/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?
SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>browser?
Brave, Vivaldi
>email?
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
>SMS/Hangouts?
XMPP, Signal.
>calendar?
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
>keep?
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
>news?
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

mailinabox.email/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Brave actually a good browser?

the merchant was fired. get over it.

Just switched to DuckDuckGo because of bangs and because Google asks me to enter the captcha almost every time I try to search something. It's so fucking good, I don't even care if it's a honeypot.

What is the purpose of this thread?

Just use Firefox.

Enough with the fucking inane generals holy shit

Sup Forums equivalent to /vg/ when? /gg/?

Honestly I'm not sure I'd want to run OwnCloud or NextCloud. As much as I hate giving my calendar info to google, hosting costs just for calendar stuff is just a little much.

An open source alternative to Trello would also be nice but I don't know if there's anything comparable.

>vivaldi
Proprietary botnet. It's not fully open source.
>brave
Shit on desktops
Include firefox and nightly as browsers if you're gonna spam this thread every day.
Remove hotmail.

On android, yes. Desktop, no. It even causes screen tearing on Linux for some reason.

Does Sup Forums X work on Brave?

Nothing works on brave. They don't allow addons. Better question is why aren't you just mobile posting using Clover.

Why would you recommend Brave or Vivaldi? They're both based off of chromium and pretty terrible, might as well just use chromium (although I thought the point was to avoid Google in the first place).

>Clover
I think you mean Dashchan

>DuckDuckGo

Daily reminder.

>omg they know your IP address and user agent

The person who made this image is retarded.

So there's still no proofs that DDG is a botnet?

Is there an infographic on how to set up an email server?

you guys are insufferable

I mean yeah DDG is absolutely shit, but
>uses nginx
>nginx can be used as ssl terminator
>ignoring that this might be because it's a fucking reverse proxy and the actual servers are in the same local network (which is actually stated in parentheses right next to the highlighted text)
>also ignoring that nginx can just as well work as a fully functioning web server and is specifically made to be high performance while staying light on resources, which is specifically ddg's use case
this fag is indeed retarded

Some suggestions:

Email
>Mailfence

VPN
>Perfect Privacy
>AirVPN

Calendar
>Mailfence

Search engine
>Qwant

>people are just now boycotting google
lol they already have every bit of information about you

they might have a fair amount now, but they won't later if people keep it up

Half of the image is retarded but the other half isn't. The creator really did make an email-based pyramid scheme, then really did sell it all. And the stuff about amazon affiliate codes really is shady.

Personal information loses its value quickly unless kept up to date. Are your address, phone number, email, employer etc all the same as they were a year ago? Five years? Ten?

mailinabox.email/

But an infographic would be good too