Glofo detailed their 7nm process

glofo detailed their 7nm process
semiwiki.com/forum/content/6879-exclusive-globalfoundries-discloses-7nm-process-detail.html

60% more eff than the 14nm
40% more eff than the 10nm

intel is literally left behind

Massive if Materialized

can't wait

YES
DIE JUDEN DIE

Its impossible to make such a comparison as Zen2 will have more transistors, newer power saving IP, but speculation is fun:
If AMD managed to deliver a 40% reduction in power at ISO frequency we could see a 3.3ghz chip with 8 cores at just 35w. We could have a possibly have a full Zen2 1700 equivalent inside of a laptop.
If 60% reduction in power translated into the the final product for AMD then we'd be looking at that very chip under 25w.

14nm LPP's target frequency range was listed as ">3ghz", so the 40% performance boost here is showing they can hit frequencies of 4.2ghz and higher with complex logic.

Pretty impressive all around. The 7nm process will really shine with EUV in coming years.

wrong pic

YOU DARE TO QUESTION IBM BLACK MAGIC?

More like white magic desu

ITS YERRO MAGICKO TOO

you are so cute :3

What

>we could see a 3.3ghz chip with 8 cores at just 35w
>If 60% reduction in power translated into the the final product for AMD then we'd be looking at that very chip under 25w.
S-stop user.

Zen 2 in 2018, wow

>:3

What the fuck. Is Zen2 coming out next year? I think I'm going with 1600 or 1700 instead of TR and then go full good goy later.

Think about it, we already have the Ryzen 7 1700 with a 3ghz base clock, 3.7ghz turbo sitting at 65w. Its not too outlandish to envision a 35w 7nm SKU matching that.
Performance figures for the APUs should be outstanding. They'll definitely regain massive ground in the thin notebook segment.

Likely late into 2018.

Mommy Su has already confirmed it's due in 2H 2018. Then the Jew will truly be finished.

>meanwhile at intel, 10nm is confirmed slower than 14nm.

So happy i went ryzen 1700. Ill prob jump on second gen 7nm if tehy put out a 16 or 32c on am4. All i need now id volta to drop so i can upgrade this damn rx480 4gb

Nah, fuck Nvidia. I'd rather wait for IF on Navi.

>5 Ghz Threadripper 1950X drawing full Ryzen 1800X in thin laptop

Holy shit. Make it happen.

>Threadripper

Just call it Deus Vult already.

I prefer Yidripper.

Will 7nm restore my foreskin

no refunds

Impossible, rabbi ate it.

i heard they burn it with i9s nowdays

Wasn't there, at one stage, claims of ~5GHz clock speeds?

Regardless, I'm kinda glad I hopped on Ryzen.
My original idea was 6600k & discounted Z170, but couldn't quite make my mind up, so went for the cheaper alternative because I'm a poor faggot.
Now I just need to buy compatible memory, since the kit I bought was DoA

>at one stage

It's still there.

>Wasn't there, at one stage, claims of ~5GHz clock speeds?

that was CanardPC Hardware claiming their ES hits 5Ghz on 1 Core

the jews, the?

5GHz Zen? Fuck, I'd like to see that. Might even give up my delidded 7700k (5GHz, 1.3875v, 74C Aida64) for one of those.

>glofo detailed their 7nm process
NOOOOOOOOOOOO