What's better dvi or hdmi?

what's better dvi or hdmi?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector
displayport.org/products-database/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HDMI, though I prefer DisplayPort to both.

The latest HDMI has more bandwidth than even DVI-D, and it's more-compact connector allows more ports per device. And that's even before you consider mini-HDMI or whatever they call it.

Displayport

HDMI is better than DVI, but DisplayPort beats the shit out of both of them

I meant to say 'more bandwidth than even Dual-link DVI' obviously.

3G-SDI

DVI is physically stronger.
HDMI has DRM.
DVI has that stupid incompatible standards thing going for it.
HDMI cables fail easily.
HDMI has somewhat higher bandwidth i think?

I prefer DVI because screwing in the cable is really nice for making sure its seated correctly and will not fall out.
If they had just settled on DVI-D and only ever used that, it would be the best for most applications between these two standards.

We should have settled on SDI.
The same cabling use for older RGB-HV via 3x 75ohm Coaxial cables terminated in BNC can still be used today for 12G-SDI which does 2160p60@12bit

Everything else is a scam,

DVI just for the single fact that it doesn't switch between 59.94hz and 60hz like HDMI does all the fucking time.

DVi is great for old pc's
HDMI is just better having both sound and video.

at the momment i used both
the user that said the hdmi fail easily is correct i'm now on my 4th cable and they ain't cheap ether.

I never owned a Display port based item so i don't know.

DVI
or HDMI 2.0
but mostly displayport

HDMI is better but it's also worse.
While DVI doesn't carry sound through most monitors, HDMI does, but ONLY if you have a video signal at the same time, which is a fucking pain when you use a monitor that is 1600p where HDMI is limited to 1080p and you want 8 channel sound.
Solution is retarded because of the DRM so you have to fake having a second monitor on the primary monitor to make the GPU send the audio.

DisplayPort

DVI carries both sound and video too.
Can't blame DVI for the monitor's lack of audio.
You can fix the monitors problem with an DVI to HDMI adapter as dumb as that is.

DVI is better because you can feasibly access the pins

VGA

>VGA
Terry-approved.

>DVI carries both sound and video too.
Only non-standard ones. The standard DVI spec doesn't support audio.

If you do anything besides Daisy chained displayport you are truly subhuman

DisplayPort. Never under any circumstance should you support HDMISIS or the entertainment cartels behind it.

>Autism
Opinion discarded

>GPU generates digital data
>data gets converted to analog signal
>signal is transmitted through a long cable
>after reaching the monitor signal is converted back to digital and displayed
literally the most retarded solution for LCD monitors

>VGA is analog
Back to school user

VGA is analog, idiot.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector
>VGA connectors and cables carry analog component RGBHV (red, green, blue, horizontal sync, vertical sync) video signals, and VESA Display Data Channel (VESA DDC) data.

>all pins are binary
>I2c data channel
What about this analog exactly

whose feet is that

Are you really retarded or are you just pretending? The only digital pins on VGA are DDC stuff, everything related to video (R, G, B, Hsync, Vsync) is analog.

M-mine...

YES! Epic troll!
Stay mad, kid.

You better hang yourself, animetard. Immediately.

>posting worst feet

1 / programming socks
would not code

anime website

I want to worship queen Neko's feet

>she'll never rub her sweaty feet all over my face after a long day of school

delet this

delet these rn

VGA. You can be sure it's analog, so you don't have to deal with DRM.

HDMI if not solely for the support of audio. 90% of applications are covered by the capability of hdmi

Displayport is great. I love how there's an extra pin that feeds power back into your gpu and fries it if you don't get special certified cables. I also like how it's almost impossible to tell whether the cables meet the certification and how even reputable brands have this cool feature.

spotted the hdmi shill

displayport.org/products-database/
HDMI is for retards. You should use DisplpayPort, but don't forget to buy one of these special, certified cables from this list here for 50 good goy point if you don't want to fry your card!

fucking footfags, interjecting their bullshit everywhere

DVI can contain audio.

Not as bad as furfags

Does anyone have a quick explanation on how dvi and hdmi works?

Eg, VGA works by sending a voltage between 0-0.7V out for each colors and then have two signals for horizontal and vertical sync.
By detecting the right frequencies of these sync signals, the monitor can detect the resolution and sync up the sent pixel to the displayed pixel.

Post more

dvi cause i can get hella epic 144hz refresh rates