who got a macbook as a gift

>windows laptop that can play games
>or overpriced macbook with problems from the start that will break within 5 months in some way because its just chinese garbage that you will install windows on anyway and discover it cant support 1080p without lagging in every application

You know whats nice with Lenovos as well...

When you drop the fucking thing, say the screen corner gets dented, get a new plastic cover if you feel like it... screen may need to be replaced depending on how bad your fall was. ... Mac... then your fucked because you have dented aluminium, theres like NO space between the screen and the body, and your replacing fucking everything.. Or you can risk replacing the screen and then breaking the thing again due to not being able to 'bend glass'... fuck apple

>will break within 5 months
OP here, that macbook is 3 years old already, absolutely no stains on the aluminium case.

Now look at that thinkpad, it's 4 years old, it's completely stained, there's a few dead pixels on that garbage display and the external battery is dead.

> it cant support 1080p without lagging
That's the thinkshit, oh wait, it's maximum resolution is 900p.
The Mac has Iris Pro 5200 graphics while the thinkshit has HD 4400

Most MacBook drops don't cause serious damage though.

Are you retarded? Literally all I have to do is force my thinkpad to stop using it's fans and rely on the metal plates I installed to cool it. Then I drop the CPU speed and make the GPU basically useless until I decide to turn the program off.
It's called power saving mode and I get almost 9 hours of battery life in a regular day, 6 hours with continuous light usage like Mozilla, 4 hours with heavy usage on a program like blender.
If you aren't poor you can just buy extra batteries and carry a backpack with decent pockets on it instead of a vans backpack. Btw with my jumbo battery I basically rape a Mac in every usage scenario and here's a plus. I can run battlefield 1 for hours before I need to look for a charger or switch my main battery while my laptop is fully reliant on it's secondary battery.
>Not using the money you saved to buy an IPS display and controller for the thinkpad.
>Being unable to purchase a microfiber rag because you spent all your cash on a fagbook.
>Being this dumb
>But I in two to three isolated cases dropped my MacBook and it was safe. >So what if it was only from heights a glass cup could survive?
Repairing a MacBook starts at 200 and the moment you need to touch the motherboard, guess what happens next. 700 easy!

Up until the T470 which has an entirely redesigned body.

If you want metal, you go for the HP Elitebook.

Mactards will never know this feel. If you grew up with serviceable technology, you too would see no reason to downgrade to soldered, glued, overpriced proprietary-component consumerist trash.

if only you could return yourself too : ^)

can you upgrade the GPU? No? Then into the trash it goes.

You can set up an eGPU via expresscard/thunderbolt.
>integrated graphics
>upgradable
Show me one single desktop motherboard with such feature.

> expresscard
kek, enjoy your 3Gb/s speeds

> iGPU
into the trash it goes

what's with that metal fetish nowadays?

>Thinkpad
>Windows 10
>FagOS

holy shit

You're in a laptop thread, retard.

>fetish
its just common sense, metal is more durable, feels better, and looks better
btw i never had mac, but i was working in service center for 3 years and i can say that thinkpads have one of the best build quality, but its just can't get any better than macbooks