Anti-Math

How far can you go in the computer world if you are bad at math?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vP7xmOEcXkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that pic

what is this from? it's re-triggering my childhood autism

Stand at the doorstep, at most.

there was a PBS show with a segment called MathMan

youtube.com/watch?v=vP7xmOEcXkA

as fas as anyone else , albeit a bit slower , you just use your calculator (ti84+ ofc) constantly

can the TI-84 do al gore rhythms?

Pretty far, as long as you find the right niche.

Depends on what you want to do. You can do all kinds of web programming and software developing without much math. Some algorithms might take extra effort to implement, though. You might not always see a simple solution to a problem either. Anything to do with graphics, modeling and drawing would be out of the question. Pretty much no game development either. Coming up with new algorithms and calculating their efficiency would probably be too hard.

>pretty much no game development
You don't have to write 3D engines to make games. Most formulas you can google anyway.

maybe just get really good at web scraping? is there money in that?

Pretty much everything.

You won't be able to do stats, AI, or domain-specific tasks, but pretty much everything from syscuck to fullstack software engineer, and everything in between.

Goddamn, I'm starting to develop a fetish for petites.

quints confirm
I doubt it. Have you ever heard of web scraping consulting? The best scraping is probably done in youtube-dl so everyone can look it up.

How can someone be bad at math? At it takes is some practice, my man.
People that say that math is hard are either legally retards or just lazy.

Not very far because math is about logic and problem solving, which is what computer science is about. Being bad at math is a good indicator you're bad at computers.

but i've been using computers all my life. my parents and grandparents say I'm a real expert.

There's plenty of heavy lifting to be done in information technology without can big math.

Yeeeaaaah, I'm gonna go ahead and check that, mkay?

>t.Sup Forums
Attention spans, working memory sizes, and capacities for recalling rule sets vary.
>and that's why there's wolfram alpha?

Discalculia (sort of like dislexia for numbers.) I tested positively for it when I was 16. My problem solving skills are good, I understand all equations and concepts, but I struggle to visualise or keep track of numbers to such a degree that even multiplying double digits in my head is very difficult without using pure memory. People with discalculia are very good at algebra, actually.

The problem is stuff like enemy IA, path finding algorhitms, physics.

>People with discalculia are very good at algebra
Yuu are lucky then, because Algebra is the most important math for CS imho

Just fucking learn math you fucking home schooled faggots. 1+1 = 2. A big number times a big number equals a bigger numer. You divide a small number by a big number, you get a fraction. You divide a big number by a smaller number, you get a result that's greater than 1. RREEEEEEEE

The ability to manipulate abstract symbols is very important to understanding and simplifying algorithms. You should be fine.

Little Isaac from Herzliya posting "You're not funny" in here was funnier than you are.

>triggered no math faggot

>Discalculia

It's like the perfect solution.

>be suburban parent
>son failing math
>school doctor diagnoses son with discalculia
>it's no longer my fault my son is a moron

wheewwww

kek